It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the World? Hear the 2012 Prophecy … Direct from the Mouths of the Mayan Priests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The end of the world will not happen in 2012, it will happen in several billion years when the sun will grow into a red giant, swallowing the first planets, including Earth. But again, that's in a bout 4 billion years, not in 11 days.

I've found this article where the Mayan elders and experts themselves are saying that there will not be an end, but according to them a transformation (whatever that is). Perhaps it's the beginning of a gradual change in our beliefs about reality, how everything works (my speculation).

www.zerohedge.com...

Many people are talking about the Mayan 2012 prophecy.

But few know what the Mayan priests actually said about 2012.

In reality, Mayan elders say something very different from what you might have heard.

For example, Wakatel Utiw – leader of the National Council of Elders Mayas, Xinca and Garifuna, Day Keeper of the Mayan Calendar, and 13th generation Quiche Mayan Spiritual Leader - says that the end of the Maya calendar has nothing to do with the end of the world.

It's not even the end of the cycle of their calendar according to their claim:

He also explains that December 21, 2012 might not even be the end of this cycle of the calendar:

Contrary to popular belief the living elders of the Maya do not agree that December 21, 2012 is the end of their calendar. A new “Sun” represents the beginning of a new Long Count cycle in the calendar system of approximately 5,200 years, which they say may not happen for many years.

Furthermore they have recently discovered a Mayan calendar that goes thousands of years past 2012.

www.washingtonsblog.com...

So my suggestion is: Enjoy the holidays and the new year as you've done in the past.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I didn't believe in the end of days, but then this happened.

Now, I know.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This goes along with my thinking and recent thread that we have (as a whole) totally missed the point of the Mayan's (and others) interest in 2012. I'm much more concerned with the runaway anxiety it has caused and how TPTB might use that to their advantage.

S+F
edit on 10-12-2012 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeterGriffin

Now, I know.

Of course it's ending! She got her own show!!!!!!!!! *facepalm*

I think that it is the end of an era and dawning of a new one. I've looked at a couple different spiritual sides of things and it doesn't sound too bad. Ascension to the 5th dimension sounds a lot better than this life on Earth. Getting to learn your hearts desires and being able to create whatever you desire instead of stuck in a dead end rut.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PeterGriffin

Wtf just happened.......

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
How can they claim it isn't the end of their calendar and is not a new age? It's widely accepted that the calendar is used to define ages of time, and Dec 21st has been interpreted to be the end to the final age in the 5126~ years that the calendar displays.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I really hope that on the 21st of December some world changing event takes place and it is the end of the world as we know it. Next stage of evolution or alien contact or just anything really amazing.

But in all honesty I think the day will come and go and life will just carry on as usual and we will all end up feeling deflated after being built up to this day by all the hype.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sevka

end up feeling deflated? this thing fizzled out when the normal christmas shopping anxiety and nfl playoff race was realized yet again this year. noone cares about dec. 21st outside of the fact that that day leaves only three shop days left. give me a break, 2011 had alot more of an apocalyptic feel to it, and nothing happened, thank your deity of choice.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
only 11 more days
till the end of these 2012 threads
mayans never predicted the end of the world
it was some hippy on shrooms

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well damn peeps. So you're sayin' I gotta do some Christmas shopping then? *sigh*

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Of course the Mayan JuJuman might just being saying that it's all rubbish because he's got a big fat bank account courtesy of the world governments that helps him say so

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
dang, I've been waiting my whole life for this day.
I have heard and read before that the Mayan descendants believe it is going to be a rebirth of the planet earth, not an end.
I'm not holding my breath or anything but I think something will happen soon.
A Geomagnetic reversal would be interesting.
But on the other hand, I hope nothing happens.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The world isn't going to end till the day after I win the Lotto. Oooh isn't there a drawing on the 21st, maybe that's my lucky day.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeterGriffin

Now, I know.

I have never seen them before, but have heard of here comes honey boo boo. I always made it a point to never see them in live action, and i feel tricked by you putting this video up. I did not know any real names from the title, so innocently I press play to see what your video is about. I will find you and send you a bill for all the psychological trauma that I need fixed now, thank you.
P.S. I believe now, .................... I believe...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by xszawe

LOL,,yep thats right..

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JustLu

No you don't have to
. Just tell them you thought it would end.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Just recently I had a dream where i remember seeing clearly meteor or asteroid, reddish in colour, with lots of craters, on fire and smoky falling from the sky into the earth nearby where i live and causing a boom..it was the size of an average two storey home.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
So what am I to do with my buried 40 ft shipping container full of Twinkies now?

I was going to rule the world!!!

BTW is it just me or is honey boo boo's mom hot?
edit on 11-12-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I am so positive that something is going to happen after the 21st December, I have handed my notice in at work and I finish with them on the 21st.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by rkingpin
Just recently I had a dream where i remember seeing clearly meteor or asteroid, reddish in colour, with lots of craters, on fire and smoky falling from the sky into the earth nearby where i live and causing a boom..it was the size of an average two storey home.

Where do you live for I'm sure your world is coming to an end, and I want to make sure I'm far enough away from that house asteroid.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join