It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Member from Atlanta

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
My name is Allen.

As a longtime troll, I figured it would be a decent idea to finally sign up.

I've had some run ins with the things that go bump-in-the-night, including an experience that, had there not been other witnesses present, I would've concluded that I had gone completely nuts. I don't delve into my personal stuff very much, but the one series of experiences fits into absolutely no paranormal "niche" whatsoever.

At any rate, I try and pride myself on being objective; while I have had encounters with the mysterious, so-to-speak, I don't buy every yarn thrown at me.

I personally have little patience for New-Agey, Kumbaya, touchy-feely, "energy work", stuff, but I'm still respectful toward people, if that's what floats one's boat.

I've been researching UFOs, Conspiracies, and the "Paranormal" for as long as I can remember. My 15 minutes of "fame" was operating as a chat host on Parascope's AOL service around 1996-1997. My handle was PSCPOrgone in the off-chance anyone were to stumble upon this. It wasn't a bad gig, and I got my Internet service covered, which was a sweet deal for a 16-year-old kid!

At any rate, UFOs are my main area of interest, because after all I've seen and been through, and researched, I don't believe any satisfactory answers have been reached, at least not publicly, anyway.

My favorite food is Mexican, or Bacon Cheeseburgers.

My favorite beverages are Coffee, Beer, and Whiskey (in no particular order).

My favorite TV shows are "Everybody Loves Raymond" and "How I met Your Mother."

I enjoy cigarettes, and long walks in the forest looking for Gigantopithecus.

I absolutely, positively, will NOT discuss my personal experiences with the Paranormal.

edit on 10-12-2012 by AllenBishop because: Grammatical Mess-ups and Typos.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Welcome...I find UFO's interesting but don't want to see one or be near one...lol Word of mouth is good enough for me...I don't need any rides...lol

I also find the paranormal interesting...again I don't need to be physically convenienced. I'll take your word for it. I just read today that theirs someone willing to pay a million dollars to anyone that could prove ghosts are real...on yahoo news...

Beware of becoming addicted to ATS and getting burned out...lol

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by relocator

Thanks for the welcome.

A million dollars, eh?

The problem with something like that is determining what constitutes "proof" to the person paying up.

I don't have any proof I can show anyone, but I have enough to convince myself that there is legitimacy to some of the phenomena that falls under the umbrella of topics on this site.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AllenBishop

Welcome to the ATS Family...enjoy the ride..

Look forward to meeting you in the forums....

Des

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hey Allen
I lurked for a long time too before I jumped in a few months back and signed up. So many great discussions here isn't there? I'm still more of a lurker than a poster but hey, baby steps.

I'm in Michigan. Enjoy reading about UFO's too but like Relocator said, don't need any up close and personal, thank you very much. I like reading about all things paranormal or metaphysical and really enjoy the ancient civilization threads too.

Anyway, welcome and hope to see you around. ~Lu

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Dang your quick for a spry old lady...lol

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
You'd be a lot more interesting if you were from Atlantis instead
Welcome to the site.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

I still fit into that old cheerleader outfit too....

On topic:...

OP...do you need a tin foil hat...we have several stylish models on hand.....let me know....

Des

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Welcome to the party.

First drink is on Des........

Enjoy!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I welcome you, but if you are not going to talk about your paranormal experiences why bring it up, it seems you really want to talk about it. Any way find a really cute avatar and I won't beg you to reveal your paranormal experiences, in fact I hope you don't...really....LOL.

BAW33

Ps. If you need help find Destiny...if she is not around find Heff...if he is not around...find oh hell...you can ask me if you must.

edit on 12/10/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: Edit

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes.

Also, thanks for the virtual sauce! All bourbon has a welcome home down my gullet.

I do need to cook up an avatar, ASAP. Something tells me it's going to be a challenge.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

I still fit into that old cheerleader outfit too....

On topic:...

OP...do you need a tin foil hat...we have several stylish models on hand.....let me know....

Des

Would love to see a picture of you like that...

Here's the choice of hat for you...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllenBishop
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes.

Also, thanks for the virtual sauce! All bourbon has a welcome home down my gullet.

I do need to cook up an avatar, ASAP. Something tells me it's going to be a challenge.

Here ya go Sweet Pea...yes, I'm a Southern Gal....

The Avatar Creations thread. All the best graphic artists, who do free avatars, on ATS....

Just post and let them know what you are looking for....they'll do ya in a jiffy...My whole Avatar closet is full of their incredible creations...I'm wearing one by member, Netties Hermit, now....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Des

edit on 10-12-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Here is one you can use...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
From one Atlantan to another. Welcome.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Ps. If you need help find Destiny...if she is not around find Heff...if he is not around...find oh hell...you can ask me if you must.

Took the liberty, hope you don't mind...and you never responded to my pizza thread...BTW...

edit on 12/10/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: Edit

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Welcome!!
I was wondering when anyone would meander in here from the grassy knoll.

Took ya long enough!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I wasnt around earlier, so heres a welcome from me too.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DC434L2A

Welcome!!
I was wondering when anyone would meander in here from the grassy knoll.

Took ya long enough!

Wow!

I can't begin to impart upon you, how many countless hours of mine were spent in, "The Grassy Knoll."

...sometimes, it's a smaller world than you think.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Welcome!
I signed up after trolling for a bit and now I still mostly just look around rather than post but I'm happy I'm here. I lived outside of Atlanta off & on for a couple years and saw some odd things in wooded areas but never any Gigantopithecus. Of course now that I don't live there anymore they have fun stuff like Walkers and Gigantopithecus, it just figures.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join