It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else see this Fog?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I live somewhere in New England, in Massachusetts. I was wondering if anyone has been seeing/experienceing an immense amount of "fog" in the past week or so. Lately, it is almost as if it is just 24hr fog.

We would not take 'offense' to your 'theories' so please, share.

Namaste.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Here in MD and have been engulfed in thick fog for the past 3 days. Will get a pic or two up shortly. I think it's just because at night the temp gets to the upper 30s lower 40s and then the days have been getting up to the high to mid 60s.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
We had a good amount of fog down here the other day where I live in Texas.

edit on 10-12-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by GreeneLight

I live in the Appalachian mountains and I've noticed a reddish kinda fog at night. Its kinda eerie and i've noticed it the past couple nights. Its also really warm here. I wore shorts and T-shirt yesterday and I'm 3000 ft up....no idea

link   
A week ago or so up here in Minnesota, before the snow storm, it was really foggy. Could hardly see when I drove home from my buddies house. Less then half mile visability.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yes, same here in south jersey, for about a week now. Think it's weather related?? It's been springlike here the past few days.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Here are a couple of pics from my neighborhood.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Central florida's quite foggy the last 4 or 5 nights at least too. The Dementors are mating!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Foggy in Nj for the past few days maybe closer to a week.
Edit: was going to mention this but figured it was nothing but it seems to be foggy all over. This is fogging crazy.
edit on 10-12-2012 by Chinvenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by GreeneLight

I live in the Appalachian mountains and I've noticed a reddish kinda fog at night. Its kinda eerie and i've noticed it the past couple nights. Its also really warm here. I wore shorts and T-shirt yesterday and I'm 3000 ft up....no idea

Dense fog with on and off drizzle up here for 3 days now. It's pretty normal weather for my high elevation....I'm right on the Ga, Tn, NC border.....

Des

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Fancy Gap heading into NC was really foggy tonight when I came down it. You could barely see a truck length ahead of us is was so thick in the middle. Thinned out a lot towards the bottom though.

link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

Erm......Yep.

Fog normally is weather related!

link   
This is very interesting. I never expected people from Texas/Minnesota.

Do 'I' think it is weather related?..well, that depends on what your view on "weather" is. Is this "weather" what we are seeing?..or is it what we are told to see.

Do I think this is the Earth's natural response to the changing of seasons..?

No.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light

Cool...your second one could have been taken down by my pond...pretty home you have....

Des

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chinvenzo
Foggy in Nj for the past few days maybe closer to a week.
Edit: was going to mention this but figured it was nothing but it seems to be foggy all over. This is fogging crazy.
edit on 10-12-2012 by Chinvenzo because: (no reason given)

Our thoughts exactly, but I decided to just make the thread.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I would venture a guess that the fog is more prevalent with the new warming climate trends. A high pressure cold front followed by an unusually mild warm low pressure system. I think it comes from temperature changes from barometric pressure rising and falling. A science person could prolly give a better explanation. It seems we get the fog when we get milder weather throughout the winter where sharp drops in temps are now common.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
On Sat 1 Dec I was driving I experienced thick clouds starting to move in...they were higher
& then began to slowly either drop or continue to form & increase in thickness across the area.
At first I thought someone was burning off land or a brush pile but there was no smell of smoke.
I had stopped at a market in Marshall & 2 other people were talking about it & I told them I was
just encountering the smoke like fog from 10 miles south & they thought it was strange.

Well the fog continued for at least 2 more days. I have not experienced (that I remember) during
the day with out any rain or heavy moisture as it seems to go away (burn off) after late morning.

So I don't know if that helps you or not...I found it interesting that there is also a thread regarding
the subject.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
Wait a second, you live in NEWENGLAND but you're asking people about FOG?

My good sir, you need to brush up on your geography.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
New York here. Intense fog past few days. Never seen fog like this back to back. Maybe once in a blue moon but never every night.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join