Saucer at the Tomb of Jesus

page: 5
29
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
there's a dude with wings attached to his back...so why would a flying temple start a UFO debate

at a guess, id say the temple is representing the house of god in the heavens

there are many depictions of Jesus rising up into the heavens



my point is... some people believe that Jesus was the son of God aka all powerful creator from heaven


some people believe that Jesus was a son of a god aka extraterrestrial from some where in space

if you believe in one you can hardly dismiss the other




posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
They are depictions of God's "flying chariots," as they are mentioned all throughout the Bible. A popular one being Ezekiel's wheel. And yes, they are saucer shaped and shiny.



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gibbajabba
It looks more like a temple of some kind than a ufo to me, it's got trees either side of it...


What makes you sure those are trees?

Don't look like trees.



posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by Aliensun
For those that insist that it is a "temple," I suggest that they review church building styles over the ages. Christians never built the round domedd buildings favored by Muslins these days.

I would simply explain the image as a ship of God and the downward flow of goodies to humanity.
But, hey, what do I knonw? I'm just a UFO abductee that believes all religions are the residue of early alien contact.

If you can't wonder if UFOs may have been present as recently as a couple of thousand years ago, you simply are not open to much "wondering." That would be your loss in trying to understand the whole phenomena.


Hi,

I'd urge you to perhaps keep the 'wondering' going, but review all the information. The picture shows a dome, it was commissioned to show a dome.

People need to remember these are not snapshots. In almost if not all examples of medievel art where it's claimed a UFO is shown, the actual artwork was commissioned by various churches to represent biblical scenes, which the artist has then done based on the styles of the day. You don't think the person who commissioned the art may question the content if it wasn't what was asked (and paid) for? I can only urge you to actually look at sites that have perhaps a little more of the historical background rather than go to a UFO site that simply shows the picture in the abstract and says how could could it not be a UFO. The link below is an excellent source of information if you don't mind your own mind perhaps being given a different perspective.... if you are willing to challenge your own beliefs.

www.sprezzatura.it...

Let's face it, many of you will not look, or if you do, you will call it disinformation because it doesn't fit with your preconceptions, but not much can be done about that.


The problem with your link is that it is the same explanation used over and over and over again suggesting that
the content within the artwork cannot possibly be extraterrestrial in origin.

The thing that people need to remember or begin to consider is that the whole ancient aliens theory is just a theory.
It is an idea about the past that is being used to try and offer a POSSIBLE explanation for unexplained phenomena.

Perception is not as complex as it seems. If there is a painting from the past and it has an unidentifiable object in the sky then there is a UFO in that painting.

Whether or not there is enough evidence of Mechanical Flying Objects containing an intelligent alien species inside, in the past, does not mean that the entire explanation can be tossed into the trash.



How different are you than the people who can't let go of preconceptions that you say will overlook your
"informative" link?



posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
MAYBE they built the temples that STYLE because they saw the UFO's and wanted to "honor them" by depicting them in their temple style??

I also believe in Yahweh and Yashuahs return....

I have ALSO seen a few ufo's, so from my standpoint I can see paralelles in the bible, not contradictions...

I believe in Yahweh, but religion makes me shudder in general as I feel it is mainly a tool to turn people away from Elohim with lies, baloney, fear, and a bunch of confusing crapola...



posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by blownaway
 





here we go ladies and gentlemen. note you steel my work i sue you. this is copy righted tm cmb here we go. We start off by looking at the following numbers 777 and 666 theyre are 3 numbers in each of the sets. first off take 2012 divide by 6 the answer will be 335.3333333333333 now divide by 3 (remember 3*2 is 6 three is also the number of numbers in 777..666 the answer is 111.777777777778 divide it now by 555 this number is associated with666 lucifers number research it but anyways. answer is0.20140014014014014014014 note the year 2014 can be made. divide this 111.7777777777778 by 5 you get 22.35555555555556 thats the caliber of a m16 and ar15 format us assault riffles military issue remmington 223 curent military ground combat round. now finally take 335 divide by 3 you get 111.6666666666667 notice 111 three marks also in hebrew this symbol is called a bob. represents 666 now divide by 5 = 0.2012012012012012 thats 2012!! all numbers used are from same scenarios relook over.copyright.



I have a feeling nobody will be "steeling your work" slick



posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RothchildRancor

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by Aliensun
For those that insist that it is a "temple," I suggest that they review church building styles over the ages. Christians never built the round domedd buildings favored by Muslins these days.

I would simply explain the image as a ship of God and the downward flow of goodies to humanity.
But, hey, what do I knonw? I'm just a UFO abductee that believes all religions are the residue of early alien contact.

If you can't wonder if UFOs may have been present as recently as a couple of thousand years ago, you simply are not open to much "wondering." That would be your loss in trying to understand the whole phenomena.


Hi,

I'd urge you to perhaps keep the 'wondering' going, but review all the information. The picture shows a dome, it was commissioned to show a dome.

People need to remember these are not snapshots. In almost if not all examples of medievel art where it's claimed a UFO is shown, the actual artwork was commissioned by various churches to represent biblical scenes, which the artist has then done based on the styles of the day. You don't think the person who commissioned the art may question the content if it wasn't what was asked (and paid) for? I can only urge you to actually look at sites that have perhaps a little more of the historical background rather than go to a UFO site that simply shows the picture in the abstract and says how could could it not be a UFO. The link below is an excellent source of information if you don't mind your own mind perhaps being given a different perspective.... if you are willing to challenge your own beliefs.

www.sprezzatura.it...

Let's face it, many of you will not look, or if you do, you will call it disinformation because it doesn't fit with your preconceptions, but not much can be done about that.


The problem with your link is that it is the same explanation used over and over and over again suggesting that
the content within the artwork cannot possibly be extraterrestrial in origin.

The thing that people need to remember or begin to consider is that the whole ancient aliens theory is just a theory.
It is an idea about the past that is being used to try and offer a POSSIBLE explanation for unexplained phenomena.

Perception is not as complex as it seems. If there is a painting from the past and it has an unidentifiable object in the sky then there is a UFO in that painting.

Whether or not there is enough evidence of Mechanical Flying Objects containing an intelligent alien species inside, in the past, does not mean that the entire explanation can be tossed into the trash.



How different are you than the people who can't let go of preconceptions that you say will overlook your
"informative" link?


How different am I? These paintings are relatively modern, as in their provenance exists so we know who commissioned them, who painted them, what their titles are and what they represent. That means we know if the painting is supposed to represent the passing of Christ into the kingdom of heaven, the object in a picture that looks like a temple is representing a temple and not an extra terrestrial craft. I'd say that's fairly straightforward with little else to say - wouldn't you?

Edit: Don't you think 'the same reason is used over and over again' tells you something? Possibly because it is the same reason. Anyway, you could go to any 'OMG!!!!! Aliens in Medieval art' site and see the same pictures with no historical information against them saying over and over again 'look at this, another alien craft!!!!'. Perhaps if that's what you want to see then why bother trying to educate yourself, the choice is yours.
edit on 12-12-2012 by something wicked because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
It's a temple, it's not hovering - the position of the haloes around the heads of the two characters at the bottom of the image make it look like it's hovering, that's all.



posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
To me the thing with the cross is the doorway to heaven and then theres the stairway to heaven. Maybe thats why it looks like its floating cuz its in heaven?



posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer
 


Its ironic, but Mankind CAN forge shapes and things to be representative of "Helmets" and "Crowns" without them being representative of "Interstellar Spaceships" piloted by "Intelligent Alien Lifeforms". The simplest answer is most often the correct one. Occam's Razor and all of that...
edit on 12-12-2012 by Eldensword because: ...ugh...Spelling, again!



posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazztrance
Ufo or temple ,doesnt matter, there are plenty of paintings of Mary and saucers. Museums have paintings from almost a thousand years ago depicting Mary getting beamed in the head bye a disk shaped object. ? Im sure most of you have seen these. The artists must have made a connection. They certainly didnt get the ideas from sci fi movies.


Yes, they got these ideas from Christian ideology. The "beam" is the Annunciation from the Holy Spirit, and is used artistically because there isn't any other obvious way to convey the meaning of "An idea was put into somebody's head" four hundred years ago.



posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
MAYBE they built the temples that STYLE because they saw the UFO's and wanted to "honor them" by depicting them in their temple style??


You mean, other than NEVER talking about these UFO's when they built their churches and temples?

They built them with domes, because domes are a practical architectural solution for a large impressive space without internal steel reinforcement, and they've been used as churches since the beginning. They're clearly the most common form of church design for centuries.

You may have heard of this rather famous one: Dome power

And this one. Big Dome

And this rather famous dome, designed by this Buonarotti dude.

edit on 12-12-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)
edit on 12-12-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)
edit on 12-12-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer
 


Well, If you ever come to visit Jerusalem, you will see that the old city is very dense and most allies and windows are arched. I think that what looks like a saucer is a representation of Jerusalem's old city. also, the church of tyhe seplecur has a grey dome on top, as seen in the photo. that is just how it looks like...

John



posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnWoodland
reply to post by purplemer
 


Well, If you ever come to visit Jerusalem, you will see that the old city is very dense and most allies and windows are arched. I think that what looks like a saucer is a representation of Jerusalem's old city. also, the church of tyhe seplecur has a grey dome on top, as seen in the photo. that is just how it looks like...

John


compare to this photo; en.wikipedia.org...:ChurchOfTheHolySepulcher1885.png



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by RothchildRancor

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by Aliensun
For those that insist that it is a "temple," I suggest that they review church building styles over the ages. Christians never built the round domedd buildings favored by Muslins these days.

I would simply explain the image as a ship of God and the downward flow of goodies to humanity.
But, hey, what do I knonw? I'm just a UFO abductee that believes all religions are the residue of early alien contact.

If you can't wonder if UFOs may have been present as recently as a couple of thousand years ago, you simply are not open to much "wondering." That would be your loss in trying to understand the whole phenomena.


Hi,

I'd urge you to perhaps keep the 'wondering' going, but review all the information. The picture shows a dome, it was commissioned to show a dome.

People need to remember these are not snapshots. In almost if not all examples of medievel art where it's claimed a UFO is shown, the actual artwork was commissioned by various churches to represent biblical scenes, which the artist has then done based on the styles of the day. You don't think the person who commissioned the art may question the content if it wasn't what was asked (and paid) for? I can only urge you to actually look at sites that have perhaps a little more of the historical background rather than go to a UFO site that simply shows the picture in the abstract and says how could could it not be a UFO. The link below is an excellent source of information if you don't mind your own mind perhaps being given a different perspective.... if you are willing to challenge your own beliefs.

www.sprezzatura.it...

Let's face it, many of you will not look, or if you do, you will call it disinformation because it doesn't fit with your preconceptions, but not much can be done about that.


The problem with your link is that it is the same explanation used over and over and over again suggesting that
the content within the artwork cannot possibly be extraterrestrial in origin.

The thing that people need to remember or begin to consider is that the whole ancient aliens theory is just a theory.
It is an idea about the past that is being used to try and offer a POSSIBLE explanation for unexplained phenomena.

Perception is not as complex as it seems. If there is a painting from the past and it has an unidentifiable object in the sky then there is a UFO in that painting.

Whether or not there is enough evidence of Mechanical Flying Objects containing an intelligent alien species inside, in the past, does not mean that the entire explanation can be tossed into the trash.



How different are you than the people who can't let go of preconceptions that you say will overlook your
"informative" link?


How different am I? These paintings are relatively modern, as in their provenance exists so we know who commissioned them, who painted them, what their titles are and what they represent. That means we know if the painting is supposed to represent the passing of Christ into the kingdom of heaven, the object in a picture that looks like a temple is representing a temple and not an extra terrestrial craft. I'd say that's fairly straightforward with little else to say - wouldn't you?

Edit: Don't you think 'the same reason is used over and over again' tells you something? Possibly because it is the same reason. Anyway, you could go to any 'OMG!!!!! Aliens in Medieval art' site and see the same pictures with no historical information against them saying over and over again 'look at this, another alien craft!!!!'. Perhaps if that's what you want to see then why bother trying to educate yourself, the choice is yours.
edit on 12-12-2012 by something wicked because: (no reason given)


you confused everything I said.

That link contained the same explanation over and over again as to why supposed UFO depictions in paintings in Classical Art and carved into stone cannot possibly be extraterrestrially influenced.

I'm not going to go over everything I posted just so that you can manipulate it to further express your limited viewpoint on the matter.



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RothchildRancor

How different am I? These paintings are relatively modern, as in their provenance exists so we know who commissioned them, who painted them, what their titles are and what they represent. That means we know if the painting is supposed to represent the passing of Christ into the kingdom of heaven, the object in a picture that looks like a temple is representing a temple and not an extra terrestrial craft. I'd say that's fairly straightforward with little else to say - wouldn't you?

Edit: Don't you think 'the same reason is used over and over again' tells you something? Possibly because it is the same reason. Anyway, you could go to any 'OMG!!!!! Aliens in Medieval art' site and see the same pictures with no historical information against them saying over and over again 'look at this, another alien craft!!!!'. Perhaps if that's what you want to see then why bother trying to educate yourself, the choice is yours.
edit on 12-12-2012 by something wicked because: (no reason given)



you confused everything I said.

That link contained the same explanation over and over again as to why supposed UFO depictions in paintings in Classical Art and carved into stone cannot possibly be extraterrestrially influenced.

I'm not going to go over everything I posted just so that you can manipulate it to further express your limited viewpoint on the matter.


So, because the links say what the actual subject matter is, and provide information about it in context of both the subject and the time it was created and it just so happens there is no reference to the possibility of them being influenced by ET, you think it's wrong - and you call my viewpoint limited? Hmmmmmm, ok.
edit on 13-12-2012 by something wicked because: ouch, changing the layout.
edit on 13-12-2012 by something wicked because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yesterday it was made known to me that the word 'occult' does not truly mean anything to do with evil, it just means hidden. So when you hear the aliens like occult, the freemasons like occult, that just means they like knowledge that is hidden from the world.

So I am admitting that most of the truth is probably hidden, which brings to to Jesus. I heard he went down to Egypt and learned magic from the secret Kabala, and came back up doing miracles.

I think it is true, that the aliens and Jesus know there is something secret and magical about true magic, and it is not evil as some people think today.



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
Yesterday it was made known to me that the word 'occult' does not truly mean anything to do with evil, it just means hidden. So when you hear the aliens like occult, the freemasons like occult, that just means they like knowledge that is hidden from the world.

So I am admitting that most of the truth is probably hidden, which brings to to Jesus. I heard he went down to Egypt and learned magic from the secret Kabala, and came back up doing miracles.

I think it is true, that the aliens and Jesus know there is something secret and magical about true magic, and it is not evil as some people think today.


So, where did you hear Jesus went to Egypt, for how long has Kabbalah been associated with magic (it's not secret, in fact it's the cult of choice for some famous people at the moment) and what has any of that to do with Extra terrestrial life?

Occult comes from the Latin word Occultus and one of its translated forms into English is 'hidden'. Not sure what you mean by it was made known to you, it's always had that as one version of its translation?



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by andypb

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by purplemer
 


Enlargement.
Click thumbnail:


Enlargement detail of figure to the right in the illustration.
Click thumnail.


Spacesuit?


Star and flag for the thread by the way.




Has anyone noticed the small white cross on top of the dome in the enlarged top pic.
That would make me think its a temple of some kind, and not a UFO.
edit on 11/12/2012 by andypb because: Added more info


The cross is a very ancient symbol way earlier then Christianity, maybe it came from the original UFO's.



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
Yesterday it was made known to me that the word 'occult' does not truly mean anything to do with evil, it just means hidden. So when you hear the aliens like occult, the freemasons like occult, that just means they like knowledge that is hidden from the world.

So I am admitting that most of the truth is probably hidden, which brings to to Jesus. I heard he went down to Egypt and learned magic from the secret Kabala, and came back up doing miracles.

I think it is true, that the aliens and Jesus know there is something secret and magical about true magic, and it is not evil as some people think today.


Very true, I wonder when we all became so scared at the words meaning hidden?


An apocalypse (Ancient Greek: ἀποκάλυψις apocálypsis, from ἀπό and καλύπτω meaning 'un-covering'), translated literally from Greek refers to a revelation of something hidden, although this sense did not enter English until the 14th century.[1] In religious contexts it is usually a revelation of hidden meaning - hidden from human knowledge in an era dominated by falsehood and misconception.


en.wikipedia.org...





new topics
top topics
 
29
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join