It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Stamp Use Up 1.44 million in Just One Month

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by NavyDoc

No, reading comprehension is quite alive and well. What I see is someone complaining that the government is not doing enough to take care of his grandmother
then your comprehension is completely dysfunctional.

the story teller is talking about his grandmother, not himself.
how do you know he isn't disabled and not physically capable of providing for his grandmother ?

second, the story teller is talking about his grandmother's benefits, not his own.

third, his grandmother EARNED her SS benefit which should have included a COL increase of $12 but not only is it deficient, but the government is also reducing her supplement of food assistance an additional $5.

so yes, your comprehension needs some SERIOUS work.
from the post linked, you don't know if he is supplying her groceries or not, yet, you ASSume such from the get go ... aren't you generous ?

i wonder, when was the last time you got along and fed yourself for $700 per Month, not per week like service members get.

No it isn't. The guy complained that his grandmonther's food stamps were going down. I said, why not step in and help out his grandmother. Still stands, still logical, still based on what he said, and still the right thing to do--to step in and help your grandmother.

I've lived on much less than $700 for food a month, much less. It is not fun, but it is quite doable.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

What government provided sustenance? My growth enhanced his demise? LOL talk about assumptions. "Demise" "inability to provide for hismother" LOL. Talk about assumptions. The entitlement and victim mentalities strike again.

at least my assumptions are more logical than yours.
government provided sustenance -- were you or were not in the armed services as your avatar and commentary indicate ?
if you were, there's you answer.

your growth enhanced his demise ? possibly ... you're a fan of vaccines, aren't ya ?
why not ?? your actions may have made it impossible for him to finish an education or to get a proper education. he could be disabled from any number of issues directly related to the armed services and their activities.
are you that dense, really ?

entitlement and victim mentality ... is that what your promoting ?
guess it takes one to recognize one, eh ?

LOL. He can't help out his own grandmother due to the great vaccine conspiracy now? Now you are really going off into the weeds. LOL and you call other people dense.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink
reply to post by beezzer

how did the government put people on food stamps?
by not taxing the living hell out of any company that outsources jobs? (because anytime a bill comes forward to raise taxes on companies operating overseas the republicans filibuster and refuse to allow a vote on the matter)
what?
are you going to suggest our workforce should be competing with china or africa for jobs? (i would like to see what our economy looks like when people are getting paid $2 a day)
i would like to hear how you would solve this dilemma
to get people off of assistance you need to provide them with jobs that pay a living wage so how are you going to increase the number of jobs in this country?

that is exactly what the republicans want...any american here that can't work for the same pay as someone in china is a freeloader, is lazy, and is stupid....all the wealthy people deserve more, because they are the job creators and the producers.......please get with the program here, there is alot of social programs that need to be destroyed once and for all.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Oh good.. the MILITARY folks are here to tell the REST of us what a drain we are to the national resources..

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Where do you get your BS talking points from????

You couldn't be farthest from the truth.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

why not? you have been since your first post.

when has anyone been refunded a fuel tax, property tax, sales tax or ad valorem taxes for that matter ?

if you're gonna suggest that income taxes are the only tax base supporting the public at large, you'd be seriously mistaken.

what's your point, risk is risk, regardless the position you're in when you accept the risk.

union jobs ??
where ?? not in my state. [well, they do keep trying]

nice try though, but i reside in a right-to-work state ... i got out of the union BS decades ago. i have no interest in Unions or their bully tactics.

you haven't explained anything but you're welcome to try.

apparently you do cause without my cooperation, you'd have no address.
but, by all means, if crayons are all you can afford, at least i'd understand, which doesn't take much but an effort.

i have no regard for the Muslim Brotherhood child ... they can have him.

On his watch, food stamp usage has risen, unemployment has skyrocketed and the economy remains in a recession, and is poised to go further with crippling taxes and bigger Govt
which is no different than his predecessor ... Carter.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DoYouEvenLift

Yep.

Military member. A person that actually does a job, works for a living and has a high chance of being placed in harms way. The Military member works for the benefits received.

VS.

Welfare recipient. A large amount of people that don't' work or produce anything. A small amount that do work, but have low paying jobs that are not the fault of society. People in this category don't work for the benefits they receive.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I wonder what the difference is.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I agree Mac, the government waste is astronomical and some of the things they spend money on borders on insanity.
agreed and the MIC is a prime example.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Yep.

Military member. A person that actually does a job, works for a living and has a high chance of being placed in harms way. The Military member works for the benefits received.

VS.

Welfare recipient. A large amount of people that don't' work or produce anything. A small amount that do work, but have low paying jobs that are not the fault of society. People in this category don't work for the benefits they receive.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I wonder what the difference is.

The difference is that while one of them may not be producing anything, they are not killing, or causing worldwide strife by their very existence. Monetarily the difference is..

Military Spending is roughly 60,700 percent what Food Stamp spending is.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

why not? you have been since your first post.

Yeah ah-ha.

when has anyone been refunded a fuel tax, property tax, sales tax or ad valorem taxes for that matter ?

Fuel tax funds the roads.
Property tax funds the city/county the property is in.
Sales tax is state and county.
Ad valorem funds the locality as well.
Those don't seem to fund the Military.
Ad those aren't refunded. But, let's go ahead and give more money to the Govt.
Your statement is a glowing example that the individual is over taxed.

if you're gonna suggest that income taxes are the only tax base supporting the public at large, you'd be seriously mistaken.

Federal Income tax does.

what's your point, risk is risk, regardless the position you're in when you accept the risk.

Oh geez, now you are a capitalist???
But, you want the Govt to eliminate that risk for people, by taking from others.

union jobs ??
where ?? not in my state. [well, they do keep trying]

That is nice.

nice try though, but i reside in a right-to-work state ... i got out of the union BS decades ago. i have no interest in Unions or their bully tactics.

So, you are for bigger Govt??

you haven't explained anything but you're welcome to try.

Like what?

apparently you do cause without my cooperation, you'd have no address.
but, by all means, if crayons are all you can afford, at least i'd understand, which doesn't take much but an effort.

Yeah, ok then. You think very highly of yourself.
How is the view from your pedestal?

i have no regard for the Muslim Brotherhood child ... they can have him.

Yeah, sure then.

Originally posted by Honor93 which is no different than his predecessor ... Carter.

Yet hurray for bigger Govt, so long as it is for the children and to feed people.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

Where do you get your BS talking points from????

You couldn't be farthest from the truth.

c'mon, macman...i was trying to be a little humorous....but i've heard it with my own ears from republicans on c-span, some of them want to do away with these entitlement programs...and the right-wing think tanks are always talking about cutting taxes for the wealthy, at the same time cutting back programs that help the poor...this isn't some wild-eyed liberal rumor

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Yep, because all Military Members are just blindly killing people.

Ok. You enjoy your fantasy land. Tell the Unicorn I said hello.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
*wow*
Pages of hate.

Folks, sit down for a second.

(waiting for everyone to sit down)

Okay. Good. Conservatives don't hate people on foodstamps. Conservatives hate that 48 million people ARE on foodstamps. We're mad at the tax and spend-over regulating-pee on the people, pander-til-you-puke, governmnt for creating an environment where 48 million people are on foodstamps.

Government writes the rules.
Government writes the tax laws.

well, i was with ya all the way up to here ...

You fine folk are defending the same people that PUT you in the position where you have to be on foodstamps.

Understand?
edit on 11-12-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)
actually, in this thread, i haven't read anyone really defending the govt (a few but far between) ... what i and others are bent over is the willingness of those who have to restrict those who don't even more than they already are.

what are you folks thinking ?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

All military members aid in the killing, regardless of whether or not they are pulling the triggers.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

c'mon, macman...i was trying to be a little humorous....

Lost in translation I guess.

but i've heard it with my own ears from republicans on c-span,

No, you heard what you wanted to, from RINOs like Rove, Chrystal and Progressives like Newt and Bush.

some of them want to do away with these entitlement programs...and the right-wing think tanks are always talking about cutting taxes for the wealthy, at the same time cutting back programs that help the poor...this isn't some wild-eyed liberal rumor

There is no legislation to cut taxes for just the wealthy,
There is legislation pitched to keep the Bush tax cuts for EVERYONE.
Even if the rich where raped further, and taken down to nothing, that would fund the Govt for a month or so.
Yeah, no spending problem.
Sorry, but the current spending is not sustainable. Cuts need to be made all around.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Just as much as the tax payer I guess.

What is the unicorns name. I bet Bob. Bob is a good name for a unicorn.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren

Originally posted by votan
So umm where are all the jobs?? maybe if we stopped shipping jobs overseas. Maybe if we stopped giving an edge to big business so there could be opportunities for the common man to open up a business.

My mom and dad worked at a factory all their life. Started when they were fresh out of high school. It was hard work, but they both loved their jobs, and their pay. They were able to build a nest egg for retirement. When they were in their 50's, mom came home one day and said the factory was closing and it was going to Mexico.

In the town I grew up in, most everyone went to the factory to work. Quaker Oats, Lee Jeans, Purina, etc. One by one they shut down and moved out of the country. This is when the real trouble in our country began.

EXCELLENT AND EXACTLY RIGHT!

Do you know why Detroit is a 3rd world country? Refer to above post.

Combine that with the factories that are left treating their workers terrible, and paying them virtually nothing, and don't be surprised if your son or daughter gets a pistol stuck in their face next time they go downtown. Especially when everyone thinks they are getting 30,000 a year in benefits and in reality they can not afford even groceries.

Then when they go prison they are told it is their fault for robbing. That would be true, if the rich were not profiting an insane amount from rappers who won't stop telling them to do it. Combine that with bad circumstance and it is the perfect storm.

The solution? Stop telling people in school that money actually counts, because it is completely meaningless. People just don't realize that because they are brainwashed their whole life.

I know a lady who is on welfare with no legs. I went to visit her, and she does not have a laptop, cable tv, or even a Catholic Parish Edition (I will be providing what I can for her, but my question is why is my broke ass going to be the one who has to do it?). She sits in a bed all day long with nothing to do but think. Does this sound like someone profiting from welfare?

Know why she has no legs? She has diabetes and drank and popped pills growing up in Detroit. I wonder if people are going to say "well that is her fault". IDK about you, but if I grew up in a 3rd world country with access to pills and drink, I would be popping and drinking myself most likely.

My question is - why am I going to be the one that has to provide these things for her? The government does not care that is why. The Church cares more than the government does, at least they visit her and pray for her. Too bad the Church's around here are broke too.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Oh, look. A proud soldier. Tell me, what exactly do we have to fear from other countries? When was the last time a country attacked us on our own soil? How many times have we attacked a government on THEIR soil, without their provoking us? We tend to make demands, then conclude that our morals are more important than theirs and assault their politics, religion, and civil rights on THEIR soil.

Then, when they do the same to us, we go OH HELL NAW and we bomb the **** out of them. So tell me, when we're invading another country because we don't approve of their lifestyle, what are we really defending? Our security, or our ego?

Hell, most of our "security" is little more than an excuse to swipe valuable good, grab a good feel and intimidate people we don't like. Our military is a damn joke. And before I finish here, let me remind you that it was the MILITARY that lost over a trillion dollars of our national debt just a few years ago, according to the Secretary of Defense. Food stamps barely touch that kind of loss.

You want to talk about responsibility for working peoples' taxes? The military is one of the most secretive organizations on the planet when it comes to spending. $600 on a freakin' toilet seat? Give me a break. When we see that trillion dollars come back to the American people, complete with receipt and full paper trail from the printer to the banking accounts, then you can complain about taxes being used unwisely.

I won't disrespect the death of a soldier or the service of a soldier, but I will take a stand when a soldier ignores the faults of his own organization because he's trained to do so. Don't come barking to us about our measly 17 million annual when a trillion dollars vanishes under the watchful eye of your superiors.

That's my opinion on the matter. When you fix your military, then you can complain about our welfare. /rant.
edit on 11-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Just as much as the tax payer I guess.

What is the unicorns name. I bet Bob. Bob is a good name for a unicorn.

People in the military CHOSE to be part of the killing machine. Many taxpayers I know would not choose to fund the war. Some even make less than 35k a year so that all of their taxes come back to them.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

hey macman...i'd be happy as hell if the government would give you guys a raise...you guys deserve it. now the contractor haliburton that put in those faulty showers in iraq , that electrocuted those GI's??....they need to be put away for good. and how about the humvees that didn't even have bullet-proof windshields, or thick enough armor plate for protection?? those CEO's need to be hung

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join