It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Spock! The Star Trek Medical Tricorder Is Real

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Niiiiice one!
We're a pretty schizo species aren't we?
I read all kinds of crap today happening around the world. And then I read about someone making a freaking Tricorder...
All in all, we might still have a chance guys.
We just have to be a little more consistent.

S&F for ya!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dowot

Yes i have been waiting for Grove meter but it has not cleared yet here in EU. And inhaled insulin as you mentioned some type 2 have been tested and its not suitable for type 1 when your pancreat doesn´t make any insulin at all.. too risky.
edit on 10-12-2012 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Live long and prosper II//

Beam me up Scottie!

On a serious note, this is very interesting OP. The wonders of technology never cease to amaze me and the potential is beyond comprehension.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Another miracle of modern science.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This is going revolutionize the EMS field. Working remote sites in EMS, and not having to send someone to town for labs to check for flu, strep, etc will be a very nice addition to the bag'o' tools to use in the field. This will also eliminate non urgent medivacs, as well as cost of travel, emergency room visits, and lab fees as well... This will be a great tool.

Grim

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
So, I was watching the commercial for the "Scanadu" device on their website...

Scanadu

and I heard the man in the commercial say,

"Instead of hearing about a viral outbreak on the news, imagine if you got an alert that was tailored to your family's needs."

All I could think about was a massive zombie virus outbreak, or something equally disturbing.

I thought it was quite...interesting...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

I'm ready for it.. bring it on...

Grim

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

SCOUT will not be disposable, though. The unit is a tiny hardware device that reads your vital health information on contact. You simply place it on the left temple and, in less than ten seconds, it will read your pulse transit time, heart rate, electrical heart activity, temperature, heart rate variability and blood oxygenation. Then it sends this information to an app on your iPhone or Android phone, which displays it for you. You can even store your vitals for tracking, which could prove fundamental to many health situations at home.

Watching SCOUT at work was something almost magical, like having one of those giant health monitoring units reduced to a slice of plastic that fits on the palm of your hand. Which, actually, is exactly how it became to be.

I avoided getting one of those damned phones for so long... And now it seems I finally have no choice!

This is *Brilliant*. Definitely going to be grabbing one the moment they are on the market.
As for those ''smart'' phones, reluctancex10

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious

Originally posted by longlostbrother

Lol.. the tech in star trek is pretty primitive by today's standards..

Minus warp drive, teleportation, phasers, etc.

All controlled by buttons and knobs..

Buttons and knobs have more to do with user interface preference than how advanced the tech of the time is. For instance as a consumer I would rather have a knob to control volume on a audio system than voice recognition. I would choose a key with buttons to unlock my car over thumb print scanning. Not everyone would, but that's my point

I would love love love a spaceship with knobs and buttons

edit on 11-12-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well no Xprize winner but I guess it's a start,to win the 10 mill the device needs to take critical measurements as well as diagnose 15 separate diseases.

Tricorder xPrize

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
No thank you... it sends the info to your iphone or android device and then most likely out to every info pimp on the planet.

"Oh so sorry Mr Evans we won't be able to give you a mortgage due to the fact that your most recent med scans indicate that you may have cancer."

No thank you. Wake up people!

When as a race we do away with greed and selfishness I will be on board for all of this cool stuff. Until then it's buyer beware.
edit on 12-12-2012 by WHYFIGHT because: cuz there was just a bit more i wanted to say...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Obviously, the good doctor left his tricorder lying around somewhere. Now we are in for it.
But seriously............
Another poster indicated his concern that information about your health could be stolen and used against you.
This is possible and IMHO should be seriously considered.
Also this could lead to a push for "implants" to facilitate expansion of the efficacy of the device. For your own good, ya know.
Hmmmmmm.........
Resistance is futile........

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is really nothing new, as all the things this "Tricorder" does can be done cheaply with products easily found online. They just combined them into an awkward looking block. Until it can AT LEAST also do blood glucose, cholesterol, blood pressure, and run some basic lab work, it will not be anything close to a tricorder.

The defense industry and deep black world projects already have true tricorders, although the biggest difference is that the tricorders in the black world interface with a small network of implanted sensors that will relay vital, incredibly detailed, data to the "tricorder" device. It can even interface with a small ultra-thin pager like device to constantly monitor one's system for any pathogens and to alert individuals on changes in their health. I was made known of this technology about a decade ago, so I estimate we will start seeing early versions of that in another 5 to 10 years, transition from medical to home settings.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm guessing this device comes with a free RFID implant?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Ummm....Right, transporters, warp drive, Holodeck, replicator.......and no....the printer versions dont qualify and the Kinect either for that matter.

YouSir

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This topic and thread has been chosen to be discussed by the ATS LIVE crew this Saturday between 6-9pm pst as part of this weeks Turbo Topics segment.

LOW BANDWIDTH STREAM NOW AVAILABLE - We now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections. You can connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here.

www.shoutcast.com...

We are still running at 256kbps through the ATS Player, and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at www.illustrial.net...

For more information and past shows, be sure to check out the ATSLive Show Threads Here.

Hope you'll listen in!
Johnny

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

I don't know if you've gotten my pm, but I'd be very interested in hearing more about this device and anything else you would like to share regarding the deep black world.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
What about the food replicator? NOW THAT WOULD BE NEWS

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouSir

Ummm....Right, transporters, warp drive, Holodeck, replicator.......and no....the printer versions dont qualify and the Kinect either for that matter.

YouSir

your thoughts and opinions are silly and not valid therefore I wish I could reach through my computer and slap you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join