It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussie man wants worlds least useful and least interesting superpower to be studied by scientists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Spinning man - has spun out ...

Superpower, no, special needs, maybe.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
OK I don't know why but I kept thinking 'superpower = country' never registered 'superpower' as in superhero :LOL: until I was well into the thread...hahaha well I guess for the time I have wasted on this thread I might as well complete the time waste by watching that video lolz

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Hey!! Study me, I've got a super power in water too. I sink.

Seriously, if you hold your body like that, almost everyone would rotate. I've seen my kids do it many times in the pool.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Can electric currents change the currents of electrolyte containing water(pool water) ?

Let's toss a plugged in toaster into the water and see what happens.

The theory you espouse only works if there is no resistance. Just look at Skydivers and cliff jumpers. The air provides resistance and water even more so.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Maybe someone needs to tell the guy that probably millions of others can do the same, I used to do this as a child when going to the swimming pool, you hold body with a slight bend and twist at around the lower back/upper waist make sure your feet and head are pointed in a V like direction and with movement through a medium like water you could spin for quite a while.

Has society lost touch that much that one cannot use logic and reason to understand things for themselves without an authority guiding them to a selected truth

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Can electric currents change the currents of electrolyte containing water(pool water) ?

Let's toss a plugged in toaster into the water and see what happens.

The theory you espouse only works if there is no resistance. Just look at Skydivers and cliff jumpers. The air provides resistance and water even more so.

You do not understand the conservation of angular momentum in a short term fall that a cat seemingly violates.. Obviously sky divers can fly around nd change speed and all that.. I'm talking split seconds..

It was a problem in physics for awhile..

This guy could be doing something similar.. If you pay attention I said this isn't Special, but I do want to know exactly what it is..

Your toaster joke was immature. Too much military warped your humor? I understand a lot more about electric currents than I care to discuss here, given the climate of the responses. A toaster would short circuit, got a better idea?

Here

And More to the point Here

Ship propulsion

An electric current is passed through seawater in the presence of an intense magnetic field, which interacts with the magnetic field of the current through the water. Functionally, the seawater is then the moving, conductive part of an electric motor. Pushing the water out the back accelerates the vehicle in the forward direction.

The physics equation describing this propelling force is Fmag = I (L × B) where L is the vector in the direction of the current 'I' and its length is the distance the current travels, B is the magnetic field, and × denotes the cross product.

MHD is attractive because it has no moving parts, which means that a good design might be silent, reliable, and efficient.

I'm not sure I want to go any more into this than I already have..

Those are the two things I would test.. Hint one involves body posture... One is a bit more of a pet idea I've been thinking about..
edit on 12/11/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/11/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

My sisters gave me warped sense of humor, the military just refined it a bit. I'm sorry you didn't get even a chuckle.

But it sounds like what you describe is the "Caterpillar Drive" from The Hunt for Red October.

I will admit that that type of knowledge is above my head, but looking at the link just didn't strike me as anything special. After all, he is subtly moving his body and neck/head.

By doing so, he is altering/shifting his center of balance. I'm going to have to check this out come summer.
edit on 11-12-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
And as luck would have it Australia Day is the biggest drinking day of the year for us. Bloody Victorians huh!

Was he spinning clockwise or anti-clockwise, because my Uncle Fozzy does this thing where he spins anti-clockwise and suddenly all these bubbles rise to the surface. But then everyones gotta flee cause they stink. Oh yeah, this also requires ample beer.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
What an impressive guy. Not quite as impressive as x12superhuman though. Now that dudes a true superhero. Here's his channel:

www.youtube.com...

And this is his interview with a reputable, and respectable, researcher:

www.youtube.com...

It's safe to say that I was sold.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Trubeeleever
And as luck would have it Australia Day is the biggest drinking day of the year for us. Bloody Victorians huh!

Was he spinning clockwise or anti-clockwise, because my Uncle Fozzy does this thing where he spins anti-clockwise and suddenly all these bubbles rise to the surface. But then everyones gotta flee cause they stink. Oh yeah, this also requires ample beer.

Unless he wasn't drinking on Australia Day--that would prove him insane (and possibly a terrorist).

I wonder if a southern cross tattoo would make him spin faster?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hahahah! Maybe he was just not an ambiturner until last year?

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

I wonder if a southern cross tattoo would make him spin faster?

Well I suppose the tatt can't hurt his prospects, it may be drawing on the power of the southern hemisphere constellation and creating a whirlpool vortex, not unlike the spa bath in "Hot tub Time machine". The catalyst in that movie was a can of Russian energy drink, maybe the catalyst in this scenario is a can of VB (Victoria Bitter).

If he wasn't drinking on Australia Day I can hardly accuse anyone of the "T"-word, but maybe the word "Crazy" enters the equation.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Notice how he's slightly going up and down in the water, as he spins a complete cycle? As he breathes out, he shifts his center of balance slightly so that he's butt-buoyant and spins butt-up, and sinks to his chin, then inhales and holds it, and he becomes buoyant, comes about three more inches out of the water and spins chest up.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join