It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holland Michigan Radar-Visual UFO Case.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Uhm radar ?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondTheUnkown
Uhm radar ?

Uhm, yes, as the thread title suggests, this is a radar-visual case, so includes radar observations and data. What is the point you are trying to convey?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metatronin
I live in holland, and this stuff never stopped. You can see crazy stuff on almost any night if you stay out and watch long enough. Stuff goes into and out of the lake all the time. No one reports it anymore because its normal.

I grew up in the 1960's/1970's on Lake Michigan about 40 miles due south of Holland, Michigan. I clearly remember seeing strange lights over the lake all the time. Once, an orb was so big and bright that the 2 local radio stations interrupted programming. They reported that jets were being scrambled from Glenview Naval Air Station across the lake in Illinois to investigate this large unknown craft. In the next day's newspaper, it was reported that as the jets got close, the object simply shot up and out of sight at incredible speed.

I have no doubt that these "events" are still occurring in/over Lake Michigan. But, it does surprise me that with today's technology, average people aren't filming these objects and posting them to YouTube. Far less interesting videos are uploaded daily.
-cwm
edit on 13-12-2012 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2012 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Longtime lurker, first time poster here.

Never had the pleasure of witnessing anything myself, but plenty of folks I know claim to have seen all sorts of wild things around here, both in the sky and on the ground.

My dad was heavily into anything about "aliens" back in the 90s, and although at first I leaned heavily to the skeptic side, I remember that after this happened, my opinion changed overnight. I still don't claim to understand what's going on, but whatever it was, something very real and out of the ordinary happened that evening.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph

Well done. This incident is one of my all time favorites, there is simply no disputing something was there....only, what was there.

That radar track was long, and indicated speeds and altitude changes that are not only extremely unearthly, but highly illegal in regard to Federal Flight rules governing aviation operations in our country.

Lonewulph, it's certainly an eyeopening one mate and it explains in this book how the NOAA were 'scared to death' about being involved in a UFO case and would let no one interview their personnel - apparently a compromise was reached when they allowed Professor Swords in to study the radar information and, although the USAF claimed to have no information about the incident, they did manage to send him a copy of his own report through the FOIA..

There are quite a few relevant articles at the link below which mention the police/town resident UFO sightings and describe something big and 'really strange' over the town of Holland - also brought up is the simultaneous radar tracking and different estimated speeds of the objects.

Old News

There's also some intriguing info here about a BIMUP Investigation and how hundreds of other UFO reports came in from the surrounding area in the following days - also mentioned are some alleged documents which raise these points:

This section goes on about how the radar replication reports were acquired and additional information reported that was not made public during the flap of March 8, 1994. Some of the additional highlights are:

• Several minutes before the 'objects' appeared on the exhibit radar printout, other objects were tracked by sophisticated sites across the United States.

• The first group of 24 objects approached the west coast of California from the southwest over the Pacific Ocean and appeared to be on a course toward Lake Michigan.

• At about the same time, a group of 14 objects were tracked approaching the south east from Florida and an additional group of 24 objects approached from over the Alaska and the Northwest Territory of Canada, also appearing to be headed toward Lake Michigan

• Simultaneously, a group of 12 objects appeared approaching from the East Coast of the United States coming from the north east and were observed at Loring AFB.

• All the groups actually converged at a point approximately 52,000 feet above the north central portion of Lake Michigan.

link

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Absolutely stunning case. Superb radar data, clearly suggesting many objects travelling at vertical speeds beyond current earth-based technology (or what is known to exist). And corroborated by multiple ground witnesses.

I wish there were more like this.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The fact that there are so many holland residents here should be alarming.

However, what would video really help? There is a lot of plane traffic etc, but some stuff that doesn't seem normal. The best are the lights that rise from the water(up to cloud level, hover, and then return back to the water), only because it is not plane or boat behavior(bobbing lights,etc). Who knows what it is. I plan on making a hydrophone and checking for underwater noise and sounds. I think the gov has at least one sub that patrols the lakes too.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

• All the groups actually converged at a point approximately 52,000 feet above the north central portion of Lake Michigan.

There are islands in that area of the lake as well. A few are unmapped due to "private ownership".

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I live in holland, and this stuff never stopped. You can see crazy stuff on almost any night if you stay out and watch long enough. Stuff goes into and out of the lake all the time. No one reports it anymore because its normal.

Originally posted by Youareallschizophrenic

I live in Michigan and have on 2 occasions seen "Something"

Originally posted by thedigirati

I grew up in Holland, you can go to the beach on any given night and see SOMETHING strange.

Appreciate the replies and I think it's fair to say Michigan has experienced quite a lot of UFO activity over the years - below is another report from the state also involving multiple police officers chasing a strange object along Island Lake Road - much like the Ravenna case from the same year they never caught the object.

Michigan at the Millennium: Crowds turn out to chase UFOs near Milan

After a few days of sighting reports by civilians, on March 17 two Washtenaw County Sheriff's deputies, Sgt. Neil Schneider and Deputy David Fitzpatrick, said they saw three or four red, white and green circular objects oscillating and glowing near Milan about 4 a.m.

They called Willow Run Run Airport officials but radar could not confirm the report.

Two more Washtenaw deputies, Buford Bushroe and John Foster, chased the same types of objects three days later. Livingston and Monroe County residents also reported seeing the objects.

The Detroit News carried the police chase story and a drawing of a quilted football-like UFO with lights, dome and antennae.

When Dexter Patrolman Robert Huniwell saw the object at 9:30 p.m. at Quigly and Brand, Washtenaw County Sheriff Douglas Harvey ordered all available deputies to the scene. Six patrol cars, two men in each, and three detectives converged on the area. They chased the flying object along Island Lake Road without catching it.

link

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by subarujump

I still don't claim to understand what's going on, but whatever it was, something very real and out of the ordinary happened that evening.

I think we're all in the same boat there Subarujump.

Here's another news article about the case with witness testimony from Randi Murphy who said she saw the object just above tree top level making 'a soft, whirring sound'.

Newspaper Archive

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Were there drones in 1997, as in 2001? I was sure wondering. Just before I posted, a Myspace window opened up with close up video of a person's hands playing a guitar. It came and vanished all by itself, after a long spinning beach ball of death locked up the machine.

Be forewarned, powers. You don't know what you are provoking.

www.airforce-technology.com...

I can SEE you....

edit on 28-1-2013 by davidmann because: grammar

edit on 28-1-2013 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2013 by davidmann because: grammar

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
OK sports fans, you'll notice that obama's crew just ripped my link revealing that the predator drone did in fact go into production in August of 1997. Top speed about 80 kts. The link has been valid until this very AM. If you were paying attention you'd understand that my report (which I pulled after 20 mins or so) stated that I was talking about Aug 30, '97. It is, most probably, the most important writing I have done. I removed it because I felt it was important that I retain possession of my words, and not feed them to the ats maw of permanence, or abandon, for better or worse.

I am trembling in my quantum shell right now, wondering if I will ever be allowed on open water, or land, again.

If you were the white haired fairy god perched on a cloud, what would you do? I am feeling none too forgiving, about
this remembrance.

The above, somewhat confusing post, which mentioned hands playing a guitar...I should add that it appeared as though the hands were filmed from outside a window, and the image wavered as though shot from a 'helicopter', a really small one, perhaps. The hands looked like mine, but I was too busy coming to a slow, though accurate, summary of what it all means, to feel violated. For that, I just watch the news.

Sincerely,

Bill Dingleberry, close, very intimate, associate to fat robin at WGN, Chicago's very own.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann

Were there drones in 1997, as in 2001?

According to the radar data the returns were four times bigger than a commercial aircraft and the object ascended vertically at 1000mph before separating into three other objects.

Do you think it was a drone or are you more interested in ranting on about disappearing guitar players and spinning beach balls?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Another news article which mentions 'the hottest case in the country', one eye-witness also estimates the UFO as being 50 feet long, cigar shaped and round:

link

edit on 8-3-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Would you mind getting some video or photos? Not from a cellphone, but maybe a Sony camcorder or Nikon camera on a tri-pod.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Would you mind getting some video or photos?

Yes, photos would be nice - there was an alleged image taken of the UFO involved in the Lake Erie Coastguard incident back in 1988 but apparently MUFON are withholding it from the public (link).

As for this case here's yet more testimony from the same time and area taken from another newspaper article.

link

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I no longer live in west Michigan, or I would record the lake sky for folks, I am surprised it's not on live webcam any longer, I know it used to be in Grand Haven, but that was years ago.

My friend and I saw an Orb as was stated already, when my friend heard about it on the news he freaked and , to this day, will not speak of it.

I've seen lots of odd things at night in the sky, I have no Idea what they are.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

It's funny, I lived in Holland from 2004-2007 and never heard a thing about this!

Fascinating thread!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
And the silence you hear are the debunkers....

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I live about 40 miles south of Holland and if I recall a passenger plane was lost in the late 50's south of there and never found. I've only been in the area about 6 years but always have my eyes open. Lots of planes from Chicago over head. I haven't seen anything but satellites but nearly everu night in the hot tub I keep looking up

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join