It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saucer at the Tomb of Jesus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
For those that insist that it is a "temple," I suggest that they review church building styles over the ages. Christians never built the round domedd buildings favored by Muslins these days.

I would simply explain the image as a ship of God and the downward flow of goodies to humanity.
But, hey, what do I knonw? I'm just a UFO abductee that believes all religions are the residue of early alien contact.

If you can't wonder if UFOs may have been present as recently as a couple of thousand years ago, you simply are not open to much "wondering." That would be your loss in trying to understand the whole phenomena.

Hi,

I'd urge you to perhaps keep the 'wondering' going, but review all the information. The picture shows a dome, it was commissioned to show a dome.

People need to remember these are not snapshots. In almost if not all examples of medievel art where it's claimed a UFO is shown, the actual artwork was commissioned by various churches to represent biblical scenes, which the artist has then done based on the styles of the day. You don't think the person who commissioned the art may question the content if it wasn't what was asked (and paid) for? I can only urge you to actually look at sites that have perhaps a little more of the historical background rather than go to a UFO site that simply shows the picture in the abstract and says how could could it not be a UFO. The link below is an excellent source of information if you don't mind your own mind perhaps being given a different perspective.... if you are willing to challenge your own beliefs.

www.sprezzatura.it...

Let's face it, many of you will not look, or if you do, you will call it disinformation because it doesn't fit with your preconceptions, but not much can be done about that.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
UFO Pickup 2000 years a go

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

As an artist myself, if the Vatican today, commissioned me to paint a painting of the Vatican's Telescope, gazing into space and looking at a comet, i would do it! I would also make it look as realistic as i could. However, 500 -1000 years from now, how do we know if religious believers looking at my painting would say: 'He was trying to portray a Vatican Death Ray, shooting down an evil rogue demon from hell, shooting across the heavens, in pursuit of an angel that just got its wings!!!" The truth is what you believe, what we all believe... The object looks like some type of craft, structure, object, flying, hoovering, floating in the air... With WINDOWS in a circular pattern, and a hollow under carriage, above a tent like shelter... That's something no one can deny... Now, to know if it has alien beings from Planet X in it, no one will ever know! But it does look like a flying object, more than a dome building in the air!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by theory101

As an artist myself, if the Vatican today, commissioned me to paint a painting of the Vatican's Telescope, gazing into space and looking at a comet, i would do it! I would also make it look as realistic as i could. However, 500 -1000 years from now, how do we know if religious believers looking at my painting would say: 'He was trying to portray a Vatican Death Ray, shooting down an evil rogue demon from hell, shooting across the heavens, in pursuit of an angel that just got its wings!!!" The truth is what you believe, what we all believe... The object looks like some type of craft, structure, object, flying, hoovering, floating in the air... With WINDOWS in a circular pattern, and a hollow under carriage, above a tent like shelter... That's something no one can deny... Now, to know if it has alien beings from Planet X in it, no one will ever know! But it does look like a flying object, more than a dome building in the air!

Be that as it may, but you are looking at this through 21st Century eyes, with a different set of cultural references than those the artist or the person who commissioned it had, and this isn't about trying to make it look as realistic as possible. Many pieces of art from the time will show Gods manifestation as a hole in the sky (sometimes depicted as an eye) with a beam of light shining down - to 21st Century Ancient Alien believers? That's an ET craft. All about perception and understanding the style of the day.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Jesus was an alien.. havent you guys figured it out by now ?

- Vatican keeps so much secrets of truth from its followers, to have masive control over the minds of the followers..

- Jesus' mother Mary was a virgin, a lady to take the alien boy and act as the mother figure to this child

- Jesus had miraculous abilities (mind power and able to connect with the life force, we have people today who can do this type of thing/healers)

- The cross symbol is much more then a shape, it has divine representation; demons and negaitive ETs flee when the cross is present and the name of Jesus the Christ is spoken from the victim..

There are so many points that the Christ himself was not a human incarnation. He was 'delivered' to this troubled world to help the backwards mankind.. to bring peace, and show humanity how to connect with the lifeforce or 'God'..
The translations from ancient Hebrew to english, I believe were intentionally 'altered' if you get what Im saying. The entire bible was re-written by those who use religion as a means to control many minds. Giving false hope, making people wait and beleive something will come physically..

Jesus in the Bible left messages for humanity; peace, connection, harmony, love, share/care with your neighboors as you would give to yourself, and LEAD YOUR OWN LIFE, DO NOT FOLLOW.

But when the Bible was re-written by these sick people with negative intentions (of control and hunger of power) they inserted a fictional character which readers of the Bible know as "LORD". Jesus never changed but this LORD character was very demanding and harsh on its 'followers'. This is how those reading the bible get used and manipulated; the order and demands of theis LORD character, put a fear in the follwer - if they do not follow exactly they will be banished to 'Hell' .. *sigh*

The entire story of the Bible and Jesus the Christ is so easy, you just ont take everything so literally; the LORD is ment to seem as the authority but this is a false character.... Jesus is the one who holds the connection to the 'God' Source, the one who brings the light and shows mankind how to BE and evolve COLLECTIVELY.

Jesus would never promote followers; just truth so everyone who listens can take this ways of life and apply into their own, and live long, happy

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt

Here is some cool pics to finish it off

Ancient illustrations of spacecraft

Its a stupid website name

Perfect example of ignorance being proudly paraded.

Please see my post above for actual facts about a lot of that art where it falls into the period it covers.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Looks like an umbrella covering a throne to me...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Have you even looked at your link? Half of the image links are broken, a great deal of the text is in Italian, and far from being 'facts', they are 'theories'.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Just as "elevenaugust" posted on the first page of this thread...

The Church of the Holy Sepulchre, also called the Basilica of the Holy Sepulchre, or the Church of the Resurrection by Eastern Christians, is a church within the Christian Quarter of the walled Old City of Jerusalem. It is a few steps away from the Muristan.

The site is venerated as Golgotha (the Hill of Calvary), where Jesus was crucified, and is said also to contain the place where Jesus was buried (the Sepulchre). The church has been a paramount – and for many Christians the most important – pilgrimage destination since at least the 4th century, as the purported site of the resurrection of Jesus.

en.wikipedia.org...

I would say that the reason it looks like a temple hovering in the air is because it's supposed to represent a direct pathway from Jesus to the temple of God or the kingdom of God in Heaven.

Maybe this picture will help some of you.

www.destination360.com...

edit on 11-12-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda

Have you even looked at your link? Half of the image links are broken, a great deal of the text is in Italian, and far from being 'facts', they are 'theories'.

It's an Italian site, partially translated to English - you afraid of doing some actual work?

Are you really, really so gullible to think the information on this site that has historical information on the names and background is more 'theory' than a site that says 'look at this, PROOF of alien life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' ? If so, then you want to go to a site aimed at the gullible for whom actual background isn't really important. There is a lot of that on here, admittedly, just depends if you want to believe every site that panders to your opinion or want to try and educate yourself.

ETA, just as a little extra, try this site. Nowhere near as comprehensive, but I know you may have trouble looking beyond any site that panders to everything being ET based.....

io9.com...
edit on 11-12-2012 by something wicked because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
Just as "elevenaugust" posted on the first page of this thread...

The Church of the Holy Sepulchre, also called the Basilica of the Holy Sepulchre, or the Church of the Resurrection by Eastern Christians, is a church within the Christian Quarter of the walled Old City of Jerusalem. It is a few steps away from the Muristan.

The site is venerated as Golgotha (the Hill of Calvary), where Jesus was crucified, and is said also to contain the place where Jesus was buried (the Sepulchre). The church has been a paramount – and for many Christians the most important – pilgrimage destination since at least the 4th century, as the purported site of the resurrection of Jesus.

en.wikipedia.org...

I would say that the reason it looks like a temple hovering in the air is because it's supposed to represent a direct pathway from Jesus to the temple of God or the kingdom of God in Heaven.

It's a difficult one. For many Jews, it was thought that Jesus would be a military leader, whose movement would lead to a third temple being built on what is now known as Temple Mount (the previous one being destroyed by the Roman Empire). I personally think the artwork is showing how through his sacrifice the temple exists, in the hearts and minds of the faithful but I am surmising based on the way the temple is not shown based on solid earthly foundations.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I dont mind looking at someones link, but I draw the line at translating foreign languages to try and prove someone elses points.Its a dreadful site that looks like it hasnt been maintained in years.

Where did I say anything about 'proof of alien life'? Stop trying to put words in peoples mouths.

Im quite prepared to believe some of the theories put forward, but thats all they are, and gone are the days where you can say 'its proof because this guy on a website says so'.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I personally think the artwork is showing how through his sacrifice the temple exists, in the hearts and minds of the faithful but I am surmising based on the way the temple is not shown based on solid earthly foundations.

I totally agree.

The Bible tells us that without Christ's death, none of us would have been able to enter the temple of God.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gibbajabba
It looks more like a temple of some kind than a ufo to me, it's got trees either side of it...

yes but look how far apart they are. there are trees only on the right of the picture. Look at all the space the suspected UFO has. and why would there be a painting of people in front of a temple?
edit on 11-12-2012 by Edgar806 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda

I dont mind looking at someones link, but I draw the line at translating foreign languages to try and prove someone elses points.Its a dreadful site that looks like it hasnt been maintained in years.

Where did I say anything about 'proof of alien life'? Stop trying to put words in peoples mouths.

Im quite prepared to believe some of the theories put forward, but thats all they are, and gone are the days where you can say 'its proof because this guy on a website says so'.

My apologies if I offended, but unfortunately those days have not gone, see for example the post headlining on ATS right now that starts 139 quotes....

Anyhow, sorry, google translate works on the site I linked to, and right clicking on any seemingly missing images does show them, but that site is an academic one - they don't get the attention the Ancient Alien loving ones do. As a taster at an opinion, please try -

io9.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Why don't we just look for the actual spot the artist may have been looking at when this was painted?
You know
Find the tomb of Jesus with proof that it is him and his...
Lol
That would answer a lot

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by violence=answer
Why don't we just look for the actual spot the artist may have been looking at when this was painted?
You know
Find the tomb of Jesus with proof that it is him and his...
Lol
That would answer a lot

The thing is, a) you won't find the tomb, that's the whole point and b) that's not really what the painting is representing in my humble opinion, it's what (if you wish to take a leap of faith and follow theology) his sacrifice was meant to mean. It's not supposed to represent an existing structure, the Romans would never have allowed someone crucified as a criminal to be buried in such a place. I'm sorry, but it's really not hard, just a little understanding of the history of the times. Do you on the other hand think that the Christian church commissioned an artist to paint a picture of a UFO? If not, then we can perhaps agree the painting is allegorical. If not, then you believe the Christian church (at the time you would really have to say the Catholic church) commissioned a piece of art showing an ET craft - knowingly? Well, you make your choice on that, but I know what the actual odds are and it isn't on the latter.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
yeahh... picture explained pretty well IMO in the first ten posts..

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
the tree tops represent the heavens

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The ufos in a incident art movement do make me laugh sometimes, as far as I am aware, and I have done some research (granted thre is a lot more that could be done on the subject) these ancient artworks are not actually photographs and in some cases look like something a child might paint in primary school, as such they are no more accurate than said child's paintings...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join