It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Stamp Use Up 1.44 million in Just One Month

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

What is this child talking about? Different log ins? Are you saying you intentionally edited that because you thought we were the same person!?!?!

We are not.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DoYouEvenLift

Oh yeah, sure.
Show me please.

link   
reply to post by macman

yeah yeah, sure ... mr i have all the answers but don't bother me cause i'm busy caring for my own ... got it.
that pretty much says it all, doesn't it ?

link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
reply to post by macman

What is this child talking about? Different log ins? Are you saying you intentionally edited that because you thought we were the same person!?!?!

We are not.

Yeah, ok then.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift
reply to post by NavyDoc

This tired argument..

How can someone that doesn't know how to do math be expected to read a book?!?!

Got to be a tad more specific. One problem with a website that has a "reply to" without quoting button, is that sometimes you don't know what another person is referencing.

If you are referring to the comparing the salary of a government employee to a welfare benefit, the actual amount has nothing to do with the underlying principle--that one gets payment for a service provided and the other gets payment for nothing.
edit on 11-12-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

What service is being provided by a government employee?

It depends on what is required. One assumes that a firefighter puts out fires, for example.
firefighters are not employees of the Federal government, try again.

1). How is this discussion limited to the federal government?
2). I know several federally employed firefighters.
www.fs.fed.us...
Employment qualifications for federal firefighters PDF

The Federal Fire Department
As an employee of a federal fire department you are employed by a federal agency. This can be as a structural firefighter, wildland firefighter or both depending on the entity and service area. Such entities include the U.S. Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, a Veterans Affairs facility, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife or any number of other federally operated departments that employ fire service personnel. It may also fall under one of the branches of the U.S. military who often employ civilian fire personnel at various federally owned and operated bases or other military sites.

Are you still going to spout off on stuff you have not a clue about?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink
reply to post by beezzer

no growth doesnt just mean automation (that is definitely a part of it though... why hire workers when you can make a one time investment that will pay off for decades) but its an inevitability that most jobs are going to be done by machines in the future and they are increasingly as we speak
so whats going to happen then when the business owners have no need for workers?

Who makes the robots? Oh yeah, people.

problems rise when you dont have enough revenue to pay for mandatory spending so yes you need to raise taxes if your spending is going to increase (and it will SS and medicare have nowhere to go but up) and if money is going overseas while jobs are lost here the only way to increase revenue is to increase taxes
its not a knee jerk reaction thats necessary

Mandatory spending??
Determined by whom?

Oh yeah, the government.

my solution would be to give tax breaks to domestically operating companies and tax increases for those working overseas
what are your thoughts on that?

Flat tax, No exceptions, no exemptions. For everyone. whether you make 20K or 20 billion.

and you seem to be somewhat split on globalism on one hand you support companies doing anything in their power to increase profits (after all thats what theyre for right?) and at the same time say "ef global markets"
whether you like it or not global markets mean that companies have the option of producing their product wherever is going to be most profitable for them and if its not the absolute cheapest domestically they will move overseas and that means lost jobs and lost revenue (but the necessities that must be paid for through taxation remain the same)

I'm not split, I just don't care. Wealthy folks can do whatever they want. I don't have the obsession with other peoples money like some do.

ill not respond to the rest of your points as they are going to be largely opinion based and i would rather not open that can of worms
edit on 11-12-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

That'll just keep me up all night.

edit on 11-12-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

yeah yeah, sure ... mr i have all the answers but don't bother me cause i'm busy caring for my own ... got it.
that pretty much says it all, doesn't it ?

Oh I'm sorry, do I need to run your life, along with mine as well??
Or are you big boy enough to handle your own problems??

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

my solution would be to give tax breaks to domestically operating companies and tax increases for those working overseas

That is called protectionism and never works.

so we should compete with the likes of china and africa on wages?
can you cite some examples of when this has not worked (that do not include entirely foreign entities trying to penetrate markets through coercion of military force ....because after all we are talking about domestic entities operating abroad)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Oh yeah, sure.
Show me please.

Oh please, you had made so many unqualified statements of logical fallacy in this thread that you do not have the social capital to demand that anyone show you anything.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
The progressives on this site and this thread see government as a solution to all our problems.

The rest of us see government as the cause of all these problems.

dictators see government as the cause of all their peoples problems, is that what you are advocating?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

unless you've paid the tax rates of the 70s, you don't know what being taxed too much is ... it's never happened since.

yes, we do, in some cases but a hungry person, should always come first.
do you feed yourself before your children ?
do you feed yourself before your pets/animals ?
do you feed yourself before your guests ??

if you answer yes to any of the above, that's not surprising.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by NarrowGate

This post right here.

reply to post by NarrowGate

Not a single one of those quotes which says originally posted by AfterInfinity was actually posted by me. Scan this entire thread, you'll see I didn't post any of those quoted selections. Since you had nothing to quote, it had to be done manually, which requires a certain amount of knowing exactly what you're doing.

These things are hardly comparable to being struck by lightning. Thanks for playing though

You want to play what ifs, that is a what if. I did enjoy playing. That was fun to point that out.

I am only educated as far as a high school diploma, but they taught me about discussion and a form of logic.

Ok, now that is kind of weird, but sure.

Then I read the Bible, and I learned about context, logic, and proper discussion! That is where most of my education lies, so don't tell me about my sentence structure.

Sure sure.

The way it works is you brought up invalid points, I brought up valid points, you refuse to refute said valid points with anything other than "what if you get hit by lightning"...

Yeah sure.

All of those quoted sections with my username on them? Not a single one of them is legitimate. I don't know what game you're playing here, but I don't like it. Not one bit.

edit on 11-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I did not manually edit anything and my character would show that. i am not saying they are legitimate, I am saying I did not edit any of that. If someone did, it was not me. Mods could you shed some light on what the heck just happened and who did the editing? From my best guess, it was macman.
edit on 11-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

Does anyone else see this? combine that with macman's non-stop accusations and you have a good idea of what happened. I am sure it is logged for the mods to sort out.

Mods, please inform myself and AfterI of what actually happened. We have been engaging in multiple discussions, and I would like his opinion of me not to be less than it already is. No AfterI that does not mean I actually care what you think about me, but if you chose to continue one of our discussions that is somewhat important to me, this would hurt my credibility with you. I would never resort to such dishonest and childish tactics.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

That is called protectionism and never works.

so we should compete with the likes of china and africa on wages?
can you cite some examples of when this has not worked (that do not include entirely foreign entities trying to penetrate markets through coercion of military force ....because after all we are talking about domestic entities operating abroad)

Oh, I get it. You offer taxing out of country companies at a higher rate, called out on that as being protectionism and now want ME to provide where it works???

Surely you are joking.

You offered it, you do the homework.

Here, because I am COMPASSIONATE, I will give you a crumb to feed on, much like the Govt.
news.cnet.com...

Your welcome.

Now, if you use my source, you must adhere to a drug test every month and some other things later down the road.

Or, you can provide for yourself and not be beholden to me.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by beezzer
The progressives on this site and this thread see government as a solution to all our problems.

The rest of us see government as the cause of all these problems.

dictators see government as the cause of all their peoples problems, is that what you are advocating?

NOPE.

Dictators see a fracking candystore. They are narcisistic, sociopathic egomaniacs. (see Washington DC for examples)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Wow this thread is still going...

I ran away from it because this topic makes me emotional, I got smacked down the other day from the mods. I ignored it for days because it causes a paradox in my thinking. I am a huge fan of freedom...I think we don't have enough of it and if we did, people could take care of themselves. BUT...we live in a police/nanny state where we are not really free and regulations choke the creativity from us. I do not want to see people hungry, homeless and suffering. It hurts my soul. I want people to be free to do whatever they need to do to be secure....you know...a roof over their head, food on the table and a couple of nickels in their pockets...

I will always believe the real answer we seek is more freedom, more creativity...no one is going to ever convince me that more laws and rules are the answer to our problems...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

"
Who makes the robots? Oh yeah, people. "

so you honestly think that building machines is going to employee enough people? really? .... i mean that seriously because im fairly certain you dont believe that ...i would hope not anyway

and again ill refrain from addressing your other points as youve strayed from facts and waddled right back into opinion territory

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

As a member of the US armed forces, you should understand the phrase "It is the responsibility of the strong to protect the weak" quite well.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Oh, boo-hoo. I shall cry in the corner because a new member here has decided that I don't posses the intellectual capacity to understand Protectionism and BS when I see it.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

unless you've paid the tax rates of the 70s, you don't know what being taxed too much is ... it's never happened since.

yes, we do, in some cases but a hungry person, should always come first.
do you feed yourself before your children ?
do you feed yourself before your pets/animals ?
do you feed yourself before your guests ??

if you answer yes to any of the above, that's not surprising.

Do you empty out your neighbor's refrigerator to feed your guests? 'Cause that is what you want. Mac gladly helps out others, he's said it multiple times in this thread. There is a big moral difference between helping people out yourself and getting a third party to force a person to give to another. One ismoral, one is not.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

"
Who makes the robots? Oh yeah, people. "

so you honestly think that building machines is going to employee enough people? really? .... i mean that seriously because im fairly certain you dont believe that ...i would hope not anyway

and again ill refrain from addressing your other points as youve strayed from facts and waddled right back into opinion territory

You reply with opinion and fail to respond in kind.

Very telling.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join