It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheist Christopher Hitchens...Hitchslaps.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I never heard of this fella until someone mentioned his name so I have been watching some of his vids on youtube and wow I really like this dude.
He is spot on with his thoughts.

Here is a vid of his best "Hitchslaps"

Thoughts oh and least watch one vid eh?
edit on 10-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Go back and watch the video after dwelling on these three thoughts for a few moments.

1) We think and we move. Nothing else is done by us, but all other things are done for us. In other words, apart from all other processes in nature, we only do two things to produce our existence. Do you make the sun shine, the earth turn or your hair grow? Did you weave your body together by information contained in a seed? Is the acorn the tree or the tree the acorn. NEITHER. It is the WORD that made both. We think and we move. Where does this thought come from? Our Spirit is given to us as God's Spirit behind a veil. In other words, we see one direction, but not back to our reflection from where it came. We cannot see back to the source of the image.

Genesis 1:27

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

Maybe you are having a hard time seeing what I am saying. Look in a mirror and you see your image. You are aware that the image is not you. What if you could only see from the image in the mirror, but not have an idea of the one that casts the image to the mirror? God can see from both sides because HIS Spirit is the one we use to think and move. We cannot see back to him yet, but we will after the trials of life are over. Suffering produces the good things of life. Suffering is the point of life. There is a larger purpose that is producing the fruits of the Spirit: Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

2) What is law? Law is a protection from those who do not follow the law. The law is the fire that Hitchens is against. He is against God's thoughts for one reason. He is not seeing the larger picture because His belief against God reveals no hope for the world to come. The world to come is the point of the present world, but apart from this faith, there is no hope.

Galatians 3

23 Before the coming of this faith,[j] we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

It's a hope and a promise. Faith is trust that God will be faithful to us. How do we know this faith can be assured? Because we know what God stands for (love) and how he stands against the opposite of this foundation of love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. We are children of God being raised. We are THE Son of God in this world. Consider the third part that follows and connect what I just said to the verse below about the Son.

3) The foundation of any Atheist will always come back to the atrocities of the Old Testament. Consider two things. First, you must be born again. Life does not end after death. You will be baptized into the river of life again. It's a promise and we have evidence that people remember past lives. If we are all INSIDE the Son of God, then we are being raised AS the Son. We are responsible for the OT, not God. The Son is from the first Adam to the Last Adam of perfection. Christ is the first fruits of what we become when we gain the Holy Spirit. We must choose this by faith.

Second, consider this verse and the implication.

1 Colossians 1: 15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

We are all cut from one loaf of bread. Jesus is the heel. He is Adam one and the last Adam. We are the slices in the middle of the loaf. God's Spirit is our spirit. We have no ownership at all apart from our thoughts and movements in this life. We are offered more life and this is what baptism is. Baptism is our immersion (Involution) into the water so we can rise to new life (Evolution). Hitchens refused to rise. He remained stagnant. Are we slaves to the Spirit from which we come? No. We are bond servants. We are slaves to sin and death by our own choice not to rise.

Hitchens was putting Himself above God in pride.

One more thing. The verse above show us why the Old Testament is not God's error. Who is the Son being raised in the wilderness of life and the Lord of mankind? The Son of God. ALL OF US!! We condemn the Old Testament and we condemn our own actions collectively. We are He.

Hitchens was wrong.

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Hitchens refused to grow up from a child. Pride blinds. We are in God's image, not our own. Apart from Him, there is no image and no separate soul. God provides it all. We are offered eternal life if we simply allow God to raise us to the fruit of the Spirit. If not, we choose death.

Hitchens died like we will all die.

Matthew 12:31

And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

God is love. Love keeps no record of wrongs. The sin of disbelief will not be forgiven. Faith brings salvation. It's a choice. Do you have free will? If you drop an object, will it hit the ceiling? No, because law governs your will to choose. Nothing you can do can be apart from the answer from the law. If all you do is think and move, then all you can choose is to believe or not that God is the one providing the opportunity. It's the only free choice you possess. Even that choice has a consequence. It also has a gift attached if we follow the correct polarity of truth.

How can we be free from the law so that free will can be given to us apart from God's restrictions?

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Do you choose this kingdom where law is the rule, or do you choose the next world to come where freedom from law is given? Why is it given there and not here? We are children. We need to grow up first. God offers the trials so we can gain the fruit. Hitchens was stubborn, as many children will be.

edit on 10-12-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I'm gonna just let Chris answer to you cos he does it much better than I.

God did not create man in his own image. Evidently, it was quite the other way about, which is the painless explanation for the profusion of gods and religions, and the fratricide both between and among faiths, that we see all about us and that has so retarded the development of civilization.”

I agree.

Followed by

“I have been called arrogant myself in my time, and hope to earn the title again, but to claim that I am privy to the secrets of the universe and its creator - that's beyond my conceit.”

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

God did not create man in his own image. Evidently, it was quite the other way about, which is the painless explanation for the profusion of gods and religions, and the fratricide both between and among faiths, that we see all about us and that has so retarded the development of civilization.”

I agree.

Followed by

“I have been called arrogant myself in my time, and hope to earn the title again, but to claim that I am privy to the secrets of the universe and its creator - that's beyond my conceit.”

Sure. The natural conclusion would be that we created God in our own image. Apart from the future being drawn into the past for us to see, we would have no way to know that God was on both sides of the image first. That is your PROOF! Prophecy is an Evident Axiom of truth that denies the ignorance of the statement that we created God in our image. Impossible if the image could see itself first.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

You people keep spewing this nonsense. Why would a god need a nose to breathe with? Eyes to see? A mouth to speak? Arms to reach with? A penis to urinate with? If there were a god He would be without form; if He were eternal He would have to be without substance, so we couldn't be created in his image.

Side Note: I LOVE C. Hitchins. He was so brilliant.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Christopher Hitchens was a genius....a one of a kind. I've just finished reading his book, Hitch 22 and can honestly say it was up there as one of my best reads. People of fath just didn't know how to handle him. The more they tried (in vain) to argue with him, the more they were slapped down.

edit on 10-12-2012 by UKToday because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

link   

link   

Originally posted by godlover25
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

HA! I love a feisty fanatic! lol

Hitchins was the greatest!

edit on Mon Dec 10 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Careful,

I'm a biter

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

Hey I'm no Atheist but I do not like Religion because it is man made, Chris is against Religion too and does say many things that ring true.

“[R]eligion was the race's first (and worst) attempt to make sense of reality. It was the best the species could do at a time when we had no concept of physics, chemistry, biology or medicine. We did not know that we lived on a round planet, let alone that the said planet was in orbit in a minor and obscure solar system, which was also on the edge of an unimaginably vast cosmos that was exploding away from its original source of energy. We did not know that micro-organisms were so powerful and lived in our digestive systems in order to enable us to live, as well as mounting lethal attacks on us as parasites. We did not know of our close kinship with other animals. We believed that sprites, imps, demons, and djinns were hovering in the air about us. We imagined that thunder and lightning were portentous. It has taken us a long time to shrug off this heavy coat of ignorance and fear, and every time we do there are self-interested forces who want to compel us to put it back on again.”

CH Once angain I agree.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

I agree.

Followed by

Let me give you yet another axiom that can show you the truth of this matter.

Isaiah 51:6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, look at the earth beneath; the heavens will vanish like smoke, the earth will wear out like a garment and its inhabitants die like flies. But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.

Ask a simple question. Does evolution go against entropy? In other words, are you more complex now or less as a human? If you say more, then how does life go against entropy in information? We know that our bodies are wearing out and will die. Not only this, we are now aware that our DNA is degrading by our own human error. Many of the defects we are seeing in DNA are recent. This was just a news story over the last week. You can research this. We also know that the Earth is wearing out. Entropy in information states that a bit of information will degrade over time. This is why a hard drive will not last forever and you body will eventually decay and wear out. All things come from a source and flow away.

The designs in life are more complex than any technology we have ever invented. Take the single celled organism as an example. Chemiosmosis denies evolution because this is the basic staring point for the cell to derive energy. All cells start with this process and for evolution to be true, this would be going against information entropy. It is a mechanical process with a motor. No amount of logic or reason will give you a rational way around the fact that we started from a source greater than the sun and moon. We are greater in complexity and this says something very significant about our source. It's not the sun and moon.

God created man in HIS image and it is impossible to say otherwise if you are going by the laws of nature. Information entropy is a proven axiom. Life started as complex and is degrading. This shows the direction that the image takes. Evolution is a result and not a cause. We are baptized into the water of life to rise. The only way we can is if our source biomechanics allow this process to occur against entropy. The universe will wear out and so will we. How could the writer of Isaiah have known unless the image had a source that knew?

Be rational. Use logic.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKToday
Christopher Hitchens was a genius....a one of a kind. I've just finished reading his book, Hitch 22 and can honestly say it was up there as one of my best reads. People of fath just didn't know how to handle him. The more they tried (in vain) to argue with him, the more they were slapped down.

edit on 10-12-2012 by UKToday because: (no reason given)

Answer my posts or I have handled him well. He was blinded by pride. I show his error easily.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hitchens was a pompous windbag who made a living making fun of people who he disagreed with. On the rare occasion that he wasn't bullying someone and faced up to a person who wouldn't put up with his arrogance, he came off self-aggrandizing idiot.

Even atheists said his performance in this debate was embarrassing:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join