It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another SEAL Team Six member dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this has already been posted. I did a search but did not see anything. If so, then mods can redirect to an existing thread.

Another member of Navy SEAL Team Six is dead, the same team that was responsible for the raid that "killed" Osama Bin Laden, and the same team that had a little helicopter "accident" killing multiple members not long after the raid.

Navy SEAL Team Six member killed rescuing doctor from Afghanistan

A U.S. official has identified to Fox News the member of the Navy SEAL Team Six -- the same special ops group used for the raid on Usama bin Laden's compound -- that was killed during a weekend rescue mission in Afghanistan that freed an American doctor abducted by the Taliban outside of Kabul five days ago.

There are several existing threads on the helicopter "accident" that killed the other members awhile ago.

Crash kills members of SEAL Team 6

I don't have any evidence of a conspiracy other than general suspicion. Like many of you, I suspected something was not right after the helicopter crash. Now I really suspect something is not right. In all likelihood, Osama Bin Laden was dead a long time ago from kidney failure, and they're just getting rid of all the loose ends from the team that "killed" Bin Laden in the raid, then subsequently buried him at sea leaving no evidence.

I guess they don't even have to hide this stuff anymore. They just do it out in the open and stick with the official story.
edit on 10-12-2012 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

the report i just heard says that he wasn't part of the bin laden raid. all the raid seal team six guys were senior members, and this guy was a younger man. doesnt mean its true, but thats the OS as it stands at this time.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I don't know that there is a conspiracy to this per se.. as these men have highly dangerous jobs in a highly dangerous war zones. It's bound to happen that they will meet an earlier death than the average guy. Show me inconsistencies and I may change my opinion.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wondermost

It may be true that he was not part of the raid. I guess there's no way to tell if we're being told the truth.

It just seems like too many fatalities have occurred on this particular team since the raid for it to be a coincidence.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Team Six is divided into smaller groups, and the Bin Laden team was cherrypicked from those who were stateside at the time, ie not deployed. As I recall, the crash referred to did not involve anyone on the Bin Laden raid. It is a dirty business, they are the best of the best, highly trained, but are not invincible. No conspiracy here.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86

Team Six is divided into smaller groups, and the Bin Laden team was cherrypicked from those who were stateside at the time, ie not deployed. As I recall, the crash referred to did not involve anyone on the Bin Laden raid. It is a dirty business, they are the best of the best, highly trained, but are not invincible. No conspiracy here.

Yes, I know it's an extremely dangerous job and that the team has various groups. I'm not sold that it's a conspiracy, but on the other hand it would not surprise me one bit if it were.

This recent fatality is just food for thought, a mental note in case there are more incidents in the future that may indicate a trend.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

i'm in the same boat as you, my friend. it would not surprise me if later it came out that all these guys were in on the raid, but at the same time i feel like maybe we only notice because that term seal team six has been introduced into our consciousness. say the guy was an EOD, nobody thinks anything about it, because much like seal team six prior to the bin laden raid, your everyday citizen is not neccesarily aware of what and EOD or Seal Team Six memeber is.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wondermost

Yes, the media put SEAL Team Six on everyone's radar after the raid. I would not have known about it were it not for the reports. If this new fatality simply said "Special Ops Agent killed", then I would have no reason to suspect anything.

I have thought that maybe the media report specifically mentions that he was a member of the now renowned team because it is better to have it in plain sight than have it come out later. If it came out later, it would look like they were trying to hide something at first.

I dunno. There's just no way to really tell for your average joe like me without some inside info.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Only one word here for all these seal team six deaths; Karma.

Maybe, just maybe, they did something horrible, and gotta pay for it. Just can´t be a coincidence they all ending up dead one after another.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm not personally getting too excited over these deaths unless there starts to be a pattern. Like, who were on that raid and saw/know what no one else does. Whatever that may be in the end.

Otherwise? Seal Six is a very very big team. A figure I just caught at Fox estimates 300 and I've seen MUCH larger numbers. Bush went bananas for Special Forces after 9/11 and initial success in Afghanistan with very small teams leading the locals. As I recall reading, he ordered the entire community doubled...then doubled again. I recall that clearly because the outcry and outrage from organizations like Naval Special Warfare was intense and ..shockingly..public back them. Commanders were furious that the only way to meet the numbers being tossed around at the start was to drop standards.

Seals have been known to run whole training classes...only to drop EVERY one who started and close the thing out empty. Or..so rumors go. BUD/S is a secretive kinda place, like everything else about those guys so who knows for sure. Like everything else, manpower in that area is literally classified.

I would note tho...when someone says a job cannot be done and is absolutely impossible...some other guy pipes up to see what Seal Teams are available.
Go Navy!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'm not personally getting too excited over these deaths unless there starts to be a pattern. Like, who were on that raid and saw/know what no one else does. Whatever that may be in the end.

Otherwise? Seal Six is a very very big team. A figure I just caught at Fox estimates 300 and I've seen MUCH larger numbers. Bush went bananas for Special Forces after 9/11 and initial success in Afghanistan with very small teams leading the locals. As I recall reading, he ordered the entire community doubled...then doubled again. I recall that clearly because the outcry and outrage from organizations like Naval Special Warfare was intense and ..shockingly..public back them. Commanders were furious that the only way to meet the numbers being tossed around at the start was to drop standards.

Seals have been known to run whole training classes...only to drop EVERY one who started and close the thing out empty. Or..so rumors go. BUD/S is a secretive kinda place, like everything else about those guys so who knows for sure. Like everything else, manpower in that area is literally classified.

I would note tho...when someone says a job cannot be done and is absolutely impossible...some other guy pipes up to see what Seal Teams are available.
Go Navy!

Membership is not secret. Jobs after the fact can be, but you can legally and easily obtain the names of graduating members of any graduating class. If you'd like to have a chat with people who look these things up on a regular basis, head over to www.stolenvalor.com... and ask around.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

Indeed... I learned quite a bit about that whole side of things when I was looking into something on Jessie Ventura's specifics when stories were the big thing about him awhile back. I wish we still had the public access military record database which was online before 9/11. That was priceless and I stumbled across it by helping my father with PI work occasionally but it would show Branch, MOS and Hometown on whatever name you cared to enter. I actually helped solve a couple family puzzles with that and it wasn't in favor of the little cretins misrepresenting themselves either. One swore he was special forces in Vietnam and he actually was, believe it or not, the proverbial cook. (facepalm)

What I meant on classified stuff is actual standing force numbers to how large Seal Six is. I know it's become an organization unto itself in much the way Delta has for the Army now while still technically a part of the larger thing but I couldn't get anything very reliable to just how many elements make up the whole. Oh well, I suppose that's the trivia we'll all read in after-war books I'm sure every other guy who served will be writing about some aspect of it in a decade or so.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Indeed... I learned quite a bit about that whole side of things when I was looking into something on Jessie Ventura's specifics when stories were the big thing about him awhile back. I wish we still had the public access military record database which was online before 9/11. That was priceless and I stumbled across it by helping my father with PI work occasionally but it would show Branch, MOS and Hometown on whatever name you cared to enter. I actually helped solve a couple family puzzles with that and it wasn't in favor of the little cretins misrepresenting themselves either. One swore he was special forces in Vietnam and he actually was, believe it or not, the proverbial cook. (facepalm)

What I meant on classified stuff is actual standing force numbers to how large Seal Six is. I know it's become an organization unto itself in much the way Delta has for the Army now while still technically a part of the larger thing but I couldn't get anything very reliable to just how many elements make up the whole. Oh well, I suppose that's the trivia we'll all read in after-war books I'm sure every other guy who served will be writing about some aspect of it in a decade or so.

I imagine you're very correct about the force numbers. I am a civilian with a substantial security clearance and working 40 hours a week for the Navy, and I dont have the slightest idea about what those numbers would be. But then again, I do agree with those numbers being kept away from prying eyes.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
They were on a mission to save one guy? Now why was this doctors life worth more than the guys who were murdered with Stevens in Libia?
Just cant understand why they send a team for one guy and not send a team for others that were asking for help?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyswatter

I imagine you're very correct about the force numbers. I am a civilian with a substantial security clearance and working 40 hours a week for the Navy, and I dont have the slightest idea about what those numbers would be. But then again, I do agree with those numbers being kept away from prying eyes.

Not.to mention keeping names secret. Taking out family members as revenge has to be high on the terrorist's wish list. What a nightmare that would be...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Believe it or not, that thing's still around, it's over on NIPRnet though. I have seen a bridge to it running on a couple of hardcore military websites but you have to validate your prior service before you can get to it.

I use it from time to time to see who I'm talking to online, if they expose enough personal info for me to get a name.

It's not complete for pre-'80s, you can find some people in there but for sure not all. And there are categorical omissions in the later records, for example, if you go looking for a SOCOM record you will either get nothing, or a somewhat laundered record that shows his pre-SOC MOS. Same with nuclear command personnel, but you can often find a lot on staff officers that I wouldn't have expected.

edit to add: it's not so hard to validate SOC duty, though, there are other accessible databases that will allow you to look at what initially seems like innocent data, but if you put it together, it's a huge honkin' security breach. For example - let's speculate about a fictional person you might want to ask 'who IS this guy, really?'. So you get a name and go fishing. His DOD lookup gives you Army, a hometown, and a rank of E7. Not too enlightening. So you go digging in the data pile, and lo! billeting records, local utility bills, and the like. Now it shows this guy was at Ft Benning, then you see a flurry of TDYs in north Georgia, Florida and New Mexico, then Ft Bragg for a while. Another TDY in Yuma, then a new semi-permanent billet at Ft Devens, and Bob's your uncle You know everything you need to know about the guy. Other records will tell you where he TDY'd from Fort Devens (now Ft Carson) and how long, which tells you what schools he went to, so you know his specialties - for example, if you're checking out someone who appears to be SF and he does a stint out of Ft Carson to Pensacola, Fl, you know he's an Echo.

OTOH, if the guy was at Ft Drum the whole time, he most definitely was NOT in SOC.

edit on 11-12-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
Only one word here for all these seal team six deaths; Karma.

Where is Chris Kyle when you need him?

edit on 11-12-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
First of all, there is no seal team six, it was disbanded in the 80s. The Naval Special Warfare Development Group, which is nicknamed seal team six is an extensive organisation. The Seal killed during the operaiton wasnt necessarily part of the squad which raided the compound.

The active seals are divided into 6 teams. Each team is about 100 men strong, which is split among 3 troops, which again are split into smaller squads.

The team which raided the compound was Red Team. A troop of Gold team got shot down over Afghanistan.

Now what would be interesting to see, is if Navy Seal members have been shifted around, ie if they were designated as part of red team during the operation in Pakistan and reassigned as gold team before the shootdown.

Or even better a list of names of those involved in the raid and the victims of the shootdown for crossreferencing. But of course the names of the seals involved in that operation, or any operation are kept from the public.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merinda
First of all, there is no seal team six, it was disbanded in the 80s. The Naval Special Warfare Development Group, which is nicknamed seal team six is an extensive organisation. The Seal killed during the operaiton wasnt necessarily part of the squad which raided the compound.

The active seals are divided into 6 teams. Each team is about 100 men strong, which is split among 3 troops, which again are split into smaller squads.

The team which raided the compound was Red Team. A troop of Gold team got shot down over Afghanistan.

Now what would be interesting to see, is if Navy Seal members have been shifted around, ie if they were designated as part of red team during the operation in Pakistan and reassigned as gold team before the shootdown.

Or even better a list of names of those involved in the raid and the victims of the shootdown for crossreferencing. But of course the names of the seals involved in that operation, or any operation are kept from the public.

Good post, all the "SEAL Team Six" nonsense gets thick on these boards.

DEVGRU for the win.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merinda

Now what would be interesting to see, is if Navy Seal members have been shifted around, ie if tuhey were designated as part of red team during the operation in Pakistan and reassigned as gold team before the shootdown.

According to No.Easy Day, the team which raided the compound was not a regular team but a handpicked group of the most senior and qualified operators. So to answer your question, yes members were shifted around prior to the OBL operation and afterwards. This is not exactly secret stuff, you may have simply missed it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join