It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Hi im new here and a Muslim and my goal is to show people Islams true meaning; not the Islam that is portrayed by extremist "Muslims". If you are intrested please feel free to email me at [email protected]. I would be genuinly intrested in answering anyones questions. Thanks

P.S If everyone voiced their views I would be happy - where does everyone think Jesus (pbuh) died?

Thanks

[edit on 23-10-2004 by Life Is 4 Livin]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Life Is 4 Livin
Hi im new here and a Muslim and my goal is to show people Islams true meaning; not the Islam that is portrayed by extremist "Muslims". If you are intrested please feel free to email me at [email protected]. I would be genuinly intrested in answering anyones questions. Thanks

Welcome......Glad to have you and look forward to your input.

Thanks for your time.

[edit on 23-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Hey thanks for offering to take the stand on behalf of your religion. A brave and noble thing to do!

I'll jump straight in with both feet and ask if there is any justification what so ever, according to your faith, for the beheading of hostages in Iraq?.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Hi im new here and a Muslim and my goal is to show people Islams true meaning; not the Islam that is portrayed by extremist "Muslims".

Ok I will start. Why has the Islamic world not stood up more than it has to fight this terror?

Why does the Moslem world look to Al Jeezera to get its information?

Why does Palestinian TV glorify suicide bombings?

This should start, I ahvent read the whole Koran but I have read enough to know this behavior is not justified just as Christians blowing up abortion clinics..

Thanks for your time.

Re-read that sentence Ed. He did not say he was here to stand up for every thing and everyone Muslim. You really expect him to know the answers? For pitys sake Ed why are you jumping on him like that, I know you are frustrated, but jeez.

Welcome Life is 4 Livin. It is good to have you here and I hope you enjoy the site. I am not aware of many Muslim users here, so it is great to have a personal view from your way of life. Again, Welcome

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well done Kriz. This is an intro in the wrong forum Ed. Usually we greet people before we crucify them.

All in jest. Welcome aboard, sure your input will be a breath of fresh air. Hopefully you can help us in denying ignorance.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Its really very nice of you all to give me such a welcome.

Billy - Personally I am completely 100% against these behadings and so is all of my sect - however, I am sure there are other Sunni, SHiite, Wahabis etc who are in favour of such actiosn but let me assure you I am aginst bin LAden and wht he stands for and against ALL of these terrorist groups.

Personally, the Middle East has been corrupted and only runs on the words of extreme clerics and they support the war and they probably incite some of it as well. I have no idea why people look to Al Jazeera when most of its broadcasts are probably haraam and very wrong in the views of true Muslims. Palestine in a proper war would obviosly lose and I think that glorifyiong the bombins are the only chance of fighting back.

( I am sorry if my views are not fully explained and I am no expert on the subject, unlike my brother who is, however, I appreaciate all of your questions). I am not here to start arguiing and trying to force my opinions on others but to hear both side so the story.

For others who a re intrested here is my religous sects site who have a channel on SKY (Enlgish cable) on 807: alislam.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Welcome to the group.

I do have one question you may be able to help with. In your opinion, with so many muslims in the world, well over a billion, how come there aren't any major protest against extremist?

I know there are minor protest. I mean why isn't there a million muslim march on Washington or something like that asking for an end to terrorism? Also I was very impressed by the college students protesting in Iran after 9/11 supporting the US in the candlelight gathering on the news. I think that was the biggest gathering I would consider a protest.

I know this is a little off topic from your post inasmuch that you state you would be glad to help people understand Islams' true meaning and not muslims' thoughts that practice your religon but if you could give me your thoughts on this and how it pertains to Islam if at all I would appreciate it.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hi TexasConspiracyNut,
Well what you ask is a very good question - personally, many of my friends are very anti-America and I always stand out in our arguments because I do not want war with the West as many do.

I know my answer is slightly going off topic now but please read on:
I cannot generalise to much so I shall just talk about Pakistani Muslims. In 1947 Pakistan and India split then leter Bangledesh split up and between those two events and up till now war has been raging on in Kahmir and tensions are running VERY high as boths nations are armed to the teeth, which personally I think creates even more tension. So, Muslims there have more immediate worries becasue just as long as Musharraf is supporting the West then there really is no need for a march as the support has been shown.

I know this answer is not great but please answer back and let me know your thoughts on mine and why you think there have not been any marches.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Life,

as far as I am concerned and for that matter anyone, you are only responsible for your actions and or reactions

If you do not agree with radical clerics and such, it is neither your fault or responsibilty what they say or do, but condeming them would be nice (which you did).

That said, you did offer to try to explain what and why certain radical muslum people/groupd do what they do.

In that spirit, I would like to know what the muslium world thinks of clerics who teach their groups to hate and want to kill others-Americans/westerners/non musliums in general.

When someone is brought up and taught this from the youngest age, what kind of adults do you think you will have.

It is the same mentality as a christian priest saying we sould hate and kill all muslims from day one that they go to church.

I am sorry to say, but I think your introduction here this way may cause you much grief-that is a shame, since you seem to not desire it.

If you consider any of what I said to be such, please forgive my passion on the subject-it is directed toward the subject and not you.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Its really very nice of you all to give me such a welcome.
Personally I am completely 100% against these behadings and so is all of my sect - however, I am sure there are other Sunni, SHiite, Wahabis etc

Welcome To ATS. I appreciate your willingness to field these type of questions with an open mind. What I think alot of people are going to have a problem with is the fact that they feel that the extreemist are the "TRUE" members of Islam, and represent all of your faith, Yet you are an example of what most Islamic people feel . They and you are just as outraged and horrified as the rest of US. The problem IMHO is none of the non-extreme followers of Islam are ever given any media attention.

Again Welcome to ATS.

FredT

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Read his sects site Texas. I think that may answer some of your questions.

I mean why isn't there a million muslim march on Washington or something like that asking for an end to terrorism?

I think he has already answered that ,Islam that is portrayed by extremist "Muslims", is not the Islam of 99.9% Muslims.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Dear Fred,
Thats great for you to participate and I understand your feelings. As it seems to me the Middle East is under more and more pressure and somehow it seems it is preparing for WWIII by teaching such radical things' obviosly I do not agree and neither would any sane Muslim and such a future race would be a very undesirable and violent effect. Such early teachings can be seen as indoctrination; some sort of glorification of Bin Laded - if he is killed he is a "martyr" and if he stays alive then he will remain a hero. The choice is difficult and I totally undertsand your feelings.

I think such clerics teach hate because they feel inferior to Americans and thus by saying such things they remain power and the more power they need the more contreversy they create - e.g. Abu Hamza. Thanks, check out alislam.org for more of my beliefs

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have a friend that owns a hardware store here from Pakistan and the man at the store where I get gas is from there too. The man at the corner store left his wife and kids to come here and he is trying to bring them over now but it isn't that easy for him to do. They both told me the same thing you just did. You make a lot of since. They both worry alot about their family and what is going on with their Hindu neighbors accross the border and in the disputed area between.

I dont have a response to why there are no big protest. That is something I would like to know as well. I think if there were a major protest then it would enlighten a lot of people especially Americans to the fact that muslims want peace as well. A lot of people here in Texas think all muslims are crazy as the extremist. Something like a million muslim march would help bring both sides together I think.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Good reply Life,

I have to admit to having been one of those ignorant Americans who hated all Musliums for the actions of the few-yes I have had a personal loss do to the radical ones.

You represent yourself and your religion well.

I would, however, still feel that with over 1 billion musliums, we should hear more about how the vast majority are sickened by the actions of the few.

I am not sure if they just don't speakout or if western news chooses not to cover it.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4

Re-read that sentence Ed. He did not say he was here to stand up for every thing and everyone Muslim. You really expect him to know the answers? For pitys sake Ed why are you jumping on him like that, I know you are frustrated, but jeez.

Welcome Life is 4 Livin. It is good to have you here and I hope you enjoy the site. I am not aware of many Muslim users here, so it is great to have a personal view from your way of life. Again, Welcome

Hi im new here and a Muslim and my goal is to show people Islams true meaning; not the Islam that is portrayed by extremist "Muslims".

My bad! I saw this and thought I would ask the questions. As for the introduction forum, yeah I dropped the ball big time on that one, didnt even see it. DOH, strike that one to stupidity.

Sorry Life Is 4 Livin, I hope you donttake offense, this was my screwup.

Welcome!

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
Read his sects site Texas. I think that may answer some of your questions.

I mean why isn't there a million muslim march on Washington or something like that asking for an end to terrorism?

I think he has already answered that ,Islam that is portrayed by extremist "Muslims", is not the Islam of 99.9% Muslims.

That is obvious. I was asking his/her opinion on way he/she thinks there are no major protest.

I have never in all the time I have been a part of this group ever received an answer to this question from anyone of the muslim faith. Life seems willing to open up so I asked an opinion that's all.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Thank you all for your compliments and yes Texas ConspiracyNut I do worry about my family in Pakistan; I do not want war with India becasue I have nothing aginst Indians or Hindus or even Bangladeshis for that matter. You are all very understanding that most Muslims are not extremsist. I wish the world had more people like on this board!

The fact is that the Middle East is very harsh on people who protest against the governing party and as the governing party has not really condemmed terrorist groups then protests would be against their law. Yes, occasionally they do happen but I really do agree that therte should be more but given the circumstances it would be diffcult - e.g. if such things were allowed then there would have to be pro-governmnet marches as well as anti. I think sumed up that is pretty much my view

Pleas voice your thoughs

LL1

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Nice to have you here, and for you to present your side. For sometime
here, myself and others have attempted to show members they should
not genralize, meaning not to lay a blanket statement on entire group of people.

Myself being a NY'er we meet people each day of so many Nationalities,
so we know not all people are "bad", it's an individual thing.
There's good and bad in all groups of people.

A lot of people have not met a Muslim, so they only know what
the media tells them.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
That's the best answer I've had in nine months. Finally an opinion.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I am just glad to be of help. Like I said I do not want to force my opinions onto anybody or argue with anyone but rather hear both sides of the story. For the newer participants to the thread email me at [email protected] or check out www.alislam.org or www.tombofjesus.com. I wish to more people could live with more information and DENY IGNORANCE (lol). Just 4 the record my name is Talha

Thanks

P.S Anyone got anything to add to that?

new topics

top topics

join