It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Stamp Use Up 1.44 million in Just One Month

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pcchris

Welcome to ATS. Please stick around and join in the fun.

As for food stamps, the best food is the most inexpensive (although costs are rising). Brown rice, beans, seasonings, oatmeal, potatoes, onions, brocolli, even popcorn with nutritional yeast (nutritional yeast on most things, actually) and you're good to go. I'd rather give the corporate welfare, which is the heart of the food stamp program, to the brown rice growers and to Whole Foods than to Coca-Cola and WalMart.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by pcchris

all of you complaining about food stamps you haven't experienced life until you cooked a package of noodles on a barbeque pit because the lights were off
since this whole ordeal seems like a fixed poker game or a crap shoot anyway ... i'll raise ya ... one pkg noodles on bbq (talk about luxury
) ... to eggs & bacon cooked in a paper bag over a burning street barrel
this ^^^ i learned in the middle of winter, in PA, while living in a car.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by beezzer

Government regulation and taxes are not the reason business' aren't hiring.

Let me put it this way: If a business has a ton of extra cash...will they hire more people if they are meeting demand with their current staff?

No, of course not. That is silly and the business will sit on the money.

Now if the patrons of that particular business have extra cash, they will spend it. In doing so, they increase demand and create the need for the business to hire more people.

That's how jobs are created. Supply and demand, not trickle-down silliness.

That's one reason why foodstamps are good because the money is guaranteed to be put into the economy and in doing so creates demand for supermarkets.

Sounds like the broken window fallacy.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaymp
Here's something I just sent out:

I voted for you Mr. President, but my 85 year old grandmother should get more than a 12 dollar raise on her SS check. But, apparently, she should get less according to the government. So, to compensate for the 12 dollars the government doesn't want to give up, you all are taking 5 dollars away from her on food stamps. That's asinine. Let's see. Should we cut defense spending or deprive an elderly woman that manages to get buy on 700 dollars a month her necessities?

Why is your grandmother on food stamps? I pay all of my 75 year old mother's bills. Why don't you buy her some groceries?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Yep, forced compassion at the end of a gun basically, enforced by the Govt, and maintained by the IRS.

What a great thing.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

I voted for you Mr. President, but my 85 year old grandmother should get more than a 12 dollar raise on her SS check. But, apparently, she should get less according to the government. So, to compensate for the 12 dollars the government doesn't want to give up, you all are taking 5 dollars away from her on food stamps. That's asinine. Let's see. Should we cut defense spending or deprive an elderly woman that manages to get buy on 700 dollars a month her necessities?

Why is your grandmother on food stamps? I pay all of my 75 year old mother's bills. Why don't you buy her some groceries?

he could be in financial trouble himself
would that be hard to imagine?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I pay all of my 75 year old mother's bills
you pay ?? with what exactly?
one has to wonder, would that be with your government/taxpayer provided paycheck or pension ??

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepump

That is ridiculous frankly...

Private charity is not going to be able to feed 48 million Americans, period.

You go to places like Haiti after their earthquake, and they struggle to feed several million, despite
international support from over 80 governments and several hundred charities.

I don't know if some of you are stupid (as in mentally retarded), just naive or selfish...

Your cases sounds like you are naive -

So do you honestly think American charities can pump out 144 million meals a day? Or do you reckon
one meal a day suffices?

If you are so kind as to admit that most people should eat three times a day do you think
HONESTLY think American charities can pump out the 5,256,000,000 meals a year that
would constitute feeding 144 million people three times a day?

Not any more they can't. When Govt shuts down food charities, like in NY or California, and the Govt has become the Sugar Daddy for so many, you are right. They can't do it, as it sits now.
What a shame to, as what is the amount of money that the Govt takes from me, what percentage is then leached off by the Grand Compassionate Govt and what amount goes directly to the person "In need"?

Funny, as the LDS church has enough food stored to feed every person in America for one whole year.
Yeah, I guess that only the Govt can do it.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

No, no one has stated you should starve.

People are just tired of having more and more of THEIR money stolen by the Govt to give to you.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Yeah, except the whole fact you left out that his charitable givings are how much more then the Lordly 0bama?

Think 10% of his yearly income.
Plus his outside the Church charitable givings and donations.

Yeah, the evil rich guy. Sure sure.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

if you serve in the military many people feel the same about their money being "stolen" to pay for you to play cowboys and indians out in the desert so defense contractors and corporations can receive multibillion dollar no bid contracts and set up shop in a market that would otherwise be closed to them
edit on 11-12-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

You mean with the paycheck he works for, and doesn't just receive because he breaths and has a pulse???
Probably.
Or do you mean the paycheck that he earns, due to signing a 4+ year agreement to work for a single employer, with no say really in where he gets stationed or what work needs to be done?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Yeah, except the whole fact you left out that his charitable givings are how much more then the Lordly 0bama?

Think 10% of his yearly income.
Plus his outside the Church charitable givings and donations.

Yeah, the evil rich guy. Sure sure.

so does he get any tax benefits for these "charitable givings" or is this all purely out of the goodness of his heart?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink
reply to post by macman

if you serve in the military many people feel the same about their money being "stolen" to pay for you to play cowboys and indians out in the desert so defense contractors and corporations can receive multibillion dollar no bid contracts and set up shop in a market that would otherwise be closed to them

Yep, Cowboys and Indians.
All Military members run around with cap guns, on stick horses, pretending to shoot the evil Indians.
Sure sure. Sure sure.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

reply to post by macman

Yep, Cowboys and Indians.
All Military members run around with cap guns, on stick horses, pretending to shoot the evil Indians.
Sure sure. Sure sure.

or "heros and terrorists" call it what you want its all the same game

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

As the current tax code is written, you know, the same tax code used that was created by Progressives to provide a sliding scale in an attempt to stop people from amassing huge amounts of money, which seems to have failed miserably, it allows for a deduction of charitable givings, just like it allows for you as well.

But, his donations are, by his actions, outside of just deductions.

What was your charitable givings again???? Just wondering?
Are you helping to solve the problem, or just bitch and moan about the evil Romney?
Oh wait, I am sure that you are waiting for the Govt to resolve the poverty, homelessness, hunger issues. Since you know, they have done a bang up job since the creation of the "War on Poverty".

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

Yeah, ah-ha. That's nice.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepump

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon
reply to post by projectvxn

They really do. They are proud that 48 million people are on food stamps. They measure success by how many are on welfare rather than how many are not.

That's because it is a form of power. If you cripple the independence of people and make them dependent on you, you hold power over them.

It's so simple that it's brilliant.

I do think most people enjoy being dependent and nearly destitute, that is not a very pleasant
way to exist.

You guys have a poor view of your fellow Americans

I did not say that people are choosing to be poor. I meant that, for many Americans, their poverty has been manufactured by our own government.

Then we have to rely on them for welfare, which gives them authority over us.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

he could be in financial trouble himself
would that be hard to imagine?

He has internet and a computer at least and was complaining about taking away $5 in food stamps. All he has to do is give up a single meal to cover that expense.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by NavyDoc

I pay all of my 75 year old mother's bills
you pay ?? with what exactly?
one has to wonder, would that be with your government/taxpayer provided paycheck or pension ??

Neither. I have moved on to the private sector and have started more than one small business. Nice try though.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join