It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else see this Fog?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

And yet you dont really have the guts to say what you really think is going on because you know you will be flamed for it. Get a back bone. If you believe its man made say so. But be prepared to back it up with rock solid proof. Late fall weather usually does include a lot of morning or evening fog. You need the cold and the wet air to produce fog.

It is not in my place to say what I 'believe'. You made the conscious decision to open this thread because of the title. For what reason would I post what I believed?.. was I asked in a manner of interest that would act as a catalyst for another to further their own understanding..?..nope.

One seeks proof where one sees doubt, but if one sees doubt than one already has the proof that they don't need proof.

So, would any "proof" 'I' annotated to you be of any use?..probably not. For one's own proof is just that, their own.

My friend, I would propose that you follow by the same standards you set to other's posts.

You need the cold and the wet air to produce fog.

This knowledge is of absolutely no importance to us, but I am just trying to allow you to follow your own standards.

Namaste.
edit on 11-12-2012 by GreeneLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Or is it possible that the man lives in the mountains and its common knowledge that its foggy every morning in the mountains? Red tint is usually due to dust and pollution not magical forces but hey, in your world I guess we jump to the absurd before the logical. Take a break Yoda, there isnt really any "force".

Was 'your' annotation above (bolded) ever mentioned/determined? Was it ever not mentioned/determined? Why create that which does not exist?

Red tint is usually due to dust and pollution not magical forces

What 'created' this "dust"? What defines "pollution"? Did the human race create the idea of "pollution"?

Take a break Yoda, there isnt really any "force".

I hope the pun was intended, clever.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
We had that same weird event about a month ago in good ol' Indiana.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GreeneLight

Greenelight, yes this was all very recently, it was the same night you went out driving, only a few hours later (EST); 2:30 AM! My fear was overwhelming while driving through the dense fog trying to get to my son who had already left by ambulance!

Now as to things having been difficult lately, yes they have, but things have always been a little more on the difficult side for my family although I couldn't tell you why. My first husband (my son's biological father). Posed the theory that I might be cursed lol, but he's an asshat hehe!! The issue is much more so that something has always been "off" about my 14 yr old! He has always pushed people away, I even breastfed himm for 18 months but after ot was no longer for nourishment, it became something that was done on his terms as it were. He never wanted to be comforted if he fell and got hurt, sometimes he didn't even realize he was hurt. An example of this is when he was about 4, he was sitting on the floor watching cartoons and I noticed a trickle of blood running down his neck. Here he had a small laceration on his head and didn't know how it happened!!

Really, I have been begging for "help" in figuring out his uniqueness almost his whole life. Family Dr.'s, teachers, friends, other parents, you name it, I've asked them. Even joined several parenting forums looking for guidance and for the most part I've heard things like "oh he's just all boy" and "each child is different, don't expect him to be like your other ones", oh and my personal favorite "be patient, he'll grow out of it"!!!! So while him being hospitalized doesn't really surprise me, it completely disappoints me because it has become obvious he won't be home on the 21st, and barring any huge event connected to that date, he won't be home for Christmas either

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by IrishCream

Greenelight, yes this was all very recently, it was the same night you went out driving, only a few hours later (EST); 2:30 AM! My fear was overwhelming while driving through the dense fog trying to get to my son who had already left by ambulance!

This is interesting. We must have experiencesd the same feelings in the same fog. Except, mine were a little less "important" if you could say that. I had to get to this event in another persons car..the drive up was not bad, I am a safe drive. However, I was very aware of the immensly dense fog that stood in my way for the hour drive, I did not know what to expect around any corner...even the high beams did no justice.

Now as to things having been difficult lately, yes they have, but things have always been a little more on the difficult side for my family although I couldn't tell you why. My first husband (my son's biological father). Posed the theory that I might be cursed lol, but he's an asshat hehe!! The issue is much more so that something has always been "off" about my 14 yr old! He has always pushed people away, I even breastfed himm for 18 months but after ot was no longer for nourishment, it became something that was done on his terms as it were. He never wanted to be comforted if he fell and got hurt, sometimes he didn't even realize he was hurt. An example of this is when he was about 4, he was sitting on the floor watching cartoons and I noticed a trickle of blood running down his neck. Here he had a small laceration on his head and didn't know how it happened!!

Really, I have been begging for "help" in figuring out his uniqueness almost his whole life. Family Dr.'s, teachers, friends, other parents, you name it, I've asked them. Even joined several parenting forums looking for guidance and for the most part I've heard things like "oh he's just all boy" and "each child is different, don't expect him to be like your other ones", oh and my personal favorite "be patient, he'll grow out of it"!!!! So while him being hospitalized doesn't really surprise me, it completely disappoints me because it has become obvious he won't be home on the 21st, and barring any huge event connected to that date, he won't be home for Christmas either

This resonates deeply. This MBSC understands this as if it were himself, where...if you don't mind we would like to extend an invitation to a U2U, where this MBSC would prefer to direct this conversation.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by new_here

Coastal Virginia here. We're neighbors too in a sense. Yes its been warm here the past few days but you know that that is not abnormal. We get warm temps here all throughout the winter. It jumps up and down and anywhere can be considered normal. Today the weather is much cooler and the temps are expected to drop back to the 30's tonight. It will warm up again over the weekend so folks who dont have their lights up yet or still need to shop will do it in comfort.
Yes, cooler here as well. Nice to meet you, neighbor.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I know people who proclaim everything is normal, even as they're sprouting antennae from their foreheads. That's why I had to get away from the east coast. People were for the most part nuts already, minus the fog.

One other thing. Truly crazy people don't realize there's anything wrong with their behavior.

Stay safe everyone.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I know people who proclaim everything is normal, even as they're sprouting antennae from their foreheads. That's why I had to get away from the east coast. People were for the most part nuts already, minus the fog.

Very true.

One other thing. Truly crazy people don't realize there's anything wrong with their behavior.

Stay safe everyone.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyntheticPerception
reply to post by Fylgje

I haven't ever noticed any red fog

Just to clear things up, I had only noticed a red "glow" at nights, no fog.

Didn't want to confuse the OP

I do not like the red glow at night. Especially when it occurs in the EAST after sundown. WTH???
Also, happens on clear nights for me too.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI

I live in the Appalachian mountains and I've noticed a reddish kinda fog at night. Its kinda eerie and i've noticed it the past couple nights. Its also really warm here. I wore shorts and T-shirt yesterday and I'm 3000 ft up....no idea

Had a situation of this fog hanging around for days a couple of months ago and there was red fog late at night. It was so eerie. I wondered if it was pollution causing it to be that colour because it looked so strange.
I live in BC. Canada.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dymiox

love your Visnu avatar

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by htapath
A native friend of mine's grandfather used to tell him about a mystic fog that would roll in and signal the end of the age. He said it would make people crazy and there would be wide spread chaos as a result. According to him, only those with a kind and good heart would be unaffected.

This is probably totally unrelated but I thought I should pass this along.

This tale is similar to a graphic dream my daughter had in India . Instead of a fog turning mean people crazy , it was an alien baby that had fallen from a passing UFO fleet . Earth shot at the fleet and the baby fell and it sent people crazy and they could feel all the pain they inflicted on others by their deeds and words .

You had to be a good soul not to suffer . He was like a Christ returning and this time not taking the sins on of other but lifting that given grace from before and now everyone really felt what they were doing

Plus had thick atmospheric fog here on east coast Australia , on the Gold Coast region , last week and slime sea that is usually crystal clear . I think he made me really sick
edit on 12-12-2012 by Anusuia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by Raxoxane

Ding ding here is the winner and all time eye opener. It is rare for fog to develope in Africa why? Because its warm there. See, that cold front does have something to do with this fog after all.

Really? Care to back that up with anything? Africa gets plenty of fog, same as everywhere else. In point of fact, some places get so much fog they harvest it to collect water.

Fog harvesting provides clean water for South African Villages

That is one example. If you want more, try the Skeleton Coast - called that because the fog and rocks mean it is a veritable ships graveyard. I could go on............

The point really though is that it is foggy because weather conditions are conducive for it. No mystery.

Just read this back (after posting, not before which is something of a lesson to myself) and would like to apologise if that comes across as rather abrasive.
edit on 12-12-2012 by Flavian because: Clarification

edit on 12-12-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I do not like the red glow at night. Especially when it occurs in the EAST after sundown. WTH??? Also, happens on clear nights for me too.

Have you researched any further into the red tint we are experiencing?

I have not looked into it much at all, also lately I try not to like/dislike things

It feels healthier to observe them and remain impartial (in my mind/thoughts).

Much more fun too

edit on 12-12-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I do not like the red glow at night. Especially when it occurs in the EAST after sundown. WTH??? Also, happens on clear nights for me too.

Have you researched any further into the red tint we are experiencing?

I have not looked into it much at all, also lately I try not to like/dislike things

It feels healthier to observe them and remain impartial (in my mind/thoughts).

Much more fun too

I have not. I would, but I don't know where to locate any information that I can truly trust as sure-fire reliable "no-agenda-here-ma'am"

This statement of yours really resonated with me. Maybe I am moving in this direction, and this is part of the reason I haven't tried to dig up an answer:

"...lately I try not to like/dislike things. It feels healthier to observe them and remain impartial (in my mind/thoughts)."

If you come across anything, and feel inclined to 'impartially impart' said knowledge
...please share, and I'll do the same!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Will do.

The only thing I remember is something about "red at night sailors delight"..

I look at it as sailing the seas of our collective subconscious.

One heck of a bumpy "road".

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Will do.

The only thing I remember is something about "red at night sailors delight"..

I look at it as sailing the seas of our collective subconscious.

One heck of a bumpy "road".

LoL on seas of collective subconscious... ya just nevah know!
On this...

"red at night sailors delight"

...what I know of this comes from an old lady who used to keep my kids when they were little. She vouched for this saying, especially in wintertime. Red in the morning sunrise and she would declare SNOW even when the meteorologist didn't. (Guess who was right? Yup.)

Red at night... refers to the sunset color. The red hue I (and I think you) are talking about is well after sunset, and just as likely to be in the East as anywhere! (Reminds me of the line in Led Zepplin's 'Battle of Evermore' tune:
"...waiting for the Eastern glow." (Of course, back when I first heard the song, I never took it to be... Literal!)

Ok, nostalgia beckons... here's your YTube clip. Love the timing throughout this song! Plant's whining vocals can be an 'acquired taste' I know, but the lyrics (not to mention the song title) are fodder for any Conspiracy-Minded Mortal, eh?
(Lyrics referenced are at around 1:20-ish) ENJOY!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
In the past month or so, here in Central IL, there has been fog accompanied by what I can describe as a chemical smell. I thought it was strange and then I saw this thread. I'm a closet theorist, so I haven't brought it up to anyone besides my girlfriend.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Fellow New Englanders, has it suddenly gotten very very cold where you live? The past months have been nothing but warm and sunny weather and now with the incoming of this Geminid meteor shower there is frost on literally everything. It is so cold outside I barely want to peek outside to the sky. The sky looks incredible and there are so many objects it's hard to wrap my head around. I also smell something like, an explosion almost. My guess is that it is the meteor shower burning around in the atmosphere leaving a singed charred smell? I'm not sure but it 's a strange night, for sure.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoFeelsitKnowsit
Fellow New Englanders, has it suddenly gotten very very cold where you live?

Yes, very much. Yesterday (12/13) was the first really 'cold' day.

The past months have been nothing but warm and sunny weather and now with the incoming of this Geminid meteor shower there is frost on literally everything. It is so cold outside I barely want to peek outside to the sky. The sky looks incredible and there are so many objects it's hard to wrap my head around. I also smell something like, an explosion almost. My guess is that it is the meteor shower burning around in the atmosphere leaving a singed charred smell? I'm not sure but it 's a strange night, for sure.

This does resonate. Yesterday afternoon I could not help but smell a 'grill' as if God was cooking up some burgers

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join