It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouija and physical proximity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I haven't had a huge breadth of paranormal experiences in my life, I've outlined all the others I've had in the span of probably 3 threads but saved this one for last for a few reasons. The biggest reason of course is because I still somewhat regret my actions to this day, as well as my experience can be completely dismissed if one wants to because it relies on other peoples experiences in conjunction with my own. So given that preface, I give you my story, what I know of it at least and the memories that have haunted me for 15 years.

As a teenage boy I had a few troubled female friends, a group of 3 actually, one being my neighbor and 2 others who lived across town and went to a different high school. My neighbor introduced me to the other two and while I never became involved romantically with any of them I did spent an exorbitant amount of time either with them individually or talking with them on the phone. I would listen to their problems, give them advice about us guys, we went and did normal teenage things as well, parties, movies, sneaking out late at night etc. Basically they were my best friends and I trusted them all very much.

All three girls had their troubles as I stated, they all did things that I refused to do, things teenagers do that I really don't need to get into but are illegal in most states, etc. The two who lived across town though had a few other troubles that weren't as typical, at least not in my experiences. Both practiced automatic writing, they were right handed but did automatic writing with thier left hands. I had no experience with the paranormal at this time and both told me about this at different times and places so I don't think they were trying to set up the events to come, but I can never be 100% sure they didn't.

It all began one night, a night that was fairly typical for me, I was on the phone with one of the girls "Tiffany" and we were just discussing school and family life and whatnot. She told me that something strange happened to her today on the bus home. She had been autowriting and instead of words or scribbles she made a Ouija board. She said she tried using it but the letters came too fast and she was alone at home and needed me to write down the letters as her pen went to them. I agreed to help and we started what seemed like a harmless game to me at the time. I ended up writing three pages of letters, streamed continuously over about an hour and then it just stopped. It was late by the time she was done and so we said goodnight to each other and went to bed.

The next day in school I set out to try and decipher the letters and see if I could figure out any patterns. I found random words mixed in with sets of 3 letters. I slowly began to realize that the sets of three letters were like identifications, and I wrote out for each set each letter and came up with some gibberish and two ids that had cohesive messages. The first was SAD who gave some messages which after the years I have come to believe were for me and are the reason this story is still in my mind after all these years. The other was PAO and those messages were decidedly more aggressive and kinda scary actually.

I was quite excited by this and was quite eager to call Tiffany after school and discuss what I had figured out. That night we discussed the previous night and my translations and decided to try again but have her try to speak with SAD only and ask some questions. It took longer this time to start but once it did it really took off. She read off the letters and I wrote them down, but she kept getting interrupted by her dog and was getting frustrated with that. It was starting to get late and I was getting tired, but after we had finished she didn't want to let me go. She wanted me to translate right away and tell her what was said. I stated to do so but only got about half way through when things started to get really weird. Her dog would not stop barking and she kept having to take him out but he would just run right back in the house and she was getting really pissed. All of a sudden as she was yelling at the dog she started to cry, I asked her if everything was ok and she said she didn't know but was seeing things and needed to go to bed. I was confused but figured she was tired and agreed to let her sleep. I couldn't sleep though so I decided to translate the rest of the text from that night. When I did I started getting chills and had one of the worst feelings in the bottom of my stomach I have ever had.

The plan to talk to SAD had worked from what I could tell, there were answers to the questions she had asked out loud. There was also text from PAO and these were the disturbing part. They were threats, threats of violence both physical and sexual and they disturbed me so badly I felt I had to call Tiffany and let her know. I tried calling get repeatedly but there was no answer, I got really worried and tried to think of what to do. The only thing I could think of was to call her other friend who also did the autowriting and see if she had any ideas.

So I called "Jade" and explained the whole situation, she said she would try to autowrite and find out any info about PAO that she could. She started asking questions out loud and was getting frustrated by the lack of response, but that didn't last long. Soon she started writing, but it wasn't words but numbers over and over again. She started to freak out and cry a little, I asked what was wrong but she said she needed to check the calendar. She put down the pen and that's when she screamed. All I heard was very loud, indecipherable music and her screams at first. What she told me afterwards was that when she put the pen down, the red ink leaked out of it and covered half the page. At the same time the lights in her room went out and the cassette tape in her stereo started playing backwards, by itself. The reason she was crying was because the numbers she got were two dates, one was Tiffany's birthday, the other was a date about 3 months in the future. Jade was extremely shaken up after this and I doubt that either of us got any sleep that night.

The next day at school I decided to try and do some research on Ouija and ended up printing some materials from the library, one of which had a picture of a Ouija on it. I planned to call Tiffany after school again but couldn't get ahold of her and was starting to worry when there was a knock on the door. She had come to my house and was very happy to see me. She told me she didn't sleep all night and Jade told her what had happened with her. She was freaked out and asked for help so I called my friend "Bryan" and explained the situation. He came over to my house and we discussed what to do. He had an friend who was experienced in the occult so we three decided to go to his friends house and see if there was anything to worry about with these threats and if so what we could do about them. We walked out my house and everything seemed fine until Tiffany tried to leave my yard. Bryan and I were waking just fine but as soon as Tiffany tried to walk onto the road she froze. She could not move and Bryan and I could not move her. We started freaking out until I remembered the pages I printed out at school. They were still in my pocket and I hadn't shown them yet, but the picture of the Ouija board was in contact with me and that was the only thing I could think of....

Continued in post below

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Very interesting. Looking forward to the rest. Glad I didn't fall victim to the ouija board peer pressure a few years ago

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I pulled the papers out of my pocket and threw them on the ground but that did nothing. I figured I had to destroy them and since they were both smokers I asked Bryan for a lighter. I burned all the papers I had and as they were burning to ash Tiffany fell to the ground. She was able to move again and after we stomped on the ashes she dumped her soda on then for good measure. We then made our way to Bryan's friend's house to hopefully get some answers.

We described in detail what happened to his friend "Norm" and were of course lectured on the dangers of what we had been playing with. We decided that the second date given to Jade was the important variable here and Bryan and I decided we would spend that day with Tiffany and protect her in any way we could. Things calmed down after that, Tiffany stopped auto writing and everything started getting back to normal. As the date approached we started making plans, but those plans for a quiet night were not to be.

The day started out quiet enough, just the three of us sitting around watching movies. Then a knock on the door, a few friends of ours stopped by and insisted we all had to come out to a party. We tried to refuse but that just wasn't happening and soon we found ourselves in an old house in the country, in the middle of renovations with plenty of liquor and other distractions. The people that were there we knew well, they were friends from school and their siblings, so we still felt safe, yet there was still an uneasy feeling to me at least. We were quite surprised to meet a new friend that night, the only person we didn't know there and something that felt too much like coincidence to be dismissed. He came as a friend of a friend, his name was Paul and he was friendly, outgoing, charming and Tiffany was quite attracted to him. She started spending time with him and Bryan and I discussed the situation. Something just felt wrong and since we were supposed to be protecting her we needed to find out more about him. We went over by them but he didn't seem to interested in speaking with us, so we decided to find out more about him from the friend he came with. We found out he was a coworker of the friend, she didn't know a whole lot about him aside from he was looking for a good time tonight and his last name was O'Neill. That's when it hit me, PAO, Paul O'Neill, it couldn't be a coincidence, and Bryan and I had to do something. We went to go find them but couldn't, we asked friends where they went but no one knew. We split up and went outside, luckily finding them before things had progressed to any substantial level. We had to drag her away, saying we needed to get more drinks and food. We left the party and tried explaining what we thought and by the time we returned he had left. None of us ever heard from him or of him again, but we still all talk about those experiences when we get together.

Something I've never told them though is about the messages from SAD, they were messages about marriage, kids, family and love. My wife's mother died when she was 8 years old, her initials were S.A.D. And every message that was relayed has so far come true. Tiffany didn't meet my wife till almost 2 years after these events and would have never known the things in the messages because even my wife didn't know till many years later. I like to think that her mother is watching over her and gave me those messages to let me know she is there.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
As to the title of the thread, given my experience, I've always wondered about Ouija and having to physically be there. I did all this over the phone but was I still connected spiritually to the act? I don't know but it still kinda scares me to this day, now knowing what I know.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Very weird story. I never wanted anything to do with ouija boards though I find stuff like this very interesting. I hope this keeps some people off of them lol. Good story though.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by shortchop79

Very interesting story op.

From what I understand ouiji boards can open a door to another dimension and allow entities to enter our dimension. This can lead to hauntings as well as possesion. Messing around with anything occult can be dangerous. There is so much more to this universe than we can see or even dream of.

Perhaps you were really lucky that someone was looking out for you and Tiffany as well. You apparently were warned and you heeded that warning.

Some of us do really stupid things when we are young and foolish. Hopefully we learn from our mistakes.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

WOW! So you told your wife all this? What's she think?

~~CREEPY~~

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine

~~CREEPY~~

She has always liked the idea that her mom is looking out for her but she's never tried to contact her through any means. The rest of it I've glossed over but she doesn't like Ouija boards and didn't want to hear about it much. Perhaps there is more to it but if there is she's not ready to tell her story.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Me and a bunch of mates got into doing the ouija board over 6 months or so when I was 16.

We'd meet up a couple nights after school cos we were into Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying n one time we tried it out.

Bargain basement board.A sheet of A4,write out the letters n numbers out n cut them all out seperately.A Yes and No.We laid them out on a glass top table.

What to use for the planchette ??

It was meant to be a drinking glass but on a glass top table,nah.We used a 2p coin instead.

4 fingertips trying to touch it but not push it.

Is there any body there ??

Hushed silence,leyes darting about,nothing happens.

Is there any body there ??

Still nothing n now the tension/anticipation is giving way to some mocking comments and the usual smartarse remarks.

Quiet !!!

Is there anybody there ??

The inquiry was a little more pointed.

The coin began to move which after a while and we got our first hit.

Well,that got it started.After the first time it got someone almost straight away.

We did it in three different places and regularly got a teenage girl who talk away sometimes up to 10 mins or after a couple mins she'd spell out evil approaching then go round in circles.

It'd come out with the odd weird freaky thing that later seemed to come true but we were 16 n inevitably one of us would ask whats the best way into her pants,then it got dirty and the board got sick in return

sometimes it got nasty,saying it'd kill somebody,,when it worked well it was fast,call you c*nt.etc.

Nothing obviously serious happened,just weird things.and we moved on to other things.drinking etc.

we all tried in worked with 2 upto 5,one person never worked.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by shortchop79

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine

~~CREEPY~~

She has always liked the idea that her mom is looking out for her but she's never tried to contact her through any means. The rest of it I've glossed over but she doesn't like Ouija boards and didn't want to hear about it much. Perhaps there is more to it but if there is she's not ready to tell her story.

So what do you think of this Paul O'Neill? Was he a rapist, serial killer, what? Have you ever scoured mugshots or crime reports to see if he later became involved in something criminal?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I never really thought about looking him up, this happened over 15 years ago and at the time I didn't have a computer or internet. Looking through local sex offender registries I couldn't find anyone by that name, same for courts records search aside from a restraining order from 2000. I did find a child rapist by the same name in Scotland on Google but I highly doubt they are the same person. I can't remember his face, if that makes sense, I remember he had black Jeans and a black silk shirt, dark hair that was short but had mousse our gel cause it looked wet. It's like the memory of him is slippery if that makes sense, I know I didn't like him before I made the name connection.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I personally don't believe in Ouija boards or that Hasbro can mass-produce spiritual gateways. I have messed with them on numerous occasions and nothing at all happened. I have always agreed with blindfolding the participants and then seeing the results.

HOWEVER, I am an open minded person and if incidents like this actually do occur, I would really like to experience it. It may scare the living crap out of me, but it is an experience I would love to have anyway. Heck, I've never even heard or seen anything ghostly or whatnot and I've been seeking that stuff out for a very long time.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mymymy
I personally don't believe in Ouija boards or that Hasbro can mass-produce spiritual gateways. I have messed with them on numerous occasions and nothing at all happened. I have always agreed with blindfolding the participants and then seeing the results.

HOWEVER, I am an open minded person and if incidents like this actually do occur, I would really like to experience it. It may scare the living crap out of me, but it is an experience I would love to have anyway. Heck, I've never even heard or seen anything ghostly or whatnot and I've been seeking that stuff out for a very long time.

I've never really looked at it as Hasbro making gateways, anymore than Dewalt builds homes or Hoyt feeds families. They make tools that have been around for ages, people with skill are able to use these tools to create something that others can't. Not everyone can hit a bullseye, not everyone can build a home and unfortunately not everyone can experience paranormal connections. I think focus on the tool used may take away from the abilities some innately have and may not even know about. Bows and saws have been around for thousands of years and have been slowly perfected by their practitioners, it makes me wonder where the original design for the Ouija came from, but I'm not sure that's an avenue I even want to explore at the moment.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mymymy

I'd happily give you some of my former experiences with the "Dark Side" -- they're not fun to have. I don't think it's the boards themselves that do it; the person asking for contact is like a conduit. I did the same thing once, made my own "board" from a piece of paper and wrote the letters of the alphabet, yes and no, on it. Whether you have an experience or not may depend on how sensitive you are; some people are naturally more so than others.

I can never believe it when people virtually salivate to have experiences like that. They're not like watching a scary movie, you know -- it's REAL, and bad stuff CAN happen to you. This stuff usually doesn't come with a bag of popcorn, a soda, and a cushy couch to lounge on.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie
I can never believe it when people virtually salivate to have experiences like that. They're not like watching a scary movie, you know -- it's REAL, and bad stuff CAN happen to you. This stuff usually doesn't come with a bag of popcorn, a soda, and a cushy couch to lounge on.

This has always puzzled me too, when things get "too real" you can't just turn the TV off or just pretend that it was a dream. Reminds me of a saying I used to use a long time ago, "knowledge without wisdom is ignorance" I don't know where it came from but I'm sure if you've ever regretted seeking out particular knowledge you will understand what I mean by it.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

The reason I "salivate" over having these experiences is because #1, I have never had anything like this happen, and #2, it can't be all that horrifying if every single person who has had a bad experience can safely go somewhere and relate these experiences to the world. In short, while I do believe in keeping an open mind, I just do not believe anything like this has ever happened, especially in this day and age when people record everything. When people used to just say the piece moved and said some horrible stuff I believed, but then people have to "one-up" others ( and I am not talking about anyone in particular ) and claim demons attacked them or whatnot, then it shifts from the border of believability to the ridiculous.

I will say it again for the record, have someone film a Ouija session and have the participants blindfolded and let's see the results then.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I will say it again for the record, have someone film a Ouija session and have the participants blindfolded and let's see the results then.
reply to post by mymymy

I'm confused I guess as to why this would be proof of anything. Failure of this feat would I suppose prove that an outside force wasn't making the pointer move completely on its own. My interpretation of Ouija though is that the participants are channeling or having their actions influenced by an outside source. When the participants open themselves up to whatever outside forces may be influencing them I assume they share all their senses. Unless the outside force can already "see" inanimate objects without the "medium" blindfolding would be akin to among someone to play a video game with the TV/monitor turned off.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
First, thank you so much for posting this. Excellent and fascinating story!!

To be honest, my first gut instinct response to the story was that these girls were just messing with you. Doing it over the phone allowed them to write out the "messages" ahead of time. If you had seen it in person, it would be more believable. I even thought they had the two guy friends in cahoots too. Messing with this guy they hung out with that was more straight-edge (from the sounds of it) - typical teenager BS stuff.

BUT... when you mention that SAD was the initials of your (the future) wife's mother who died when she was eight and she made accurate predictions about your future... well, that's when my smug assumptions went out the window! Just what, exactly, they were channeling isn't clear - but if there were specific predictions that have come true, then there is obviously much more going on here than just some immature teenagers messing with a friend.

Would you mind sharing some of the predictions that SAD made that have come true? Any that haven't been true (or maybe just haven't been true yet)? I'm very interested to know just how specific those predictions were. Were the predictions helpful to you in anyway? Have they changed the course of your life or decisions that you've made?

Thanks again for sharing! Awesome stuff!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

There were a few things that were responses to questions I asked, if I would ever get married, how many children we would have, if she would ever be unfaithful, all those have been completely accurate but obviously took many years to come true. Some of the other messages though were more abstract and just damn eerie. The onethat made me turn white was, and I remember this very well, "hidden brother, secret pain medford (the name of a town somewhat near by)". I tried to figure it out for a long time until one day my father in law called us up to tell my wife that her brother died. He was a half brother that she never knew she had, her father had cheated on her mother while she was pregnant with my wife and he was the result. This was about 3 years after we had gotten married and it really cemented into my mind, but one other that really got me had more to do with her mother.

My wifes mother died in a car accident and because she was a minor the life insurance and wrongful death settlements went into trust with scheduled structured payments at certain ages. She grew up with her grandmother who was very controlling and never told her about any money. The line from SAD was"lies hide stolen treasures from family" and it didn't really make sense to me until we got the court papers from her dad. My wife was 22 at the time, she was supposed to get checks at 18 and 21, but never got either. We called the insurance company and updated her info since they still had her grandmas address and phone on file. The insurance company then reissued the check from age 21, but couldn't do the same for the one that she got at 18. Somehow, that check had been cashed so we asked for a copy of the cashed check to be mailed instead. When we got the copy, we found that it had been cashed at the bank where my wifes sister worked, and was signed in her grandmothers handwriting. My wife was so extremely hurt by this, we went to the police and they got her the money from her grandma but didn't want to prosecute because she had had 2 strokes and was very ill. My wife was still very very upset but that was the last time she saw either of them willingly.

Those are the two that stick out in my mind atm, and to add to the secret brother part, the town mentioned in message was the town he died in. I assume that means he lived there too but I really don't know much about him other than what my father in law told us.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

As far as if these messages changed me or had an effect on my life, I really can't answer that because I have no way to know what my life would be like if this never happened. I know it has helped affirm my belief that everything happens for a reason. It helped me prepare myself for events in my life, as best I can and helps me to maintain the attitude of only worrying about things I can control. When tragedies have occurred in life I've had people mistake my calm for indifference and I'd like to think that the panic attacks and nightmares that stemmed from the PAO side where worth the piece of mind the SAD messages have given me about life in general.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join