It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else see this Fog?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GreeneLight

Hi Greenlight,

Foggy nights the past couple of weeks here in the West San Fernando Valley (Los Angeles County). Pretty dense, and my theory is the warm days (low to mid 70s) and cold nights (low 40s) coupled with a bit of rain here and there. It's not foggy right now but was very foggy Saturday night, early Sunday morning.

I don't think it's extraordinary, but not the norm either.

Best,
yesterdaysreality

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

The front on the east coast is causing the fog

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ShotGunRum

Interesting it shows a warm front in Minneapolis but it's like 2 degrees F right now, so it is pretty chilly. Def not a warm front, unless it is going to pop up later in the day.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Look at this dense fog.

Foggy conditions were reported from the coast inland to West Sacramento early Monday. Around Stockton,drivers reported patchy fog along Interstate 5 and Highway 99.
South of Modesto, the California Highway Patrol reported dense fog during the overnight hours.

Read more: www.kcra.com...

-SAP-
edit on 11-12-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I guess the warmer air is behind it

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ShotGunRum

That looks more like it.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by htapath
A native friend of mine's grandfather used to tell him about a mystic fog that would roll in and signal the end of the age. He said it would make people crazy and there would be wide spread chaos as a result. According to him, only those with a kind and good heart would be unaffected.

This is probably totally unrelated but I thought I should pass this along.

Ok, I had to quote this reply in order to give you mine!

If anyone has read any of my recent responses to "12/21/12, type threads then you know some very unusual things/events have been taking place in my life. The most significant is that of my 14 year old son! He has been getting himself in a lot of trouble over the past year; running away for days, skipping school, smoking lots of ganja, drinking and just all around beyond disrespectful. Usually he has these periods of "escalation" where he seems to spew anger and hatred, mostly directed at me but also towards other adult authority figures. He is now on probabtion and was given 10 days out of school suspension this past Thursday. Now when he has these periods of "escalation" he will seclude himself, play video games or watch a movie or even take a walk and then he'll "come down" and be rational and apologetic!

It never lasts more than a day, however after his suspension on Thursday he escalated and by Saturday afternoon I made the decision to take him to the ER for a psychological evaluation. This would NEVER be my response as I am not a huge fan of "Western Medicine", but I honestly was fearful for his safety and mine, it was such extremely unusual behavior! Long story short, within 5 minutes of talking to him the on duty psychologist reccomended at least 3 days in~patient hospitalization
!!

An ambulance showed up to take him to a Mental Health Facility in Philadelphia (we don't have any adolocent facilities near us here in Lancaster County, PA). The ambulance left with him while I let my car warm up and I was left alone with only an address to put in my phone's gps! I started driving and noticed it was pretty damn foggy, then I got on the highway towards the turnpike and it turned into a nightmare level of fog! I seriously could NOT see anything except the white lines a few feet in front of me!! Talk about frightening, I was terrified, not knowing if the road was going to bend or if there was a car just stopped in front of me! I couldn't read any of the exit signs and I had no idea where I was. I would go 40 mph waiting for it to clear and when it would, I'm speed up to 80 to make up for lost time.

It has been extremely foggy for about a week now in my area and as another poster said, the sky has been a dull, dark gray during the day, the fog never completely burning off! I didn't have reason to drive in it at night untill the other night and I know I was already emotionally raw given the situation, but it really was like a waking nightmare! I quoted the above response because I believe on some level that the dreary, foggyy weather played a significant part in my son's emotional and mental state! I have noticed in the past week or two that people around here have become very short tempered, and much more easily frustrated! This could be because of the Holiday seasonand/or the looming "Fiscal Cliff" that would be an acceptable explaination, but honestly, it could be something else all together......

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
You guys are all really lucky,is how i feel :-) i ADORE really thick foggy days,so gothic and deliciously eerie,specially during the day.What a treat.Well,my family calls me The Dungeonkeeper :-D i dont allow anything brighter than a 60wt bulb,and in the evening its usually candlelight.If it wasnt for my cell needing to charge so i can keep a bead on the daily global goings-on,and my son could play pc games,i wouldnt even Have electricity.But im in Africa,fog is usually as unlikely as the chances of me befriending Hilary Clinton,so all i can say is-ENJOY..you lucky duckies:-/

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by GreeneLight

I live in Pennsylvania, it's been foggy since last week some time. It's been getting very bad.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
A week ago or so up here in Minnesota, before the snow storm, it was really foggy. Could hardly see when I drove home from my buddies house. Less then half mile visability.

-SAP-

I guess it is all relative to what you are used to. Where i am, thick fog means you literally cannot see the front of your car - makes for interesting driving!

But if you aren't used to much fog, then i guess a half mile visibility is pretty thick. Weird how we adapt to different stuff in different areas isn't it? I wouldn't have a clue if i saw several feet of snow but give me fog so thick you can only see a couple of metres (max) and i am as happy as a pig in muck.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I live on the Southeastern coast, and of course, it's been very foggy here since maybe last Friday possibly Thursday. I had no idea that it was foggy all up and down the coast no matter what the surface/water temp was.

Is it this way all down the South American coastline as well?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I replied before I read page 2. Howdy neighbor!
Tis very foggy and warm here lately, eh what?
And it hangs around pretty much all day.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
There is a very thick fog a few Hrs north of Sacramento now.

s18.postimage.org...

postimage.org...
edit on 11-12-2012 by SimpleKnowledge because: edit

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It's been oddly foggy and warm here in Orlando for the past few days....and the weather has just been really strange in general. I watched a lightning storm about a month ago during which for about 20 or 30 minutes consistently I was seeing horizontal lightning bolts. I've never seen anything like it. These strike were traveling like perfectly parallel to the horizon and striking from right to left. All the strikes seemed to be in the same spot in the sky as well.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
actually, yesterday as i looked out my kitchen window i could not see the blinking lights of three towers the fog was so thick! i'm in n.e. georgia!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
We gave Fog here too!!!! OMG! IT IS SPREADING! Wait...maybe it is just winter?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Oh my god.

It's foggy in Sydney, Australia as well.

WE DIDN'T LISTEN!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by htapath
A native friend of mine's grandfather used to tell him about a mystic fog that would roll in and signal the end of the age. He said it would make people crazy and there would be wide spread chaos as a result. According to him, only those with a kind and good heart would be unaffected.

Our thoughts exactly.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I would not be surprised about fog in certain places in higher elevation as a 'normal' quality, but the fact that this thread got so many responses from around the country is..interesting.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakeDMUND
It's been oddly foggy and warm here in Orlando for the past few days....and the weather has just been really strange in general. I watched a lightning storm about a month ago during which for about 20 or 30 minutes consistently I was seeing horizontal lightning bolts. I've never seen anything like it. These strike were traveling like perfectly parallel to the horizon and striking from right to left. All the strikes seemed to be in the same spot in the sky as well.

I wouldn't even know what to call something like that. Do you know from which cardinal direction you were looking in? How high in the sky were these bolts?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by htapath

I must have a kind good heart then. =D

It's clear today in Pennsylvania, but yesterday and pretty much all weekend there were thick fogs during the day or at least in the morning and evening. I had to drive to my grandmother's on Saturday morning and couldn't see the road I needed to turn off onto so I had to keep slowing down and signalling and then... Oh, oops! False alarm everybody!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join