It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saucer at the Tomb of Jesus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well,
its made ~700 years AFTER the jesus thing so even if it really is that old, there is no cedibility or how ever that is pronounced in words. Look at the modern newspapers and how the stories vary. Imagine that but a lot slower over 2000 years. Add a few book burnings here and there and you can´t expect anything to be even 50% correct.
edit on 10-12-2012 by StareDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I like the hats, be good for berry picking.

If it is a building, what building would it be? A building that shape in the sixth century? Maybe it is a hot air balloon, they did have them in the sixth century in some areas of the world. Could be the artist thought you needed a ride for the ascension.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gibbajabba

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by elevenaugust

Conclusion: In the icon depicting "Mary at the tomb of Jesus" there is no UFO. The round object upon the tomb is the dome of the original Holy Sepulcher building in Jerusalem.

Yes but was the "Holy Sepulcher" a former copy of a UFO.

I love the subject of ufo's but it's statements like the two that you've made here that make people that are not into this subject think that we are all wacko crazy people

Wow really, you think art could not be imitating ancient knowledge. So strange how Christians can except a temple but not even think what may the "Pillar of Fire and column of Smoke" may have been.

I find your statement odd and narrow minded, hard to believe you have a genuine interest in the history of UFO's.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Char-Lee

now thats just TRYING to stretch things, its a temple, NO UFO HERE

Yes he was raised to life by a Temple easy to see that.

Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb. There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men". (Matthew 28, 1:4) The angel is like God’s seal of truth, his words are the Lord’s notarial deed: "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen just as He said. Come and see the place where he lay". (Matthew 28, 1:7)

I like all the temples in the old pictures hanging out in the sky.

edit on 10-12-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
Here's what I've found about this... roughly translated from Italian:

This small sacred image, dated between the sixth and tenth centuries and is part of a composition of various scenes from the life of Christ, is the arrival of the "pious women" at the tomb of Christ.

The number and names of the women vary in different gospels: Mary Magdalene and the other Mary Matthew, Mary Magdalene, Joanna, and Mary of James Luke, Mary Magdalene, Mary of James, and Salome, according to Mark, the only Magdalene seconds John. In this painting, however, those who approach the tomb is Mary the mother of Jesus (you can see the stars on the mantle), which makes us think of an apocryphal origin of the story. An apocryphal gospel in which Mary to go to the tomb of Jesus is that of Gamaliel, the sixth century.
In all the stories, however, women find the empty tomb, guarded by an angel who tells them not to despair because Jesus is risen.

Although this appears in many sites UFO "Saucer at the tomb of Jesus," reads a web page (www.bibleufo.com...), and "Notice the dome shaped object above the tomb. if it is a building why is it hovering? Also, what is the round object on top? "reads another (www.marsearthconnection.com...).

Instead, it is one of the very few pieces of the original appearance of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem ("Monks in arms, Sacred architecture of the Templars through the Mediterranean", 1995, p. 69-71). The holy place before the destruction wrought by the Sultan Hachim in 1009 and subsequent reconstructions, was composed of a newsstand supported by six columns, which was inside a building surmounted by a dome. Below the dome of the Holy Sepulchre in particular by printing the beginning of the XVI century and a photo of the 1958 Elia Kahvedjian:

Conclusion:

In the icon depicting "Mary at the tomb of Jesus" there is no UFO. The round object upon the tomb is the dome of the original Holy Sepulcher building in Jerusalem.

Source
edit on 10-12-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

this is top class research elvenaugust
kudos to you

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Conclusion: In the icon depicting "Mary at the tomb of Jesus" there is no UFO. The round object upon the tomb is the dome of the original Holy Sepulcher building in Jerusalem.

I love the subject of ufo's but it's statements like the two that you've made here that make people that are not into this subject think that we are all wacko crazy people

Wow really, you think art could not be imitating ancient knowledge. So strange how Christians can except a temple but not even think what may the "Pillar of Fire and column of Smoke" may have been.

I find your statement odd and narrow minded, hard to believe you have a genuine interest in the history of UFO's.

Hmmm do i waste my time with you on this one? I don't think so as common sense doesn't seem to be one of your strong points

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I like all the temples in the old pictures hanging out in the sky.

Both are two tapestries were created in the 15th century and are located at the French Basillica Notre-Dame in Beaune, Bourgogne.
Hat shaped objects can be clearly seen in both tapestries which depict the life of Mary. The second tapestry is entitled "The Magnificat" and the first tapestry's title is unknown.

This "UFO" can also be seen in the "Summer's Triumph" tapestry, created in Bruges, 1538, and located at the Bayerisches National Museum:

These tapestries and their odd "UFOs" have been extensively discussed here, on ATS, many times:
Christian art work reveals the truth...
UFO's in history
An Extra-Terrestrial Timeline
Ancient Astronaut Theory: The New, Oldest, and Only TRUE Religion
Ancient Anomalies and Aliens - Part 1: Art

...all of these thread offered at the time no explanation, leaving it as for "UFOs".

I've found on the Net alternative explanations, like "floating hats", "islands", "clouds".... But the most plausible and logical explanation so far IMO came from ATS member "Maroboduus" in its thread called "Debunking "UFO's" in Biblical Paintings created three months ago.

Let's quote him:

Originally posted by Maroboduus

This is a tapestry titled La Vie De La Vierge. Of key importance is the fact that it hangs in a church in Beaune, France. Also of key importance is that it was commissioned by Cardinal Jean Rolin.

The city in the background is Beaune, which was Jean Rolin's diocese at the time he commissioned this tapestry (he later moved to another diocese).

It was a common artistic practice at that time to signify ownership of a city or castle by portraying a possession associated with the owner in the sky directly above that city or castle, in close proximity to it.
Hmmm, i wonder what symbol was associated with Cardinal Jean Rolin, the guy who commissioned the painting and oversaw that particular diocese depicted in the background?
If only there was another painting of him which would let us know....

Hey look! There's a hat floating above him!

So, it was common to symbolize ownership by portraying something associated with the owner in the sky above the area in question, and Rolin was apparently associated with his ecclesiastical hat.
Let's look at the original painting again:

Three diocese, as symbolized by the three different flags which depict the heraldry of whoever "rules/owns" that diocese.
Floating above each diocese/heraldry.... a floating ecclesiastical hat, signifying the ownership of that diocese by the family represented in the heraldry beside it:

As I live in France, I guess that it could be easier for me to ask for confirmation (or not) at the dedicated diocese, if anybody is interested.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Hmmm do i waste my time with you on this one? I don't think so as common sense doesn't seem to be one of your strong points

Yes you waste your time and I will not offer personal insults because i disagree with your stance.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Another image of the reliquary - the contrast etc. is quite different:

I'd like to consider myself... a fairly 'literal' (and hopefully literate) Christian.
I believe that the Bible means what it says, and that the text contained therein was produced with intent... as the Bible itself says, "all Scripture is God-breathed, and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness".

With that said, I see no conflict whatsoever between the theories of UFO depictions in religious art, and Scripture. If God is God, it stands to reason that He and His technology would be far greater than anything we can comprehend... and would be utterly beyond the reasoning and comprehension of those who saw such things. Ezekiel is often used as an example of this, his vision of "wheels within wheels" etc. being a key text for many. Personally I think that the evidence for interdimensionality in the Bible is solid - and I believe that this is what's being reflected in some religious iconography.

...I mean, seriously, if you think the thing in the painting above is a hat, you have to ask yourself... just how stupid do you think the artist was?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Yes you waste your time and I will not offer personal insults because i disagree with your stance.

Read it back, you just completely contradicted yourself and have now verified to me that the cheese has indeed fell off the cracker

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
At the bottom of the object you can see a row of what looks like windows. If you look under the row of windows you can see what looks like more windows underneath. I think it's a UFO .

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yup....Jesus got picked up after all by his personal UFO....They see me flyin...they hatin.....

edit on 10-12-2012 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hell yeah that looks like a flying saucer. I believ I even see walkway leading from the center of the underside out toward the viewer? Wouldn't you love rummage through that secret vatican library? I think all you need is a valid drivers license and you can get right in.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

It just doesn't sit rite with me the fact that the painting depicts 2 beings far outside a temple or whatever it is. Wouldn't they be inside and why even have beings in a depiction of a holy place. It does look like a ufo is resting on a stick. It looks remotely nothing like a mosk or church. I clearly see two beings far outside a hovering spaceship.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

'There was a violent earthquake (Spaceship arriving), for an angel of the Lord had come down from heaven (the sky)'

'His appearance was like lightning (electrically illuminated), and his clothes as white as snow (space outfit)'

No matter which way you slice it us ancient alien enthusiasts can interpret our meaning out of any text.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

That's classic.
You know they'll be hatin.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Tip of the hat to you. Great work there.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by PurpleVortex

That's classic.
You know they'll be hatin.

All day errday

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Jesus wasn't buried at the tomb of the holy sepulchre, that place used to be a pagan roman temple.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
jesus and god are aliens... i personally beleave theyre comming back. 21/2012 that night. the rapture will happen ufo's alien abduction world wide massive. i have a mathimatical formula.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join