It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran is next, guess why

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Iran is looking like being the next target for Dubya, and guess why?

However, Dr Mojarrad made it clear that Iran would prefer the payments to be denominated in euros, though invoiced in dollars. In fact, Iran has been in the forefront on insisting that payments settlements among the ACU member countries be permitted in alternative currencies including the euro. All payments settlement between the ACU members is currently done in dollars.

www.blonnet.com...

Iran, the world's No. 5 oil exporter, has also openly mulled a move into euros.

www.globalpolicy.org...

Iranian sources stated that their banking colleagues felt particularly hassled as Washington heated up its war of words and threats of military intervention. This encouraged Tehran to abandon the dollar payment for oil sales and switch to the euro. Iran also moved the majority of its reserve fund to the euro. (Iran is the latest target of the U.S., which has interfered by stirring up opposition forces, and making covert threats.)

www.thirdworldtraveler.com...

Venezuela has also begun pricing it's oil differently, allowing 'bartering' for goods and services rather than payment in dollars. This is the same Venezuela whose president, Hugo Chavez (who also supports pricing in euros) survived a US sponsored coup.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Iran is next and I think it will be just before the elections so that George can get the most votes. MY opinion.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Russia has also been talking about pricing their oil in euros, that'd be a REAL vote-winner, but i don't think coke-boy has the cajones to go after them.

[edit on 23-10-2004 by Chris McGee]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
blah blah blah .....

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Actually it may be a aerial assault but ground is out of the question. Reasons? not enough manpower and troops to do the job right now and also not enough funds.

Personaly without provocation from Iran, it will be a suicide mission for bush on top of the fiasco in Iraq and it will definitly cost him the election for sure, US can not go into Iran on ground troops with out a draft.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Do you think that'll stop them from trying? Personally I don't think they're done with Venezuela yet, watch for more US action there. The only damping factor would be the Ayatollah's will. If the US begins sanctions or bombings, will they just give up and stick with the dollar?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well Venezuela is not top priority now due to the fact that US had his hand on the Iraqi oil now, so Venezuela is not doing anything illegal to the international comunity.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well, it could be as much as ten years before Iraq regains full production of oil. Their infrastructure is not only screwed by sabotage but is criminally out-dated. Costs to update are estimated to be 5 billion US per year for the next ten years.

Venezuela supplies 15% of US oil supplies. If this is not priced in dollars it means the US treasury can no longer print dollars to pay for it (or get it 'free'). I'm just waiting for Bin Laden to turn up in Venezuela.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chris McGee
. I'm just waiting for Bin Laden to turn up in Venezuela.

ha, ha, ha, good point but the US is going to have a hard time to bend Venezuela because they Chavez has cojones he is his people favorite and he has show US that his is gvernment and people is not afraid of them.

He has plans for south america from deals with argentina in exchange of oil,he wants a Latin American tv channel, and he wants a South American finacial isntitution, and a gas pipeline through colobia. He cares about his people.

I don't think that US is going to be able to pull out another nicaragua or guatemala.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
You're probably right, marg6043, this site has a lot of info on it:

venezuelafoia.info...

And lo and behold:

Another South American hub of Arab terrorism has emerged recently in northern Venezuela near the border with Colombia. Thousands of terrorists now occupy an unknown number of camps in that region, and move about with the support and collaboration of the Venezuelan government. President Hugo Chavez plays host to a growing horde of Middle Eastern terrorists from some of the USA�s most notorious enemies, including Libya, Saddam�s Iraq, Syria, Egypt and Pakistan.

www.frontpagemag.com...

Do these people think we're idiots? Do they think we can't see what they're doing or do they just not care?

It's like my 4 year old nephew trying to manipulate me to get him a burger and thinking he's being really clever. (I always get him the burger btw, he's just too cute sometimes)

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
the election is less then 2 weeks off you fools. mind telling me just WHEN an attack on iran is going to take place? you really think you're just going to wake up one morning and find out we had bombed the country overnight? one other thing, the number of people that keep toting bush will attack another country before the election are beyond counting. i'm just curious what the credibility of those people will be if their predictions never come to fruition?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
You know I can not believe the link, whao, now they are linking Venezuela to Terroirsm Chavez is going to be tag as part of the (AXIS of EVIL) what is going on with our government? now anybody that does not bend to its will has ties to terror.

That is the lowest that a country like US can go.

You know I am starting to believe the NWO theory !!!!!!!!FOR REAL!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I realised the same thing a couple of weeks ago. ALL of this is about preserving dollar hegemony. Without that, the US will be just another country. Every economy in the world was wrecked after WWII except the US. Through that strength, the US govt has come to dominate the world. In the most part, this has been a benign dominance, our 'Big Brother' looking after us all, now it is starting to fall away, the US is showing it's teeth.

edit: and arab terrorists in south america, are they serious?

[edit on 23-10-2004 by Chris McGee]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the links Chris McGee may be you will like to start another thread on "Venezuela links to terrorist groups" this is the first time I had any knowleage of venezuela and any terrorist groups.

Sorry for getting away from the original thread.

[edit on 073131p://666 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
no problem, always happy to help.

new topics

top topics

join