How 5 Job-destroying CEO's would get the debt down

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
by reducing taxes on the wealthy of course -

In poll after poll, the American people say they are far more concerned about the jobs crisis than the “debt crisis.” A powerful coalition of CEOs says they have an answer for both problems.

Give us more tax breaks, they say, and we’ll use the money to invest and create jobs. The national economic pie will expand and Uncle Sam will get plenty of the frothy meringue without having to raise tax rates.

-blog article

Because it has so obviously worked in the last 10 years??

apparently not - other than to flood tax havens with the wealth of the filthy rich and give the GOP something to suppress!

Now I'm all for people being responsible for their own welfare as much as possible, but these days it looks like "the system" isnt' about that - it is about how the filthy rich (not the "upper middle classes") can amass more wealth than they can spend over several lifetimes in their tax havens - all at the expense of whoever gets in the way and the devil damn the hindmost (and who cares about them since they are all poor and uneducated....)!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
how about this.

government gives more citizens tax breaks and they'll use the money to invest in their companies and they in turn can create jobs.

or they buy food.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
People don't realize that corporate profits have been great the past few years.

Business profits don't equal jobs!!!!!!!

Give a million poor people $200 and within hours that money will be put back into the economy. Give a rich corp 200 million and it will take MONTHS before that money is reinvested (if it is at all). That money may even go outside the US.

The richer have never been richer - that's the current state. It didn't result in an increase in jobs. How much more do they have to get until people believe it doesn't create jobs?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

L....m..a...o.. We're going to be in this circle for quite a while folks. I'll get the milk and cookies.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

government gives more citizens tax breaks and they'll use the money to invest in their companies and they in turn can create jobs.

******NO TAX BREAKS FOR THE RICH DO NOT RESULT IN INCREASED JOBS******

This had been tried many times before and it never worked! Why do you believe this?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
how about this.

or they buy food.

you didn't bother to actually read the articles, did you?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

L....m..a...o.. We're going to be in this circle for quite a while folks. I'll get the milk and cookies.

You mean the circle jerk???
Cause that is exactly what it is.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I see that the rich are moving forward with their "keep repeating it over and over again until people believe it" plan. Nothing unusual here I see. Only difference I see is that more and more people are waking up to the smell of rotten BS and aren't believing this is true.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Taxing the rich for there last cent never worked ether. just ask the UK.
There high taxes on the rich brought about the fall of the British empire
www.zerohedge.com...

Look what it has done to a number of bands like the Beatles and the Stones
www.nationalreview.com...#

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Taxing the rich for there last cent never worked ether. just ask the UK.
There high taxes on the rich brought about the fall of the British empire

I thought it was the debt incurred from WW1 and 2 that cost it the empire....

edit on 10-12-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The rich at the very tippy top don't create jobs.

It's people like you and me that have money to spend on goods and services that create jobs.

When we spend the money we have, it creates demand. Demand kickstarts companies into creating more jobs.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Typically when my Corp makes money we are told we are having hard economic times and we might see cuts.. then they report record profits and the CEO gets a huge bonus and we get nada.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Last year the company I work for discontinued every ones vacation checks that we get once a year. Funny how our CEO just got a new house. He visited my store the other day driving a brand new SUV.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
How 5000 Job-destroying CEO's is killing USA.

www.usdebtclock.org...

www.reuters.com...

Study says most corporations pay no U.S. income taxes

So lets cut their taxes.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
People still do not make the distinction between business and economy. Sure if everybody would work for minimum wage, your profits would go up at first, you save on expenses, but as the money in the economy dries up, the economy stalls and so will your buisness, unless you sell food, people will always have to eat and foodstamps.

So to sum it up, profits were made in America, only the middle class got taxed and a lot of money ended up in savehavens offcountry. All the while the middle class gets hammered with taxes, which is still not enough to account for the profits that have been offshored and taxes hidden. We get more poor people which of course means less money to move into the economy, so it has to come from the printing press.

It is no wonder that despite Europe being on the brink of a meltdown you still have to shell out 1,30$ to buy an Euro. Can you imagine if there wasnt a debt crises in Europe? The Euro would be probably closer to 2 Dollar and even a basic German Car would cost about 70.000 Dollar in America.

QFT

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
The rich at the very tippy top don't create jobs.

It's people like you and me that have money to spend on goods and services that create jobs.

When we spend the money we have, it creates demand. Demand kickstarts companies into creating more jobs.

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

-blog article

Because it has so obviously worked in the last 10 years??

apparently not - other than to flood tax havens with the wealth of the filthy rich and give the GOP something to suppress!

I wouldnt even be mad about jobs leaving the country and money being to put elsewhere, IF those jobs were such that people whom get them have a good live, privacy in their appartment. But they have to work 12 hours and bunk on company grounds like sailors after work. And all that money that flooded offshore hasnt uplifted the recepient countries either, so that the population can become customers. It just benefits those whom offshored the money and a tiny number of people in those countries whom safekeep their assets.

edit on 11-12-2012 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slash
Last year the company I work for discontinued every ones vacation checks that we get once a year. Funny how our CEO just got a new house. He visited my store the other day driving a brand new SUV.

Mine fired 30+ people then bought some property

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I say punish the rich

Dethrone them

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
things will change as soon as less and less people will have the money to feed all those stock holders and by extension CEOs.

Of course people getting that 40 inch tv or Ipad mini despite being strapped for cash are not exactly helping.
All those people talking about going on a strike unionizing eating the rich, you know what really would shake things up? If people went on a consumption strike, that would see profit margins drop like a rock, or heck, if more people started to living within their means. Then you not having money to spend becomes the problem of the Porsche driving CEO and Papa John will sleep less easy too if people start ordering less takout food, because they say we just dont have it.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
My old boss closed his doors. Painting company here in Canada. He could no longer bid for jobs at a decent rate that payed his people. (small company of under 10) To many regulations that all cost money. To much stipulation and reg changes after the bidding was done. He had a huge job for the government for 5 years. When it came time to renew his bid....he just closed his doors. To much hassle and regulations to meet in order to keep his doors open.

The government just kept hammering him and nickle and dimeing him to death. Shorter deadlines to meet. bigger jobs for less. lots of strong arming to do things for free or cost or just not even acknowledging that the work was done.

So yah, just start a business now and see what it costs you....even a small painting company. You want government work.....good luck jumping through those endless hoops that keep coming and costing.

WHY can they not just tax everyone 10% across the board???? Once government gets into it you have endless taxes. Sales tax is the biggest endless tax on everyone. then carbon tax, e, ect.

Governments shouldn't be allowed to generate ANY money other than a 10% flat tax......That's it that's all!
If they can't live on that then they should be fired!

FIRE THE GOVERNMENT! ALL OF THEM NOW!

I know I know......not going to happen!
Just venting!

Do they really think that getting taxed less is going to help??? Whatever! What a joke these people are!
Here.....Just take it all.....Take everything you freaks of nature! You can have it all and not pay anything! While the poor get poorer and pay more tax to cover everything. Why should they pay anything??? What a joke! As if a trickle down ever happens??? They have EVERYTHING they could ever want already! So what are they going to go out and buy something thus giving the trickle down effect? Sure, they are going to go and buy a new Mercedes and a big boat that one of their buddies built for cost of 30 men at minimum wage.....yah, trickle down......How is that working out for the rest of us?

Such BULL! Getting so sick of these twisted morons!
edit on 11-12-2012 by theclutch because: added

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

Mate of mine here in New Zealand is a painter too - he also closed his doors middle of last year.

then "reopened" them within a few months (before the end of that year) and employs between about 4-8 painters and labourers as needs be.

business come and go.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join