It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Doomsday Apology Repository Nexus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Yes, you guessed it, this thread is titled D.A.R.N., the 2012 Doomsday Apology Repository Nexus.

Since there are so many 2012 threads out there, as a public ATS service, it would be nice to have a central thread location for all the doomsayers who drank the kool-aid to formally apologize to the rest of the community if and when nothing happens. It's a safe place to say "Darn! I was wrong!".

As we all know, apologizing is not popular. But we also know that human beings need to make verbal amends to clear their consciences. The folks who predicted any doom-and-gloom, apocalyptic event, physical or spiritual shift, etc surrounding 12/21/2012 need a safe place where they can just 'fess up and admit some degree of delusion.

For the sake of formality and sincerity, I would suggest you post a prepared statement; however, I am aware that many people just can't find the right words when it comes to this sort of thing. So in order to help out (it never hurts to help, you know), I offer up the following generic apology for you to cut and paste.

Hello, my name is ________, and I was wrong about 2012. I apologize to the community for being wrong about something so significant.

It's not demeaning, and it's very simple and to the point. You could even include some links to threads and posts where you were really, really wrong to offer some amusing highlights!

Also, a few words are in order regarding the gray area of what might occur on 12/21/2012. It would be appropriate to define what a significant event is in order for us to determine the degree of incorrectness.

Example 1 - A Significant Event
Alien vessels surround the earth and harvest humans for food. This is a significant event and nobody will be apologizing in this thread because you will all be busy getting eaten by aliens.

Example 2 - Another Significant Event
Biblical judgement occurs and souls are wrenched from the earth; there is verifiable physical and spiritual chaos. This too would be a significant event, and may God have mercy on all our souls.

Example 3 - NOT a Significant Event
At 11:11 PM on 12/21/2012 while eating cheese puffs on your Grandma's couch, you get a tingling in your left leg, pass gas three times and feel like you are ascending into the clouds. This is not a significant event. Nobody can verify that any spiritual ascension took place. It is a personal experience, and is most likely due to the high methane content of your gastrointestinal expulsion.

There will be many that come on ATS, and even though we all know that nothing happened, they will say that something happened for them. To this notion, I say "That's great for you, but that don't count." Then I will suggest they begin composing their apology.

For the less-swift among us, this is all a bit tongue-in-cheek, but there is an element of truth. Too much pride can make you sick inside. Free yourself from your shackles on 12/22/2012 and just say "I'm sorry."

Peace

P.S. You can also apologize in advance if you already know you're wrong. Think about it.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
And where will you be posting your apology when the Zombies are running around eating everyones brains then Mr smarty pants?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

I like your concept. It's kind of a *forgive and forget* Safe Haven for all....

I hope that those who will be shouting *I told you so* to those poor people fresh in the throes of shattered hopes and dreams, will remember to temper their *I told you so's*, with compassion.

Des

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
And where will you be posting your apology when the Zombies are running around eating everyones brains then Mr smarty pants?

Under said circumstances, I too will be on the board of fare for said zombies. At that point, I can no longer be referred to as Mr. Smarty Pants because I will be missing my brain (or at least part of it).
edit on 10-12-2012 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
S&F cuz you made me lol.

And so what if there IS an event on 12/21?! Will there be a counter thread for all the skeptics to come and say:

1. You were right. I was wrong. I have to keep this apology post short because a chunk of Niburu set my house on fire and I have to go put it out.

2. Aliens are in my corn field outside so I must quickly fill many glasses of water...didn't you say they were scared of water?

3. I awoke this morning with six hundred and sixty-six Illuminati triangles on my forehead and now my soul is condemned for all eternity.

edit on 10-12-2012 by Raulken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Raulken

If any of the events you refer to happen on 12/21/2012, I will joyfully post an eloquent, formal apology in the proper alternative repository that does not yet exist.

If I am no longer alive, my apology statement will be in the breast pocket of the dapper coat adorning my corpse.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I hope that those who will be shouting *I told you so* to those poor people fresh in the throes of shattered hopes and dreams, will remember to temper their *I told you so's*, with compassion.

Des

I have decided to refrain from any "I told you so" talk. This semi-satire is my alternative means of expression.

And I agree, people should temper their frustration with compassion. Folks are likely to be fragile when the mother ship does not arrive.
edit on 10-12-2012 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Des

Awww.... but I've had this "I told you so" for like, forever and it's really, really burning a hole in my pocket.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Des

Awww.... but I've had this "I told you so" for like, forever and it's really, really burning a hole in my pocket.

Heff...I can't even imagine you being intentionally mean to anyone.....at least while you're sober...

Des

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Des

Heff...I can't even imagine you being intentionally mean to anyone.....at least while you're sober...

Des

He probably has a " I TOLD YOU SO" thread lock and loaded for the 22nd...If anything happens out of the ordinary his evil genius computer will click the "post" button.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Des

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I'm much more punitive than rehabilitative.

Anyone who posted any form of nonsense tied to 12/21/12 should have a scarlet "D" for douchebag stamped under their username.
edit on 10-12-2012 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

top topics

join