It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sesamol. The survival agent!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This topic is about sesamol(a natural antioxidant found in sesame seeds and sesame seed oil in small amounts). Sesamol is essential for survival. Sesamol can protect the body from mild radiation. It can protect from increased levels of ultra-violet radiation. It may have therapeutic benefits too. It may help prevent cancer. It can also be neuroprotective (protect the brain). It protects against UVB radiation. be prepared for increased radiation!
www.rrjournal.org...
link.springer.com...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... www.youtube.com... www.ijnpnd.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Nice try sesame seed salesmen

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Just don't use it to deep fry.

True Story:

It was fairly late one Sat. night and I really had a hankering to fire up my big double basket deep fryer. I head to the grocery store to get a gallon of vegtable oil, only to be disapointed that they are sold out.

I decide to get some frozen goodies, and go check out. The cashier was an elderly asian woman, and asked me if I found what I needed. I told her I was a little disapointed they didn't have any vegtable oil for frying. She tells me, "Oh! You can use sesame oil, very good to fry things in!". I tell her, "Oh! Can you hold onto my goodies here and let me run and get some?"

I run down the isles looking for sesame oil. I end up finding it in the "ethic food section" in tiny 20oz bottles. I end up buying all 6 bottles they had.

The cashier gives me an odd look, and I don't think anything of it.

I get home and pour all 6 bottles into my massive deep fryer and turn it up to 370F. I get my food ready...

Needless to say everything came out very dark. I should have known because the oil itself was almost as dark as motor oil.

For nearly two weeks my home smelled like a Thai place. The next time I went to the grocery store I saw the old woman and told her what I did. Her eyes got very big and she said, "Oh no! Not for deep fry -- pan fry! Oh you poor man! Hahaha!" We both laughed really hard.

Sesame oil, great for pan frying...not for deep frying.

Oh, people also use sterile sesame oil as a carrier for injectable intra-muscular drugs. *the more you know...*
edit on 10-12-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

new topics

join