It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the World? Hear the 2012 Prophecy … Direct from the Mouths of the Mayan Priests

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

oh thanks i feel great now..

anyway researching, i find that in a few days for several days we have spectacular Geminid Meteor Shower (as advised by NASA), which i knew nothing of.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Yes these are widely accepted beliefs regarding 2012. By people who have no actual knowledge of Mayan cosmology and epigraphy. As I and many others have pointed out on here time and again there are only two references to December 21, 2012 from the Classic period. On the other hand we have many references to dates that come after 2012. Furthermore, if we look at the Popol Vuh it becomes clear that the Maya never believed there would be a Fifth Sun/Creation/etc. The gods were happy with us. The Fifth Sun Prophecy is Aztec in origin and they have no references to 2012. In fact they didn't even use the Long Count.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I laugh at ascension aspirations and stuff. But winter came once again earlier this year. Sun is switching off, yet cakes around it are warming they say. And now these annual human sacrifice preparations in the middle east. I'm afraid world will most likely go on but someone will make it suck more and more faster. Then hello to something new and better and a big D'Oh! after it. How would you like your eggs? Scrambled it is.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
The end of the world will not happen in 2012, it will happen in several billion years when the sun will grow into a red giant, swallowing the first planets, including Earth. But again, that's in a bout 4 billion years, not in 11 days.

I've found this article where the Mayan elders and experts themselves are saying that there will not be an end, but according to them a transformation (whatever that is).

If there is a transformation, then it does mean it will be the end of the world (as we know it). That doesn't mean earth will be destroyed.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rkingpin
reply to post by Xtrozero

oh thanks i feel great now..

anyway researching, i find that in a few days for several days we have spectacular Geminid Meteor Shower (as advised by NASA), which i knew nothing of.

That is a great annual meteor shower around the 13th and 14th every year. The problem is the weather is not always agreeable.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

You are right in one thing, they didn't predict "the end of the world in 2012". However, you are wrong in one thing, thinking that any ONE or TWO Hopi elders speak for them all...

The Mayans/Hopi broke into different groups as they moved, and settled all over South, Central, and North America.

Just like people moving from the cities who know nothing, or almost nothing about science in these days can, and do move to rural places, the same thing happened to the Mayan/Hopi, and other tribes. Just because they are part of the Mayan/Hopi people doesn't mean they know everything other Mayan/Hopi people know.

edit on 12-12-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join