It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Christmas for 2012 believers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I'm curious, for those that honestly believe the world is ending on Dec. 21, did you decorate for the holidays? Did you buy presents for others? Partake in any holiday parties?

I can't imaging someone telling their kids there will be no Christmas this year because they believe the world will be ending, Seeing those sad childrens faces on the 25th...when the world DOESN'T end...would be unbearable.

Just curious if any die hard believers did any holiday shopping/decorating...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
One good side in this scene... at least the kids would know soon that their parents are not all knowing beings... and take with grain of salt anything outrageous they say later

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Is there actually anyone who thinks it will end on the 21st? Because I have not actually seen anyone say they believe it.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'll be surprise if anyone who believes in 2012 actually HAD children! but I digress.

Anyway you could just celebrate it early. I know some people who do cause they're extremely busy even during the holidays...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
Is there actually anyone who thinks it will end on the 21st? Because I have not actually seen anyone say they believe it.

A lot the posts I've seen are from skeptics constantly talking about 2012 and the end of the world. The rest are from people sitting on the fence or people simply speculating what might happen for the fun of it, even if some of them don't believe anything will happen.

When the 22nd comes, expect a lot of "I told you so" threads from people looking for a ego boost.

edit on 10-12-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out if the doom people are opening gifts on the 20th?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Better to be safe, than sorry.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If you don't believe in something, there is no need to make of fun of other people who do.
I'm not saying I personally believe the world will end, but still, many people does...

We are all humans, but can we be people sometimes?
edit on 10-12-2012 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
i neither believe nor disbelieve the 21-12-2012 doom stuff. and my christmas tree is up.

if it happens, there's nothing i can do about it.
if it doesn't happen, we get on with 2013.

what will be will be, or, as James Brown once sang. "it is what it is"

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

A lot the posts I've seen are from skeptics constantly talking about 2012 and the end of the world. The rest are from people sitting on the fence or people simply speculating what might happen for the fun of it, even if some of them don't believe anything will happen.

When the 22nd comes, expect a lot of "I told you so" threads from people looking for a ego boost.

edit on 10-12-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

There's ALWAYS someone posting about 12/21/2012 on ATS .. you can't come on here and not see someone posting about it .. there's a lot of people who believe it, especially beyond this forum ..there's been at least one suicide that I know of because of all the fear mongering.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Obviously there are loads of threads and posts about it on here, but I have yet to see anyone say they think the world is ending. It's only threads like this one or ones from new agers talking about ascension and "waking up". Where are all these people who state they actually think its the end?

People post about these doomsdayers constantly, like there are hundreds of them on here. I don't actually think any of them really exist. The only ones I have seen are on doomsday peppers, and thats TV- meaning that half of its scripted and is just bullsh!t.
edit on 10-12-2012 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

reply to post by miniatus

Obviously there are loads of posts about it on here, bit I have yet to see anyone say they think the world is ending. It's only threads like this one or ones from new agers talking about ascension and enlightenment. Where r these people who state they actually think its the end?

They're all hiding, due to realising just how stupid the whole idea is.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Alot of people who did believed that a huge event was going to happen have either changed their tune that it's now going to be unnoticeable or they just quit posting about 2012 in general . I have seen a few thread's recently where the op is saying that people are going to ascend and another thread where the op was talking about 1623 aliens and jesus is comming to earth haha so there are a few believers left.
edit on 10-12-2012 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
for me, im not sure if i believe it or not so for now my tree is up and the decorations hung but i wont buy any presents till the 22 lol
but then again ive always been a last minute shopper

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

Tree up, lights up, holiday party planned for 12-21-2012.

The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
According to my sources ( a 40 year old book) it's not the end ,it's the date when the sky gods return
So Jesus aka the sky god/alien ,may be here in time for his own holiday.
Santa is in for some serious ass whipping

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Personally, I'll be in Hawaii on the 21st, but back home by Christmas. Tree is up and house decorated.

However, I do work with a person that actually has a bunker set up just in case, which he has been stocking for the past couple of months at least. Not sure if he decorated or not.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I told my kids that this will be the best's christmas ever and that they will get tons of presents and everything they always wanted....poor bastards

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I had a Vision, or a dream, whatever you want to call it, of making sweet love to my mother in law beneath the Christmas tree on Christmas morning. I am counting that as proof that nothing bad will happen on Dec 21st.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So the poor brainwahed children have to go thru the terror of their parents being wrong about 2012 either happening or not happening.

Then they wake up to the same old boring life on the 22nd and have to listen to their parents tell them that Santa is really coming afterall...

Then when the kids find out THAT story is a fallacy, they are then hit with the birth of Jesus story on the 25th.

No wonder this species is so messed up...

Do it for the children....lol

oxi

new topics

top topics

join