It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Jesus the shepherd leave his flock at the mercy of a Super Wolf?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Scriptures say that God gave Satan/Super Wolf dominion over the earth and the power to deceive all of us on this world.

Jesus often used the shepherd and sheep analogy in scriptures.

Following that analogy and the fact that Jesus has been gone for some time now, one must wonder why, if our souls are so important to Jesus, he has left us and past generations at Satan’s mercy.

No shepherd I ever heard of would be so irresponsible to his duty to his flock.
Especially since scriptures tell us that more sheep will be taken by Satan than protected by the shepherd.

Another breach of duty, FMPOV, is that Satan has been sentenced to hell by God, yet justice delayed is considered justice denied by most and God is denying mankind that justice.

I appreciate the free will argument that some might put but our free will was rescinded by God the moment he gave Satan the power to deceive us against our will. That situation is depicted somewhat in this clip which speaks to God letting Satan have his way with us.

www.youtube.com...

This clip is just to show what some think of the shepherd analogy.

www.youtube.com...

Can you shed some light on these two issues for me?

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Who wants to be a sheep?

Anyone needing a shepherd, sounds like sheep to me.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

What makes you think Jesus left his flock at the mercy of anyone, or anything? From the Christian perspective, he told them he would be with them always. He also told them the Holy Spirit would come to them. Add to that, their God is omnipresent, and omnipotent. They're never alone, or at anyones mercy. At least, that's the Christian perspective.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
"You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."

Jesus pulled the "wool" over the god of this world's eyes by "crossing" a negative with a negative to positively free us.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

God is denying mankind that justice.

People are refusing to demand justice. it is always there.

People look for what fits into their agenda.

If it is justice, they demand it. and if they have the opportunity to suck the blood of other people , they demand sucking ,too.

People do not follow same principles , they think they are smart.

And whenever some upper hand beats them down , they come to demand justice again.

And it is because of Humanism. i,e Self-centered none-believr ideology which is mostly advertised by west.

I appreciate the free will argument that some might put but our free will was rescinded by God the moment he gave Satan the power to deceive us against our will.

Satan is invisible enemy. But there is a reward who does the right thing , instead.

Whoever who does one good thing gets x10 reward.

Whoever who does wrong thing gets x1 punishment.

IMO , there is a mathematical reason behind that.

Whenever some one decides to get a high contrast , does that.

There will be a wider range of variable and there will be easier way to see the difference between people.
edit on 10-12-2012 by mideast because:
allah

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Because he is an animal abuser.

edit on 10-12-2012 by ShotGunRum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Jesus has to follow God's will, and God's will is free will. Everyone is made to understand judgement through experience. Part of Jesus' task was to experience humanity so he could better judge us.

I wont make persumptions about the morality of God, but it seems like he wants everyone to learn to be nice, no matter what the cost of that education is.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Scriptures say that God gave Satan/Super Wolf dominion over the earth and the power to deceive all of us on this world.

Following that analogy and the fact that Jesus has been gone for some time now, one must wonder why, if our souls are so important to Jesus, he has left us and past generations at Satan’s mercy.

Especially since scriptures tell us that more sheep will be taken by Satan than protected by the shepherd.

Another breach of duty, FMPOV, is that Satan has been sentenced to hell by God, yet justice delayed is considered justice denied by most and God is denying mankind that justice.

I appreciate the free will argument that some might put but our free will was rescinded by God the moment he gave Satan the power to deceive us against our will. That situation is depicted somewhat in this clip which speaks to God letting Satan have his way with us.

You've got it wrong, you've been spouting lies or intentionally misreading the bible.
It's God himself that sends snow or clouds or rain and wind, Satan has no mercy he'll do whatever he can to those whom God allows. Demons are logical, they know the difference between right and wrong and that they'll be punished for doing wrong, they are legalists, Jesus spoke of knocking on a door, demons want to get through that door as well. God allows people to be decieved, those who don't love the truth, those who don't seek the truth, those who are just looking for pathetic excuses like: "The devil made me do it."
I believe that demonic posession is common, in the bible there was a demon possessed person in the synagogue, I personally know a person who was possessed when she was younger.
I don't see how justice delayed is justice denied, God's timing is perfect, there isn't a sparrow that falls to the ground that he doesn't know about.
Do not blame God for the actions of men, men are not God so do not blame him.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Who wants to be a sheep?

Anyone needing a shepherd, sounds like sheep to me.

Yes.
Please listen to what this bishop says about growing up.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

What makes you think Jesus left his flock at the mercy of anyone, or anything? From the Christian perspective, he told them he would be with them always. He also told them the Holy Spirit would come to them. Add to that, their God is omnipresent, and omnipotent. They're never alone, or at anyones mercy. At least, that's the Christian perspective.

Poor thinking friend.

How can Jesus return if he is already here?

As to your holy spook.

Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.
1Kings 22:23

Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.
2 Chron 18:22

Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.
Jer 4:10

O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. Jer 20:7

And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.
Ezekiel 14:9

For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.
Thessalonians 2:11

To me, God’s worse lie was to Adam and Eve. He told them they could eat of the tree of life and then reneged and in a real sense murdered them by denying them a remedy.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aesir26
"You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."

Jesus pulled the "wool" over the god of this world's eyes by "crossing" a negative with a negative to positively free us.

Free us from the damnation he cursed us with in the first place.

Would you condemn someone just to have to die for them?

Would you be that insane?

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

Satan is invisible enemy. But there is a reward who does the right thing , instead.

]

Yep yep. Invisible boogey man.

Is it the right thing for God to not implement the sentence he gave Satan and leaving him here instead of sending him to hell?

Show us your sense of justice if you have one.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

Jesus has to follow God's will, and God's will is free will. Everyone is made to understand judgement through experience. Part of Jesus' task was to experience humanity so he could better judge us.

I wont make persumptions about the morality of God, but it seems like he wants everyone to learn to be nice, no matter what the cost of that education is.

You lie.
You have made a presumption about the morality of God.
You presume he has a good moral sense.
Your morals have been so compromised by your religion that you do not even know what you are doing or saying. You cannot refute this.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

You've got it wrong, you've been spouting lies or intentionally misreading the bible.
It's God himself that sends snow or clouds or rain and wind, Satan has no mercy he'll do whatever he can to those whom God allows. Demons are logical, they know the difference between right and wrong and that they'll be punished for doing wrong, they are legalists, Jesus spoke of knocking on a door, demons want to get through that door as well. God allows people to be decieved, those who don't love the truth, those who don't seek the truth, those who are just looking for pathetic excuses like: "The devil made me do it."
I believe that demonic posession is common, in the bible there was a demon possessed person in the synagogue, I personally know a person who was possessed when she was younger.
I don't see how justice delayed is justice denied, God's timing is perfect, there isn't a sparrow that falls to the ground that he doesn't know about.

This idiocy is worth repeating for those sane Christians who will see how insane their religion can make people.

Thanks for making my point.

Attention all Christians. Read the above for your own mental good.

Regards
DL
edit on 11-12-2012 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

First off, I said it was the Christian perspective, not mine.

But even so, you're taking random verses out of context to try and prove that God and/or Jesus lied about everything except when they said they were lying. Isn't that a bit nonsensical? Wouldn't it make more sense to leave those verses in context with the verses around them, rather than connecting them to others that don't fit the context, or have immediate relevance? Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This moment is Christ (consciousness) and he is here always.
However, thoughts (words) appear that speak of 'other' and it is this 'other' that has you decieved.
There is no other - this is it.

Satan is no more than words and stories that appear in mind. If you get lost in mind, lost in thought, lost in time then come back to this moment of presence which is never not here.

If you stay with what is arising instead of being caught in thought you will be sheltered from all the horrors that the mind imagines. The mind can imagine so much more than what is really happening.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

]

Yep yep. Invisible boogey man.

Is it the right thing for God to not implement the sentence he gave Satan and leaving him here instead of sending him to hell?

Show us your sense of justice if you have one.

Regards
DL

If we could see heaven and the x10 reward , then who was following his\her own agenda ?

There should be tests to separate good from evil.

And one situation of the test is that you should stop what you are following and trust in some thing heavenly.

Otherwise it is not test.

+ Satan is invisible , but his ways has been told to us.

The people who want to walk towards the will of god should pack themselves with some thing.

Modesty , being grateful , stop arrogance , being patient , the ability to look the wrong thing one has done despite 100% of awareness.

I know I am nothing without the attention and blessing of the creator , so I don't cry to him "Iwant that dirty cand which you refused to give me". I trust him and I believe I will see the results , someday.

He has created Satan , but he is much kind , too.

+ there is no one to scape from him to. He is like a mother to a child who has done wrong thing. he is the mother. He maybe punishes us but there is nowhere else for us to run to.

Some satans say "there is somewhere" , and they will laugh at you at last.

It is what it is , the blessing from the creator and the attitude of the created towards the creator.

His guidance is the true guidance , and he is the one who forgives.

So , my words are just empty words comparing to his guidance.

peace.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

This idiocy is worth repeating for those sane Christians who will see how insane their religion can make people.

Thanks for making my point.

Attention all Christians. Read the above for your own mental good.

Regards
DL
edit on 11-12-2012 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

I'm not a Christian and I've been called insane before, emotional abuse doesn't bother me as much as when I was a kid, so try again. There must be some way for you to become worth listening to.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Dear Great I Am.

Those questions in the OP show that you have intellectual capacity and are using sound reasoning to think things out logically. Indeed you make very good arguments and your question deserves a dignified answer. As no one has been able to do so please allow me to help you understand what the scriptures really teach about Jesus and if he really has ever abandoned his flock.

(John 10:27, 28) . . .My sheep listen to my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. And I give them everlasting life, and they will by no means ever be destroyed, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.

(John 18:9) . . .in order that the word might be fulfilled which he said: “Of those whom you have given me I have not lost a single one.”

(John 6:39) This is the will of him that sent me, that I should lose nothing out of all that he has given me but that I should resurrect it at the last day.

Jesus himself teaches us that all of his sheep know his voice and listen to him and they follow him wherever he goes. He also teaches that not one of them has been lost.

How is it that Jesus has not lost any from among his flock, yet the Bible teaches that the world of mankind in general is in spiritual darkness, and has been deceived by Satan the Devil, as you correctly pointed out, and these are the scriptures to back up that teaching:

(2 Corinthians 4:4) among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through...- Also see Revelation 12:9.

I think you have mankind in general confused with sheep, and Jesus' flock. When Jesus' was referring to his flock he was referring to those who listen to his voice and follow him. The majority of mankind has not done so. In actuality he has two flocks. One is a small flock of 144,000 anointed Christians who will be resurrected to spirit life when him in heaven to rule as kings and priests over the earth and mankind. And another flock of Christians who will live on earth forever. (See Revelation 14:1; John 10:16)

It is true that Jesus has allowed all of those among both these flocks to be sifted and tested by Satan. But it is not because he wants to. Rather it is because Satan has asked Jehovah God to hand them over to him to be tested, just as he viciously demanded Jehovah the right to test Job, and did many horrible things to that man to put his integrity to the test:

(Luke 22:31) . . .“Simon, Simon, look! Satan has demanded to have YOU men to sift YOU as wheat.

We are told that Satan the Devil has come down to earth waging war against the remaining seed of the woman of Genesis 3:15:

(Revelation 12:17) . . .And the dragon grew wrathful at the woman, and went off to wage war with the remaining ones of her seed, who observe the commandments of God and have the work of bearing witness to Jesus.

The remnants of this seed, the remaining of the 144,000 called to heavenly life are the main target of Satan's viscous earthly attack. He uses at his disposal his political governments, and religious governments in unrelenting assaults upon their integrity. Jehovah has allowed this testing to prove Satan the liar that he is:

(Proverbs 27:11) . . .Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, that I may make a reply to him that is taunting me.

Yet Jehovah has never allowed any of his servants to be tempted beyond what we can bear:

(2 Corinthians 4:7-9) . . .However, we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the power beyond what is normal may be God’s and not that out of ourselves. 8 We are pressed in every way, but not cramped beyond movement; we are perplexed, but not absolutely with no way out; 9 we are persecuted, but not left in the lurch; we are thrown down, but not destroyed.

Notice one of those scriptures I cited at the beginning of this answer. Jesus reveals that when the time comes all those who have died for his name will be resurrected back to life. So really to him he has never lost any of his flock. All who die loyally to him will be raised to life. They are the ones that WIN!!!

It is true that the majority of mankind right now, in general, is in spiritual darkness. Yet the Bible reveals that the time is near at hand when Jesus will raise all mankind back from the dead in the new world of righteousness, and all those dead, brought back to life in paradise on earth will be taught the truth.

If you would like further explanations of Biblical truth please feel free to u2u me or visit the link in my signature.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

First off, I said it was the Christian perspective, not mine.

But even so, you're taking random verses out of context to try and prove that God and/or Jesus lied about everything except when they said they were lying. Isn't that a bit nonsensical? Wouldn't it make more sense to leave those verses in context with the verses around them, rather than connecting them to others that don't fit the context, or have immediate relevance? Just a thought.

Christians cherry pick constantly and others cannot. Ok.

Reciprocity is not fair play in your book I guess.

Is justice delayed justice denied?
No quotes required for that simple question.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join