It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holland Michigan Radar-Visual UFO Case.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Really interesting case from Holland, Michigan on March 8th, 1994 (9 months before the Trumbull County UFO flap) where 'panicked' citizens flooded 911 operators with UFO reports from around Lake Michigan and police officers who were dispatched to investigate also witnessed the objects - the case also made international news due to the National Weather Service Radar Station picking up very strange radar returns in the same area (and at the same time) as the UFOs were being witnessed.

Professor Michael Swords makes some very interesting comments about the radar data in the video below, explaining how the returns were at least as bright as commercial aircraft 'but four times bigger', he also mentions how the object was originally plotted at 18000ft but within 15 seconds it ascended vertically at a speed of around 1000mph - also how the UFO broke from one object into three objects (which he describes as 'fundamentally mysterious') .

Sound disabled?

On the evening of March 8, 1994, residents of Southwest Michigan began seeing strange things in the skies over Lake Michigan to the south of Holland. Blue, white, red, and green lights, sometimes attached to cylindrical objects, and sometimes performing unusual maneuvers, were reported.

911 operators began receiving calls at around 9:30 p.m. about something that looked like "a string of Christmas lights way up in the sky." It wasn't just a few people reporting these things; it was counties all up and down Lake Michigan. Some sources said 300 witnesses, including several police officers, saw the lights.

There were so many reports that one of the Ottawa County 911 operators decided to call the National Weather Service radar operator at Muskegon. The conversations that 911 had with the NWS operator were taped and later made their way into the media. The radar operator's voice could be heard describing abrupt movements of the object and multiple objects appearing on the radar screen..

link

Transcript (excerpt):

Transcript of the 08 MARCH 1994 Ottawa County 911/National Weather Service tapes

NWS: I'm looking at it in the vertical now and I... not really.. ok, wait a minute something right...there. Ok, lets see what that is... looks like a... there's a larger return down there... let's see, that looks like um... up about maybe... (garble) goes up about 6,000 feet and about... um

BACKGROUND VOICE: Presumed at NWS: Coulda been a plane.

NWS: Well it's pretty big...wait a minute

BACKGROUND VOICE: Presumed at NWS: That's weird..

NWS yeah, um...I got it on manual now... I'm just kinda um...I'm continuously um radiating on it...and um, it looks like it's steady right now.....................(garble)...... I'm getting it now at um, about 12,000 feet... and it's uh......(this appears?) a pretty strong return

911: Huh!

NWS:.......... but...... yeah, I've never seen...Now I'm getting multiple returns.

911: One of the people that called that I just had happened to talk to said it looked like a bunch of cylindrical objects...

NWS: Well we...OH MY GOD!... WHAT IS THIS!?

911:...they were going together and coming apart.

link

Professor Swords also provides more info below about the CUFOS investigation into the case and the UFO's movement on the radarscope - there are also reproductions of eye-witness UFO sketches and inevitable claims of witness harassment.

CUFON Investigation

Holland MI Radar-Visual UFO Case, March 8, 1994, part one

Holland, MI Radar-Visual UFO Case, part two.

The Holland Michigan Radar-Visual UFO Case, part three and final.

Links:

Audio -Police Dispatch Call
Seeing a UFO was unforgettable

edit on 22-3-2019 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Well done. This incident is one of my all time favorites, there is simply no disputing something was there....only, what was there.

That radar track was long, and indicated speeds and altitude changes that are not only extremely unearthly, but highly illegal in regard to Federal Flight rules governing aviation operations in our country.

With this many creditable witnesses, video, and backed with a radar track, there should have been a multi federal agency investigation for this incursion of our country's airspace. If, for no other reason, to confirm whether or not our national security was, at any time, at risk.

Any organization, (police), or service, (air traffic control, NWS, etc), involved with this at the time, should have immediately made federal notifications of the presence of this giant aircraft, it's obvious illegal operations, and it's unknown intentions. To cover their own butts if not for any other reason.

At the very least, our President alongside heads of the FAA and NSA should have set up a press conference or made a public statement with their findings along with the facts of if we were ever in any danger.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

edit on 11-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: double clicked

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
S&F, excellent thread. I saw this when it first aired and feel this is one of the most credible reports there have been. THIS is what brought me to ATS and it's very refreshing to see one that, in my opinion, is very legitimate.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Ah, once again you're filling in some new data. Thanks for that. I knew about the Trumbull case but hadn't heard about this one even though I thought I had seen and recorded all the UFO Hunter programs.

These radar-visual cases are really compelling and given that there are so many, with several witness reports from different places in the general sighting area, coupled with the radar reports, it's a wonder that anyone can question the veracity of the phenomenon.

As to what and who they are, that's a question I hope---and it's only a hope, to have answered in my lifetime. Looking at the data, one is tempted to fall back on the ETH or IDH. But all we can definitively say is that the phenomenon has physical properties coupled at times with apparent non-physical properties that may relate to a larger reality involving one or more extra dimensions.

We are aware of about 4% of the universe. Most of the universe's other aspects, the dark matter/dark energy portion, is still unknown to us. The phenomenon may be a synthesis of the ETH and IDH that just appears as 'magic' to us, just as a rainbow can be described to a blind person but not seen (there are however neurologically applied methods for inducing something like 'seeing' in a blind person).

We may be in a similar position as Mr. A Square in Flatland seeing something 'appear' on his plane, get larger, then smaller, then disappear from his flat world, not being able to understand that a 3 dimensional object has passed through his plane.

What would an object popping out of our 3-D space that is 90 degrees from our 3-D space look like if seen from 2 equidistant vantage points? Person A would see an object receding directly away from him into the distance. Person B would also see the object receding directly away from him. Of course we'd say, "That's impossible!"

An interesting side note here. We, of the 3rd dimension unlike Mr. A Square, can conceive of such a scenario. That would seem to imply that our minds may reside, a priori, in a multi-dimensional matrix, one that has not yet been differentiated from the subconscious.

Did I really just write that??

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
HOLY MOLY!!! Karl!!... 29 Flags and 4 replies?!

I always like seeing threads authored that bring out a lot of different views and involve many different members, that's probably my favorite thing about ATS...

My second favorite would be;

A thread so comprehensive that it's hard for anyone to disagree or even add additional information to the thread!

I've seen 1UFO with, in my opinion, 100% certainty that it could not be a rare type of man-made airplane and unlikely to be military tech. It was around the early 90's too. There were some other strange sightings in my region from that time, but they were different than what I saw.

The sightings report of people seeing long cylindrical objects, high in the atmosphere, with a red or bright orange coloring. Similar to the events described in this thread, these sightings were reported by a good number of people, spanning a pretty large region.

I wish I had proof like what the best UFO claims have.... anyway, thanks for the thread, I was beginning to begin getting bored again.

edit on 11-12-2012 by esteay812 because: tyops

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I live in holland, and this stuff never stopped. You can see crazy stuff on almost any night if you stay out and watch long enough. Stuff goes into and out of the lake all the time. No one reports it anymore because its normal.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Metatronin

People no longer report UFO's because they are too normal of an event. Boy, the deniers would love that.

Though their ships are so fast, I do not know if distance would matter to them, an underwater base in the Great Lakes makes good sense as far as location goes. A much closer reach across Canada than say flying from Bermuda.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I live in Michigan and have on 2 occasions seen "Something"
1. Was 2 years ago and had been a Cluster of Orb like craft.
2. Was on the 4th of July. It to was an Orb that was mechanical in nature but completely silent. Had a Bottom light that was a Bluish-White that turned off as it approached me.. then continued on it's merry towards Canada.. then the Bottom light turned back on when It was further away from me.
These were not Chinese globe lantern things.

We are being observed

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

If you really want to check this out.....

Then follow quietly check the local TV stations. One is located in Kalamazoo Michigan.

It had a new $175,000 portable camera in South Haven Michigan doing a live shots on the local beach.
They were done with the camera work.

The film crew was still enjoying the Lake front of South Haven on the Lake Michigan Beach.

They cut live to the best picture of a UFO that I have ever seen.
Imagine how good it was. New camera, 175K......
Mid Broadcast the power was cut to the main TV station more than 60 miles away in Kalamazoo.

I went from this can't really be happening to a "O-SH**" moment.
I was stationed at Holloman ABF ,,, Hmmmm the event had a suddenly rings of truth.

The TV station returned to the air shortly afterword.
No mention of the cut away or loss of power to their transmission facilities.

The Camera operator was accosted by a UFO in 3 Rivers days later at a distance of hundreds of yards.
It also was on film also broadcasted.

Later when the film would not be turned over authorities the TV station was taken off the Air for quite a while.
While their license filing was reviewed by the FCC.
This is a major TV station in the area.

The TV station returned to the Air under new management.
The Camera operator was taken to Court by the new management.
He lost his home last I heard.

No one talks about this when they do an investigation like this.

No one checks the license records of the Kalamazoo TV station. They are public records.

No one has access to the film taken in South Haven. (They went threw the courts arguing about who owned it)

There is a Nuke Plant on Lake Michigan not 5 miles from the South Haven sighting.
It is never without infrared and visual observation from the Eyes in the Sky! Not to say ground based.

The Courts, The Nuke Plant, 911 and South Haven Police, Eye witness's. The TV station records.Local new papers accounting of all of the above in Kalamazoo.

There is so much just floating out there, No one is looking.

I give up..........

Watcher

1 101010

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
thanks! I had never heard of this case - its strange how some of the cases with the best evidence are so under-reported.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Thanks for posting about this fabulous ufo case. I love the ufo hunters show etc. but so many do not come up with the goods. But this one SURE does.
Way to go !

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Nice one, Karl12. Another credible UFO case with plenty of evidence. The lack of replies by the 'usual suspects' speaks volumes.....

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I live in holland, and this stuff never stopped. You can see crazy stuff on almost any night if you stay out and watch long enough. Stuff goes into and out of the lake all the time. No one reports it anymore because its normal.

Why cant we get pictures of these things going into the water and coming out? There must be webcams pointed out over the lake and these could be the the (non-official) evidence we need to prove that stuff is happening there.

Are there web cameras which work at night and which can film the night sky in that area?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
"Im not saying its aliens, but, ALIENS!"

No, seriously, i love this! gives me goosebumps!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
LARGE swamp gas ..

hahah no Im not one of those people

Very interesting though. It amazes me how many people LOVE and go crazy for this spaceship and alien stuff! More people beleive then those who dont. Those who dont, folow science and athiesm
Dont worry they will catch up to the truth soon

Thanks for sharing this, lots of stars and flags
Ats LOVES it!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
..oh come on!! We all know this was Santa doing some flight tests

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I grew up in Holland, you can go to the beach on any given night and see SOMETHING strange.

I saw many things over the lake, even lost a friend, who also saw something over the lake with me, and would never talk about it, or to me, again. This was all north of Holland, out by New Holland Street, on the way to Grand Haven.

The Power plant out there has a whirlpool in the lake, you can take pictures of it (That used to be the "hotspot" warm water release area, years ago).

The erosion is amazing, who is still eating all that sand??

Michigan summers are awesome, winters too just dang COLD!!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
I saw many things over the lake, even lost a friend, who also saw something over the lake with me, and would never talk about it, or to me, again.

Sounds intriguing - please elaborate. Your the second person in this thread to have experienced some unusual phenomenon in the Holland area......

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Looking forward to reading this later, looks very interesting!!!
S & F

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join