Food Stamp Use Up 1.44 million in Just One Month

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Hey....we could always return to "debtors prisons"

I don't remember anyone advocating that.

Guess what, if you look into it, a lot of the people on food stamps and public assistance cheat. They even teach each other how to scam the system. I've heard the conversations personally.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Anyone care to guess how much of the US population will be on foodstamps at the end of Obama's second term?

still licking your wounds eh.

it would have been no different if romnoid would have won, or do you feel we would be adding a half million manufacturing jobs currently if your posterboy would be in?

unless you're blaming the whole lot, our infamous 535, then you're just blowing smoke up someones ass.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Guess what, if you look into it, a lot of the people on food stamps and public assistance cheat. They even teach each other how to scam the system. I've heard the conversations personally.

That is complete crap!

Sure there are people that try to cheat the system, but the majority of the people on assistance are working! It is sad and disingenuous that people have to demonize those in need and resort to calling them lying cheats.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Anyone care to guess how much of the US population will be on foodstamps at the end of Obama's second term?

it would have been no different if romnoid would have won, or do you feel we would be adding a half million manufacturing jobs currently if your posterboy would be in?

unless you're blaming the whole lot, our infamous 535, then you're just blowing smoke up someones ass.

Speculation. Deflection.

My question still stands.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Speculation. Deflection.

well if you want a guess, i would say by the time obamas term is up so will be our luck, because by then our world financial system will have imploded due mainly to the global banking cartel and their insatiable appetite, for everyone else money. you can still sit in your little corner and pout about the election though, if that makes you feel better.

link   

Speculation. Deflection.

Your question itself was an exercise in speculation...was is not? Or was it a partisan jab, Beezer?

link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Well, based on historic behaviors from the "Tolerant" left, they should LOVE the idea of starving these "Republicans" to death! I'm actually quite stunned that they haven't done so yet!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
First, food stamps doesn't always equate to unemployment. There are many working poor.

link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Originally posted by butcherguy

That is complete crap!

Sure there are people that try to cheat the system, but the majority of the people on assistance are working! It is sad and disingenuous that people have to demonize those in need and resort to calling them lying cheats.
Not complete crap.
I said that a lot of people, not a majority.
I have not demonized those in need.
I did not call anyone lying cheats. I simply said that a lot do cheat.

link   

Let's see 10 million within the last 4 years and another 5-10 million by 2016 when the tax rates and the care act come in to play.

60- 65 million is my guess.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Until the U.S. starts adding tariffs equal to the wage variation on imported goods, you will not see jobs coming back.
Corps push to make sure this does not happen.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

This either had to be a long time ago or at least one of them was working under the table, or a third option is you are making it up.

You can't get a job without going into the SS database, and they check the database to see where you are working and for how much.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Speculation. Deflection.

Your question itself was an exercise in speculation...was is not? Or was it a partisan jab, Beezer?

Not at all. Currently we have 48 million on foodstamps.

At the end of Obama's second term, will that number be greater, equal to, or less than the 48 million?

A simple question.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Well...should we? It would be nice to live in a world in which a days wage could easily provide for a family, but since the nation has gone from a manufacturing base to a service-industry base wages have fell. Add the devaluation of a dollar and it is easy to see why some people may be having problems.

If starve means, those that have the ability to work, be forced to find funds, outside of the tax payer funded type, to provide for their family, and not steal from my paycheck to do so? Then yes.

People that have no physical means to do so, should be assisted.

Really? I never knew that people are being forced to sell their stuff to support those on foodstamps!

You are right. Why should they give up personal items to feed their family. Just look to teh Govt to steal from others to provide for them.

It's called social responsibility. By each of us helping those in need we keep people off the streets, crime will not increase and people get some food.

Oh, the crime theory again? Sure sure.
It is not my responsibility, via the Govt to provide people with stuff. It is the responsibility of the individual to do so.

Of all the horrible things I can think of that government REALLY has no business in.....we have to complain about foodstamps?

Yes, as it is not the business of the Govt to rob me to bankroll my neighbor.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

More food stamp recipients were added under the Bush Admin then any other president.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by beezzer

More food stamp recipients were added under the Bush Admin then any other president.

Okay.

But that answer has nothing to do with the question I posited.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Very possible - do you have a source?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Well, based on historic behaviors from the "Tolerant" left, they should LOVE the idea of starving these "Republicans" to death! I'm actually quite stunned that they haven't done so yet!

I fail to see the "intelligence" in that statement. Perhaps this was never about intelligence...but about partisan politics.

Sure, some people cheat. But all too often that very over-generalization is used to demonize all of them as scam artists and frauds.

reply to post by beezzer

again.....an exercise in speculation.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

This either had to be a long time ago or at least one of them was working under the table, or a third option is you are making it up.

You can't get a job without going into the SS database, and they check the database to see where you are working and for how much.
The person in question I am legally separated from but still married to. I threw her out a year and a half ago. She is still currently scamming the system, to the best of my knowledge.

Others that I know, relatives of friends of mine, I have heard discussing the various means of scamming the system.

I have no reason to lie.
edit on 10-12-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

again.....an exercise in speculation.

Actually, trend analysis.

But your refusal to "speculate" is an answer in of itself.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join