It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Government Racist Ads About Americans on American TV Removed.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
This isn't racism. How is it possible to be racist against Americans when Americans are actually a big stew of various races?

Also, I wouldn't go as far as saying "Israelis are racist" considering that there are a fair amount of white and black people who live in Israel, and of course Semites (the original Israelis).

It's being racist -- or at least bigoted -- when you're telling your nation's expatriates not to marry foreigners -- even of the same race, i.e. in this case American Jews. It is a form of hyper racial purity/bigotry.

People making a big deal out of the word "racist/racism" here are just prevaricating. If these ads were not racist, then they sure as shizzle are bigoted. Alas, the OP can't edit his thread now because the time limit is over.

And no, American is not a race, but singling out Americans as not being appropriate marriage material for Israeli Jews sure reeks of racism and/or bigotry.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrostForests

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by snapperski

LOL, I remember when these ads first came out!

I had authored a thread on the outrage from the Jews in the US over these ads.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a thread you authored a form of honestly.

ATS ought to consider giving you your own forum. Or change the boarders to your skeletons. Or something to give credit to the time you spend linking stories here in some form.
edit on 11-12-2012 by FrostForests because: (no reason given)

I didn't link the thread Einstein

Did I strike a nerve while exposing your Zionist overlords?

What did you think about the parody ad?

"Straight chillin!"

How do those Zionist boots you're licking taste?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
as if anyone would listen to their governments anyway

those days are long gone

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sitchin
as if anyone would listen to their governments anyway

those days are long gone

I wish you were right but unfortunately you are wrong. There are large amounts of people who eat up what their governments spoon feed them. Heck, even on ATS we have people who believe 19 Arabs flew those planes on 911 and that it was orchestrated by Muslims who hate them for there freedoms.

These are the same people who cannot see their freedom systematically being taken away from them.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Do you believe that Jews as a whole, not just their government, think that a Jew has extra value over a believer in some other faith?

We all know Israeli Jews are taught from birth they are the chosen race, and superior to the rest of us.(Which is not true)

Anyway i urge you to read a book called The Generals son, which explains in detail the brianwashing of Israeli children.

I did a thread on the book a while back and there a 30 min video interview with Miko Peled.
The Generals son

Or are you just being provocative as i personally think you already know all this.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Bigoted yes, racist no. More like xenophobic.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

This is kinda old news. this happened over a year ago. As an Israeli, I am not sure we are more racist than any other country with in-group/ out group problems.

and on the subject, the issues of the relationship between Israel and the Jewish diaspora are more complex and they are defiantly not racism.

That being said, that add was offensive and it was good it was taken down. but please, don't add hatred and lies when they are not due.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnWoodland

This is kinda old news. this happened over a year ago. As an Israeli, I am not sure we are more racist than any other country with in-group/ out group problems.

and on the subject, the issues of the relationship between Israel and the Jewish diaspora are more complex and they are defiantly not racism.

That being said, that add was offensive and it was good it was taken down. but please, don't add hatred and lies when they are not due.

While this response is not directed at you as a person... I am responding because you say your an Israeli.

Do you believe Israel is an apartheid nation? Why does Israel have a "Jews Only" road system? I'm unaware of any other nation on earth that has an "insert religion here road" system. Isn't Galilee and Negev considered "Jewish Only" communities? Isn't the Israeli real estate system set up in a "Jews Only" mindset? Isn't the "democracy" in Israel really a "for Jews only" system? I know Shin Bet was fighting against this but Diskin tried to uphold this policy and the AG of Israel agreed, it is in fact a democracy for Jews only.

That seems quite "slanted" to me. I can't say racist because Judaism is not a race. One sided? Yes.Israel does have Jews, Christians and Muslims alike living within its "borders". However, Israel is recognized as a Jewish state, and therefor caters to Jews, not the others.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Since when was "American" a race.

Originally posted by snapperski
Just found this story about the Israeli government who had to remove ads from showing on american TV for being racist towards Americans.

But as i know already, Israeli's are very racist and are brought up to be racist, anyway i mainly posted this thread for all you evangelicals at ATS, who blindly support Israel even though they look down on you.

As you see in one of these ads that were removed, Israeli grandparents turn there nose's up at a american kid celebrating Christmas, just one of the many things i find wrong and racist about these ads and the Israeli attitude.

DISCLAIMER: This is not a Israeli bashing thread but only intended for serious discussion, and i have search for this story on ATS and haven't found it.
edit on 10-12-2012 by snapperski because: EDITED THE TITLE.....AS IT HARD TO TITLE THIS THREAD WITHOUT UPSETTING MODS

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
So Israel was founded as a Jewish state, so what? The world has been persecuting Jews for 3000 years and they finally returned home where they didn't have to fear persecution and the arabs who own 99 per cent of the land want all. 900,000 Jews had to flee arab lands after 1948 and leave EVERYTHING they owned. Hamas says no Jews allowed in any "palestinian" country. Saudi Arabia says no Bibles. Christians are persecuted in the majority of islamic nations so Israel sounds pretty damn good in comparison. Do you think for a moment that an arab country would provide medical care to a Jew? Anyway, there are no Jewish only roads in Israel. www.camera.org... 016#update

Originally posted by DerekJR321

While this response is not directed at you as a person... I am responding because you say your an Israeli.

Do you believe Israel is an apartheid nation? Why does Israel have a "Jews Only" road system? I'm unaware of any other nation on earth that has an "insert religion here road" system. Isn't Galilee and Negev considered "Jewish Only" communities? Isn't the Israeli real estate system set up in a "Jews Only" mindset? Isn't the "democracy" in Israel really a "for Jews only" system? I know Shin Bet was fighting against this but Diskin tried to uphold this policy and the AG of Israel agreed, it is in fact a democracy for Jews only.

That seems quite "slanted" to me. I can't say racist because Judaism is not a race. One sided? Yes.Israel does have Jews, Christians and Muslims alike living within its "borders". However, Israel is recognized as a Jewish state, and therefor caters to Jews, not the others.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacific_waters
So Israel was founded as a Jewish state, so what?

So what? The discussion is if Israel is a biased nation. Specifically related to the OP's video. That is so what.

The world has been persecuting Jews for 3000 years and they finally returned home where they didn't have to fear persecution and the arabs who own 99 per cent of the land want all.

Persecuted according to whom? Jews did not "return home" to Israel. The Palestinian people lived in what is now known as Israel. It wasn't until after WW2 that the British decided to GIVE that land to the Jews (Balfour Accord). And in case you haven't looked at the map of Israel lately... it would seem it is THEY who "want all the land". They have extended the UN mandated borders of Israel on several occasions, causing hundreds of thousands of Palestinians to flee their homes.

900,000 Jews had to flee arab lands after 1948 and leave EVERYTHING they owned.

Boo hoo? In 1948 711,000 Palestinians had to flee THEIR homes (Nakba) during the Arab Israeli war as well. The numbers go both ways.

Hamas says no Jews allowed in any "palestinian" country.

If you had been kicked out of your homes, had your water poisoned, homes demolished, and farms razed, you would probably not want the offenders on your property either.

Saudi Arabia says no Bibles. Christians are persecuted in the majority of islamic nations so Israel sounds pretty damn good in comparison.

Saudi Arabia is like 99% Muslim. They always have been. It's not as if it was once a Christian nation, and then the Arabs moved in and made it Muslim. Israel mistreats even OTHER Jews, especially American ones. God forbid you speak out against Israel and you live there. You will be beaten, probably arrested and thrown in jail. And to be blunt, no one was saying Saudi Arabia was better. This is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Do you think for a moment that an arab country would provide medical care to a Jew? Anyway, there are no Jewish only roads in Israel. www.camera.org... 016#update

Do you think if they did we would even hear about it? Of course not. The Jewish owned media would censure that faster than the blink of an eye. It doesn't play into their "poor persecuted Jews" mentality. How many Palestinians have died due to lack of medical care? How much medicine has been blockaded due to the "segregation" going on over there? How many Palestinians have been prevented from crossing over into Israel to get medical treatment?

And as for the Israeli only roads... It is bad PR to admit it. Who detracted the story? The Jewish owned Washington Post. However mondoweiss.net... with some information about it.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski

But as i know already, Israeli's are very racist and are brought up to be racist, anyway i mainly posted this thread for all you evangelicals at ATS, who blindly support Israel even though they look down on you.

Yeah the ads were in poor taste and offensive but that doesn't mean all Israelis were brought up racist. I have had Israeli finds and there not racist. Blanket statements like make it hard for me to take you seriously.

Also I don't see blind support for Israel around here seems more the other way around actually. Israel has it's faults but they are not the most evil thing in the world like you guys carry on about.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

It is new news to those of us -- apparently a fairly goodly number -- who hadn't heard about this until this post.

As for whether Israel is more racist than other countries, I know of no other country that has created such commercials and aired them in a foreign country. In addition, most countries don't outlaw the marriage of some of its citizens to non citizens, in particular, Arab Israelis to Palestinians. There are also efforts by the conservative Jewish-Israeli political parties to disenfranchise the Arab Israelis by forcibly removing their representatives in the Knesset on the grounds of them being supporters of terrorists. Also don't know of any other nation that has kept an occupied people in concentration camps for 45 years -- and that is what Gaza is.

You can conveniently ignore these matters and claim Israel and Israelis behave no differently than any other nation or people, but if you start looking at the particulars, it becomes evident that this is not the case.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

seen by your avatar, you will not be easily convinced, but I will give it a try.

The Short question is no. Israel is not an apartheid state. I went to university and sat in classes with Arabs. I had muslims in elementary school with me, The Negev region has both bedouin and Jewish communities. there are Arab doctors, Arab members of parliament and Arab judges.

There are racial tensions, for sure. but I also lived in New York, and there two you had racial tensions between white Hispanic and blacks.

there is no such thing as roads for Jews only. In addition, when Israelis talk about being Jewish, it is an ethnic and cultural definition and not a religious one. that should be made clear.

another thing about Israel being the Jewish state. sure, Israel is a Jewish state. I think Jews should have a state. the right of self determination is universal. The Palestinians deserve their own state as well.
In Italy, there are crosses in schools, do you see people getting upset about it being a catholic state? the Queen of England is also the head of the Anglican church. so you see people getting upset about it being an Anglican state?

If you do not believe me, I will be happy to host you in Israel for a week and show you around.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

seen by your avatar, you will not be easily convinced, but I will give it a try.

The Short question is no. Israel is not an apartheid state. I went to university and sat in classes with Arabs. I had muslims in elementary school with me, The Negev region has both bedouin and Jewish communities. there are Arab doctors, Arab members of parliament and Arab judges.

There are racial tensions, for sure. but I also lived in New York, and there two you had racial tensions between white Hispanic and blacks.

there is no such thing as roads for Jews only. In addition, when Israelis talk about being Jewish, it is an ethnic and cultural definition and not a religious one. that should be made clear.

another thing about Israel being the Jewish state. sure, Israel is a Jewish state. I think Jews should have a state. the right of self determination is universal. The Palestinians deserve their own state as well.
In Italy, there are crosses in schools, do you see people getting upset about it being a catholic state? the Queen of England is also the head of the Anglican church. so you see people getting upset about it being an Anglican state?

If you do not believe me, I will be happy to host you in Israel for a week and show you around.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
The sooner the world can rid itself of this cancer known as Israel the sooner we all can sleep a little better.

They're like that punk kid in high school that you just couldn't wait to watch get his a$$ handed to him.

Dude, those kind of trash talk are so 1939...the cool thing to say today is about the jewdeo-masanoc conspiracy....

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
People should live where they want, as well as, integrate into the culture of their choice. I think the government of Israel knows many Jews don`t want to live in their country because it is too strict about religion. So, the government attempts to use a guilt trip to get people to live there.

Yes, it is VERY racist to say that `Americans` cannot understand Jewish people. That is backwardness of the highest order. I live in Japan and I have seen the same kind of thing out of some Japanese. The old saying `If you are not native born Japanese, you can never understand Japan.` It is a load of B.S. and used to control the population into thinking that Japan is the only place you can ever really call home because you are native born Japanese.

I have found this is common in homogenous cultures. The idea of a `homeland` seems to be very important to them. They are also usually pretty extreme about their beliefs concerning their ethic and cultural background. I have had some people say some pretty asinine things right to my face here in Japan. I have learned to humor such people because they do not understand just how racist, uneducated and backwards they really are. The same goes for native born people in Israel who think, `Only a real Jew lives in Israel.` They are backwards and should be laughed at.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join