It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else see this Fog?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Lots of fog here in the Philly and the NJ area at least for the past 2 weeks or so.
And the weather has been a lot warmer than normal for Decemeber.
Some days the highs are in the 60's when our norm around this time is usually the 30s or 40s.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

If anyone has read any of my recent responses to "12/21/12, type threads then you know some very unusual things/events have been taking place in my life. The most significant is that of my 14 year old son! He has been getting himself in a lot of trouble over the past year; running away for days, skipping school, smoking lots of ganja, drinking and just all around beyond disrespectful.

Your son is doing all of this?...at the age of 14?

Usually he has these periods of "escalation" where he seems to spew anger and hatred, mostly directed at me but also towards other adult authority figures. He is now on probabtion and was given 10 days out of school suspension this past Thursday. Now when he has these periods of "escalation" he will seclude himself, play video games or watch a movie or even take a walk and then he'll "come down" and be rational and apologetic!

I would attest to this as being just the typical kid growing up with the inability to control ones own emotions. However, now that time is not in our favor, these emotions in 'chaos' could be a sign?

It never lasts more than a day, however after his suspension on Thursday he escalated and by Saturday afternoon I made the decision to take him to the ER for a psychological evaluation. This would NEVER be my response as I am not a huge fan of "Western Medicine", but I honestly was fearful for his safety and mine, it was such extremely unusual behavior! Long story short, within 5 minutes of talking to him the on duty psychologist reccomended at least 3 days in~patient hospitalization
!!

That is quite the response, something very unexpected from such an innocent young mind. What are your thoughts on how this would have came to be? I do not wish to barge in on your personal life, but has life at home been... 'difficult' recently?

An ambulance showed up to take him to a Mental Health Facility in Philadelphia (we don't have any adolocent facilities near us here in Lancaster County, PA). The ambulance left with him while I let my car warm up and I was left alone with only an address to put in my phone's gps! I started driving and noticed it was pretty damn foggy, then I got on the highway towards the turnpike and it turned into a nightmare level of fog! I seriously could NOT see anything except the white lines a few feet in front of me!! Talk about frightening, I was terrified, not knowing if the road was going to bend or if there was a car just stopped in front of me! I couldn't read any of the exit signs and I had no idea where I was. I would go 40 mph waiting for it to clear and when it would, I'm speed up to 80 to make up for lost time.

What day was this? Was this in the recent past?

I had a similar experience on Saturday night. I had drove an hour outside of my location for an event around 9:00pm. THe fog was starting to surround me as I was driving, this created a very nervous feeling inside. When the event was over, I had to drive back around 11:00pm, and let me tell you.. I have NEVER experienced such a thick fog before. I could not see 20feet in front of me for the whole hour ride home. I had to drive around 30-40mph even on the highway.

The only thing I remember 'seeing; besides cars, was this green orb that seemed to have fallen from the sky during the only time when there was no fog.

the dreary, foggyy weather played a significant part in my son's emotional and mental state!

To our understanding, this would not be much of a surprise.

I have noticed in the past week or two that people around here have become very short tempered, and much more easily frustrated! This could be because of the Holiday seasonand/or the looming "Fiscal Cliff" that would be an acceptable explaination, but honestly, it could be something else all together......

Do not ignore your gut feeling, my friend.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by priceless34
Lots of fog here in the Philly and the NJ area at least for the past 2 weeks or so.
And the weather has been a lot warmer than normal for Decemeber.
Some days the highs are in the 60's when our norm around this time is usually the 30s or 40s.

It can stay this warm for all I care just so long as there isn't a cold snap later on in the year to kill the buds on the fruit trees this year like there was last year when it was 90 for that week in March. I do miss playing around in snow, but I realize that now I have more aged family members and the warmer weather with no slippery ice and snow is more ideal for their safety. That and I secretly want it to be a t shirt and shorts Christmas this year.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I'm in Volusia county FL. Been foggy for several days now. Yesterday around 4:45 pm we had a tornado watch. The local news people are saying the potential is here for a repeat tonight. Strange weather for sure.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It has been exceptionally clear at my location (near Pittsburgh). For the past week or so the nights are beautiful; you can see all the stars in the sky lit up and shining brightly,

The only thing I have noticed is a red tint to "everything" at night. Hard to explain.. I first noticed it months ago at least, but last night the "red" tint seemed even more vibrant than usual. I can see out one of my windows from where I sleep, last night I really took notice to how "red" the night sky looked, it was even casting a red hue onto houses, trees, cars. etc.

So no fog here.. Just super clear "red" skies

Has anyone noticed this red as well?

I could be seeing things, wouldn't be the first time I see "things" nobody else does,

edit on 11-12-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JDmOKI

I haven't ever noticed any red fog or whatever here in the Appalachias. As far as it being warm this time of year, it's always done this. I remember many times having late-spring-like conditions in Nov., Dec., and even in January. I remember when I was a kid, there being 3 feet of snow, then a few days later, it would get up to 70 degrees. Now that's not to say that we did used to get a lot more snow than we do now, but I just think it's a normal cycle. Until I see it snow a foot in late July, I'm not worried about it

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It was foggy for 2 days until yesterday we had what I would deem "Random rivers of rain" if you catch my drift. I took video of the rain suddenly picking up and then no more than 5 minutes later the rain just stopped and it was sunny. That happened about 7 more times throughout the day until it stopped around 10 pm. From 1 to 2 am I heard the 'sky noise' which sounded like a low lying jet just idling in the sky right over the ocean I live next to. I went outside and saw no jet. I'm on the Eastern coast of Massachusetts and I can tell you firsthand that there is some funny business going on around here. Strange things in the sky, strange things in the water, military helicopters flying overhead daily. Thanks for making a thread.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
In So Cali, they were talking about fog allot on the news. I did not really think anything of it, but it was in places not so common. Not just an offshore type fog. This week we are in for LOTS of rain
. Its only going to be in the upper 50's brrrrr......I am from Chicago, but after 5 years out here that is cold!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
In lincolnshie uk we have had really heavy fog all day today

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

I haven't ever noticed any red fog

Just to clear things up, I had only noticed a red "glow" at nights, no fog.

Didn't want to confuse the OP

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Just to clear things up, I had only noticed a red "glow" at nights, no fog.

Didn't want to confuse the OP

The confusion was implemented during the actual annotation.

..For obvious reasons

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
In San Francisco and it's foggy here. I would be concerned if it wasn't.
I agree with the previous poster who loves the fog. It's a useful affection in this part of the world. I find it quite romantic and it puts me in a deeply relaxed, indoorsy, coffee-sipping mood.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
A week ago or so up here in Minnesota, before the snow storm, it was really foggy. Could hardly see when I drove home from my buddies house. Less then half mile visability.

-SAP-

I guess it is all relative to what you are used to. Where i am, thick fog means you literally cannot see the front of your car - makes for interesting driving!

But if you aren't used to much fog, then i guess a half mile visibility is pretty thick. Weird how we adapt to different stuff in different areas isn't it? I wouldn't have a clue if i saw several feet of snow but give me fog so thick you can only see a couple of metres (max) and i am as happy as a pig in muck.

I agree. Granted we get fog up here. But not this time of year (with the snow and all) and even in the summer it isn't frequent. People do adapt to their surrondings one great thing about the "human race" we have amazing ability to adapt to what is around us.

Star by the way.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GreeneLight

The east coast has experienced a lot of fog the past few mornings. Seems we are hearing from the right coast on this. It has also been constantly cloudy with only a few small patches of blue sky in the past few days. Normal late fall weather.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JDmOKI

You will be trading them in for longjohns tonight. Temps are falling quickly here in Va and I think they will dive in the mountains tonight too.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I knew there was a reason Stephen King wrote that awful novel. Now I just need a supermarket to hole up in and no road trips for me!!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

And yet you dont really have the guts to say what you really think is going on because you know you will be flamed for it. Get a back bone. If you believe its man made say so. But be prepared to back it up with rock solid proof. Late fall weather usually does include a lot of morning or evening fog. You need the cold and the wet air to produce fog.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sparrowstail

Fog has more to do with cold and wet than warm and wet. The temps during the day have been higher than normal so when the temps fall at night it can result in fog. Cold overnight temps create foggy mornings if there is enough moisture in the air.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you very much. Just wish it belonged to me lol

I live in Chesapeake beach so fog is not abnormal but the temp this time of year is. We have had warm days in December before but it's not an annual thing.

This winter seems to be like the last but a bit warmer. It's nice and all but I am hoping that we at least get 2 weeks with snow so I can take my little girl sledding. If not, then I guess swimming is the next best thing lol

Chesapeake Beach? Are you on the bay? I live on the bay too and fog is pretty normal. It is not winter yet so still too early to compare weather to last winter. Winter starts of all days on the 21st ! The temps seem pretty normal or maybe even a bit colder than normal. Often we dont need coats on Christmas here in Va and a few years back we had the A/C on while we ate Thanksgiving dinner because it was so unbelieveably hot out! Then some years we get a dusting of snow on the ground before Christmas though that is very very rare. Matter of fact snow is an occasion here. To me it seems normal for Virginia which is to say not normal at all. But weather here never is anyway. We get 85 degree days in February and then two weeks later we're shoveling snow. Wear no coat on Christmas but bundle up with boots and mittens for easter. Its crazy.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

You really want to make this fog to be about 2012 dont you? Explain how and why ?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join