It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the meaning of life to you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm going to start out by mentioning that I'm not starting this post to criticize anyones personal interpretation. The only reason I'm posting this is to see others interpretations of their existance. I admit that even myself would be one to evaluate anothers interpretation critically but everyone needs to decide for him or herself the point of experiencing what they feel everyday.

Here goes nothing. I find that with my personal values of existence the only point is actually very simplistic. We are both (dependent on the comparison) dumb and intelligent. Alright, I will get to my point. The only point of existence for myself is whatever you decide. We all understand the free will of humanity. It consumes the essence of all of us. Some of us view our nature negatively for the most part and some are experiencing it vice versa. Wether the outcome is good or bad. its all an intense 3-D ride with multiple senses.

That brings up a good question. Why do we experience such disgusting experiences? This one is difficult to establish. I have a gut feeling it has something to do with the nature of our universe. We persist and survive the odds. In the context of life itselfs, the destruction that consumes breeds new conciousness. Take the cycle of anything in this universe. In order for anything to exist something had to have died to establish itself. There is a cycle and a span for all existence. As long as a star or as short as fly to give an example.

The nature of our reality will always remain an enigma in our current experience without the intervention of true higher knowledge. I am speculating with my own personal experience. If someone actually had that higher knowledge, then I would have to ask this. How can you prove it with our simple senses? These questions in some simple forms can be answered. The only problem is misinformation.

In the end, only truth can exist just as it has before. The ultimate goal is not to delve to much into the truth. Just experience it the best you can.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

What's the meaning of life to you?

To experience. There is no other point to being alive, because in the end, memories are the only thing you have to keep you company in your travels to the next world. If you are not experiencing, you are not alive.

That's why they say to "get a life". Get outside, go see a movie, kiss a girl, bungee jumping or skydiving, experience something, LIVE!! Make yourself glad for your life.

That's how I see it.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
My philosophy on the meaning of life is pretty simple.

Life is the school, Love is the Lesson.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by religiousmurder
We are both (dependent on the comparison) dumb and intelligent.

Good thread. I feel like "comparison[s]" have a lot to with life. But life is too much to think about for me. "Where ever you go, there you are."

I have a feeling though, valuable information will be presented by 2013. Hopefully information that helps explain Life.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Life is an adventure, not a game. To live is the only meaning of life.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Sit back and try to enjoy the ride, and when you're at it, do something good for humanity and earth

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
To have a temporary experience on a physical plane as a human, to learn, and grow for future incarnations. Something along the lines of that. To find oneself. Remember that which was once forgotten. That is the "abstract" perspective to view life objectively.

Viewing the earth as an institution of learning along with all of its many experiences to which we directly or indirectly go through throughout our multitudes of incarnations whether it be attributed to karma/karmic debt and whatnot. Our bodies as vessels which our soul inhabits. All of our many lessons or things we must strive through or learn, all of it temporary, and meant to self-benefit us on an entirely different level of that which the current physical world is bound to.

"You're alive, live."

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
To answer the question in the title.

My best take of the meaning of life is to get closer to God and the evolution of the soul through experiences good and bad. Progression is natural in life, one starts a baby and progresses to a more capable toddler, then child, teen, adult, so on and throughout we go through "life lessons" in hopes that we DO learn and become better souls.

If you are religious (I am) making decisions based on your faith is a great way to live and progress to a better eternity. It only makes sense that if at the end of your life you made good decisions and are ultimately happy, you will transcend happily, if you've made poor or terrible choices up to that point, then (to me) it makes sense that your transition will be one of despair.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceCowboy78

Isn't that the same as someone telling you what to decide, instead of learning to make decisions for yourself?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

If it were only that simple
religion tells you what you SHOULD do but its up to ones free will to decide.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
i believe that the meaning of life is to learn...but not for profit or political gain we should aim to learn in order to better ourselves and discover answers to questions we can't possibly imagine..... and i don't believe that when our bodies die our consciousness dies with it.....i think consciousness is energy and energy does not die it merely changes state.....

this is just my opinion i have no basis of fact or sources to back up this claim... it's simply what i choose to believe based on what i have learned and experienced

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I believe their is a certain reason behind why we are here; be it a lesson, or training for something bigger, I'm not sure, but their has to be a reason, we have evolved too much for there to not be.

I believe love plays are big role, and not just love as in a partner, wife etc. Animals (or pets) family, then wifes, partners, children. These bonds are too strong and something is there I just can't pinpoint.

But with love comes the inevitable despair that will be experienced when you lose the ones you love. This also ties in somewhere, with a universal message, or a universal lesson.

Life is just a really BIG school in which we ALL graduate from.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I believe the purpose of life is self-betterment and understanding. That, and making the best of the time we've got.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
i personally have mixed feelings. i think life may be a test of the one we call god. are it may be a computer simmulation that one makes me want to throw up. also i have bipolar dissorder. but i some times get depersonalization derealization its scarry its like a outer body exp. and words cannot describe it but ill try. you feel like you dont know youre own family its like just meeting them you dont wanna move because when youre vision changes you think youre walking through deminsions its scarry. youre mind blanks out ur in the kitchen before u blink youre in a car riding with some one with a dumb look on youre face thinking how did i get here? the more scared you get the worse it gets when you max out you have a full outer body exsp while youre physicall body is walking in circles. you would rather die than be stuck like that. i got stuck in it for two weeks once. rarely happens now a panic attack can make me have a short version of it. so life to me is just a big quistion wht r we?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
sorry for no periods. i was trying to make it all fit. i do beleave scientific world and religous world seem to co exist. esp quantum physics energy n all. i dont beleave in big bang if nothing at all exist to make the explosion possible i mean not even empty space it cant happen. have any of you seen anything form from something that dont even exist? no you havent because for every action their is a reaction. nothing to become a action nothings gonna happen. so i dont know what happens when we die i beleave in god but iam not a nut case if my leg is cut off i want dance with a snake. are tell god fix me iam bleeding out ima fix a tournicate and thank god i was wearing a shirt. and thank god iam not a complete idiot. supper religous equals insanity if you beleave in a after life hard enough you want fear death. if you dont fear death you will indeed die. life i think life will never have a straight answer. i think god is an alien btwy. no offense doesnt change the fact i beleave.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
one last thing about life. iam tired of every one saying lets become one with the universe. youre stupid my friend d#t is not real. it is not the same thing as a near death exp trust me near death exp is alot more realistic. i think the dream molecule how it works is static from synapses in the brain. ever notice when you astrial travel youre guide takes a minute to give you theyre name? thats because youre mind is making it up. no offense feel the inside of youre throat youll feel it move. i have yet to see where meditation pays off my grandma smoked 5 packs a day and lived to be 98 most of u want see 65! im 25 and know iam going soon. its just where and what exactly that will be. but i can guarentee not a wave in the cosmic gate... so stupid. things in this world make sense dmt does not give you knowledge most shamans die end of story. at young ages. do i beleave in magic some what i saw a guy kill three people with it. but that dont mean it wasnt coincedence i beleave in ghost.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
@blownaway

I've been there too, my DP/DR can get so bad sometimes, I have major panic attacks just realizing my arms moving and my skin and all that sort of nonsense. I used to be fine, I got on with life like everyone else, than one day it was like a switch was flipped and my whole view and perception changed.

I am anxious 99% of the day, that 1% is when I am medicated (clonzepam) lol The rest of the time, like I am now, is noticing how weird it looks with my hands typing this comment. My doctor supposedly says it is DP/DR and that it is caused by hyperventilation and I should do my breathing exercises, but most of the time it is so bad and the panic attacks come on so strong, I just can believe that would cure it.

I don't know if you get this feeling, but its like a thought that leads to this instant weird perception like a steam train just hit me with raw and sometimes unwanted truth, and I become completely frozen with fear. At times I feel unable to live like this, yet I don't want to die either, so I just have to put up with it. A very horrible way to live, and most of the time I feel like I am going insane.

However, I don't get the black outs you mentions, where you wind up somewhere else, but I have lost most of my long term memory, as well and short term... to say the least I am a mess and that moment, and anyone else out there, be sure to know your not alone.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
There is no meaning to life except the meaning you create. All that you see is a creation. You and god are not separate. The creation, however, is not you. You are the watcher of the creation. The thoughts in your body's head are mere creations. Your body is a creation.

All confusion and delusions on this earth are due to one thing and one thing only. The creation believes that it is real. Only the creator is real. The creation must realize that everything about it and everything it knows is a creation– it's made up. Then the creator may be revealed.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
To mean.

Does that make sense?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by religiousmurder

The meaning of life is what you make of it. Everything is equal.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join