It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rawr! Hypocrisy is abound from Obama to Psy-Anti Americanism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Psy's Anti-American Song: Video Of 'Gangnam Style' Singer's Controversial Performance Surfaces (VIDEO)

A partial video of singer Psy's controversial anti-American performance has surfaced, showing the "Gangnam Style" superstar destroying a mock military tank during a South Korean protest concert against the United States military.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

By now unless you have been living in a cave we all know who Psy is, and he was selected to give a performance in the US after he had some choice words for the last adminsrations "warmongering".

Guess he hasn't been paying attention to the last 4 years.

Sure can judge a man by the company they keep, and who happens to be in the "cool crowd".

www.mtv.com...

Don't you just love the hypocrisy?

Ok well some will say nothing to see here move right along after all the noble peace prize winning Potus, and the award to the EU just pay no attention to the murder and mayhem going on.

On Friday, YouTube sensation Psy, otherwise known as Park Jae-Sang, made headlines when it was revealed that the "Gangnam Style" star sang lyrics from South Korean rock band N.E.X.T.'s song "Dear American," including: "Kill those f---ing Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives" and "Kill them all slowly and painfully."

Yankees eh?

Anti-American rap won't keep PSY from performing for president

South Korean sensation PSY will perform at the "Christmas in Washington" concert taping Sunday as planned despite furor over a graphic anti-American rap he delivered in 2004, TNT told NBC News on Friday. President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama are scheduled to attend the concert.

entertainment.nbcnews.com...
edit on 10-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I agree with Psy.

Especially that US Soldier that raped a captive teenage boy while his female soldier counterpart filmed it.

Plus the countless others who have committed crimes of atrocity. Not just from the US but from any militia group worldwide.

They deserve to suffer as much as those they have made suffer.

It's not Anti-americanism. It's Anti-America's foreign policy.

And I totally missed the point.

Yes, total hypocrisy on Psy's behalf. I guess money talks and makes people do a double take on their previous views.

Sorry for the somewhat personal attack. I thought this was another one of your 'The US can do no wrong threads'.
edit on 10-12-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Atrocities happen all over the globe on a daily basis and have for decades.

All over and yet the only country ever takes crap for it is the US now why is that?

Btw there were a lot of atrocities going on from the Chinese,and Russians during the Korean war.

Including rape.

Hell of a lot of rape going on in Egypt with their rape gangs since the arab spring, but pay no attention to those facts.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Ah yes those evil ole Americans again... Not that the point of the thread was more about the sense of having a foreign national come and sing at a concert the potus was going to go to. Yes war is hell and so on, but show me when any army hasn't committed atrocities during a war. Rather funny that the US military is always front and center for news and any wrongdoing is a reflection on the US military. Ever wonder why we don't see any in depth coverage of Russian troops in action?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hence why I said

Plus the countless others who have committed crimes of atrocity. Not just from the US but from any militia group worldwide.

But keep in mind it is the US who's foreign policy causes them to interfere in the first place, which draws the worldwide attention, which is why the finger is pointed at the US.

And you mention the Arab spring. In all honesty, and I'm not the only one who feels this way, I believe the Arab spring was engineered by the US in the first place to destabilize that area. Russia and China already had footholds in the area....Only the US has anything to gain from destabilizing those countries. So who's to blame for the 'rape gangs' and the 'Rebels'?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

In all honesty, and I'm not the only one who feels this way, I believe the Arab spring was engineered by the US in the first place to destabilize that area.

22 countries someone is giving the Us too much power, and credit god forbid excuse me Allah that the people were fed up all by themselves.

The Us only one who benefits?

Sorry Russia,China, and other middle eastern countries, and the FSB,VEVAK, and Chinese intelligence and those people themselves.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

I don't disagree.

But the US shouldn't be there in the first place. You know, no WMD's, falsified info, a head hunt for Saddam because he blew up the Twin Towers.

The End Game is to destabilize the area so they can destabilize Iran and Africa so they can get in and control and keep the resources while keeping China and Russia out.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Sorry not really seeing the hypocrisy from Obama here. You can make a case for it on Psy's part but that is about it.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

The fine line between ‘obedience’ and rape in North Korea

When Shin Dong-hyuk was 10 years old, he watched his mother be raped by her boss. In an attempt to fetch her for dinner, Shin approached the office where he had been told she would be. The door was locked. Through a window he saw her kneeling as she washed the floor, then saw her boss approach and grope her. Shin’s mother and the man took off their clothes, and the boy watched the rest unfold.

www.womenundersiegeproject.org...

Beatings, Rape, Torture, Atrocities Every Day

www.dailynk.com...

Yes Amerika is evil and invite the dude silent on those "atrocities".

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
Sorry not really seeing the hypocrisy from Obama here. You can make a case for it on Psy's part but that is about it.

No hypocrisy from Obama?

The guy who campaigned on ending war and waged more war than the last guy, the guy who campaigned on water boarding is evil but a missile from a drone is just A-ok!.

Ok then nope no hypocrisy there.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Wait according to wikileaks there were wmds. Why do you think there is such a concern about Syria? The public is rather out of the loop since very few actually pay attention and remember what has transpired before.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hey it's a catchy song, though I hate to admit it. Plus from your mtv link... it may have been prudent for you to have read it before making such a silly thread.

On Friday, the "Gangnam Style" star was forced to issue an apology after reports of a 2004 performance — during which he rapped lines about American troops and their families dying "slowly and painfully" — began circulating. In the statement, Psy called calling those words "inflammatory and inappropriate," and explained he was caught up in the political fervor sweeping South Korea when he performed.

"The song I was featured in — from eight years ago — was part of a deeply emotional reaction to the war in Iraq and the killing of two innocent Korean civilians that was part of the overall antiwar sentiment shared by others around the world at that time," he said "While I'm grateful for the freedom to express one's self I've learned there are limits to what language is appropriate and I'm deeply sorry for how these lyrics could be interpreted. I will forever be sorry for any pain I have caused anyone by those words."

Yes atrocities occur in every war, by any side... so do reactions and opinions about them. The specific incidents that inspired those lyrics were of a sentiment many around the world shared, including home and including serving soldiers.

Just for future reference though, 'everyone does it' is not an excuse to commit crimes against humanity and if we are going to label ourselves a beacon of freedom for the whole world, we better be goddamn sure we're up to the task.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The people were fed up.
The people protested peacefully.
The governments responded peacefully.
The US/NATO funded terrorist groups to infiltrate the protests with weapons.
The governments responded with weapons, naturally.
The US condemns those governments for use of weapons against their people so publicly fund the various 'rebel' groups.
It becomes a war.
Non-conforming government is removed. New government is installed that is more sympathetic to US/NATO interests.

That's how I figure it went down. Of course, as with Egypt, it won't always go to plan.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

The only evidence of WMD's I've seen are those the 'Rebels' are showing on video killing rabbits.

Yes, there are WMD's in Syria. Who has them is the real question!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

The people were fed up. The people protested peacefully

Peaceful eh?

Tell that to women being raped in Egypt, and those Syrians are are dying from government forces/supporters.

The US/NATO funded terrorist groups to infiltrate the protests with weapons.

Why do I see Russian hinds launching rockets are those Syrian "infiltrators" and other weapons from Russia,Iran, and other arab countries?

Why yes those governments did respond with weapons naturally.

The US condemns those governments for use of weapons against their people so publicly fund the various 'rebel' groups.

Yep they do so why no condemnation of those Eastern countries doing the same?

Yep it is a war.

Non-conforming government is removed. New government is installed that is more sympathetic to US/NATO interests.

So people want the US removed because it is "non conforming".

The middle east is a game of chess being played by a multitude of countries both east and west but anyone saying that what is currently going on because of US "foreign policy" is not being honest.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Atrocities happen all over the globe on a daily basis and have for decades.

All over and yet the only country ever takes crap for it is the US now why is that?

Btw there were a lot of atrocities going on from the Chinese,and Russians during the Korean war.

Including rape.

Hell of a lot of rape going on in Egypt with their rape gangs since the arab spring, but pay no attention to those facts.

Funny about you... You are so anti government, yet you will defend atrocities that are committed
by the same government you ramble on about.

You need to look inward and find some logic somehow.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Yeah such a "silly thread".

Translated lyrics:

Translation:
Kill those censored Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives
Kill those censored Yankees who ordered them to torture
Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law, and fathers
Kill them all slowly and painfully

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepump

Funny how that has nothing to do with the op.

No wait it isn't deflect,deflect.

If someone has something to say about Psy and Obama say it.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Thepump

Funny how that has nothing to do with the op.

No wait it isn't deflect,deflect.

If someone has something to say about Psy and Obama say it.

Frankly I don't get your point in the first place.
So

I am talking about you having such a contradictory set of positions, posting this and then
defending the actions of the government you clearly hate.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepump

Really want to talk about contradictions?

Government is so evil and yet a majority runs to them to "save them" and make life "fair" and all that rubbish.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join