Using your Free-Will to ask God [Creator of All / The Most High] to keep you from negative influence

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
People say that evil things happen because of negative influence due to free-will, but why would you still do negative things if you pray saying

"Please, Grand Creator, Most High, take away my free-will, deliver me from evil intentions, and direct me through my actions so that I no longer fall into temptation and so that you will always be done."

Even if you pray this you would still do negative things sometimes, which doesn't make sense because with all of your heart and will you want to do the right thing, and you are already using your free-will to say NO to evil and asking the creator of all to keep you guarded from negative.

Even if you take the extra effort to direct your thought, and even if you take this advice:

...[W]hatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
- Philippians 4:8

Negative will still find its way into your mind.

Anyway, I still agree that this is probably the greatest advice in the bible though ( I will make a thread about that later).

Even in The Lord's Prayer, Jesus and the early Christians believed that you can use your free-will to ask The Heavenly Father to do only his will and to stay from evil - and that the prayer should work and be effective:

(Translated into Modern English from Latin)

Our Father who is in Heaven
Blessed be Your Name
May Your Kingdom come
May Your Will be done
On Earth, as it is in Heaven
Give us today, our daily bread
And forgive us of our trespasses
As we forgive our trespassers
And do not lead us into temptation
But free us from Evil

What do you think about this? This question is NOT about Christianity, but more specifically, about the idea of praying away your free-will for the highest good [The Will of The Most High] whether you believe it to be the god of Christianity or whatever...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I believe the point is to NOT pray away your free will.

Your will be done

The method behind creating a perfect creature is to give them free will and teach them right from wrong so that they WILLINGLY choose the right path.

But I do see your point in doing something that you don't want to do.

Romans 7:15 New International Version (NIV) 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Raulken

You said the point was to NOT pray away the free-will, but that doesn't make sense. This is a prayer to "The Heavenly Father" and it says

"Your will be done, on Earth, as it is in heaven"

so obviously the will that is being prayed for is not FREE will (The Person) but the will of Heaven (The Father), which was one of the main reasons I thought of this thread about praying away one's own will so that Heaven can fill one's will with the highest will (of The Highest - Heaven)...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Might as well talk to the trees.

Worked for Clint.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I see that you have understood free will. Quite an amazing gift it is, how much better is it when we give it back? I don’t think many people will have any understanding of what you are talking about but you are correct. As Christ gave his will to the father, all the way to the point of crucifixion, we should also give our will.

It is nice to give your will to Christ because all he is asking you to do is love. Such a light burden and much easier way to learn. Each day I wake up knowing that today God's will, will be done.
edit on 11-12-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

new topics

join