It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members akin to ancient seers, prophets and healers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hey all, rain day in Long Island. Just hanging out at the job site and had a thought I'd like to share and possibly discuss. I'll try and participate as much as I can during the afternoon if I get any replies.

My thoughts were about the peoples in the past that kept the ancient knowledge and tried to pass it down to future generations. It occurred to me that many of these people would have been members here if they were alive today. Many of those that frequent this hall of records so to speak would have been the same people who tried to contribute to the well being of the community in the past. The interesting and fun part of the thought for me was comparing some of the superstars here to some famous and important figures from the past.

We have astrologers, healers, economists, prophets, inventors, religious zealots etc. The list goes on and on. Some of these folks here make really good contributions here as well as out in the rest of the world. ATS is in a way a kind of secret society albeit in a more open and free community level.

ATS seems to be a sort of a chaotic think tank of sorts. I think that a lot of ideas that get tossed around here could resurface in more concrete ways out there in the political, religious, and economical realms. It could be that the template we use here could become a model for future problem solving on a grand scale. In a way it is that already, maybe just in the infant stages?

It was a good day, the day I stumbled across this website, and I can't even remember how it happened its been so long. I feel like the contributions I make here have more of an effect than most of the conversations that I have out there in the rest of my life and I'm very thankful for the education and information that I have gleamed since I found this wonderful place.

Back on track, what are your thoughts? How do you think some of the players here would stand up next to some of the major players throughout history? Will ATS become a major point of reference for those in the future who may be looking into the past for answers? How much difference can a person have being a proactive member in this platform?

So what's up guys, any thoughts ideas or comparisons?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The children are the future, and we are their model. What we do here affects how everyone looks at the world, and how they look at the world affects how they interact with it. It's a domino effect with possible far-reaching effects that can change the world for the better.

I like how you think.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Hey, thanks.

So what are some of the parallels here between figures? Do we have a Nostradomas? Mother Theresa? Churchill? Einstein maybe? Maybe a Kipling or two?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

Ive always comapred ATS to the field of dreams

If you build it they will come.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

ATS is the stadium and the world is like our Superbowl! Great comparison, I like it. So what are the two competing teams? Rich/poor, dem/rep, god fearing/evildoers?

So where's the concession stand?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quauhtli
reply to post by Wertdagf

ATS is the stadium and the world is like our Superbowl! Great comparison, I like it. So what are the two competing teams? Rich/poor, dem/rep, god fearing/evildoers?

So where's the concession stand?

And more importantly, do they sell beer?

There are some great minds here. Most of the ones I put in that category don't post very often. It's a shame, but I guess they already said what they wanted to say and they are now sitting back waiting for the next bit of intelligent conversation.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

Interesting idea. S&F for the compliments to all of us! Yeah, for the ideas as well. How should we go about looking into this idea? Maybe by examining how we, as ATS members, might be different from the average person on the street? How many ATS members are more empathic to others? How many seem to have some way to know things, some discernment, that many do not have? How many have had unusual experiences? How many can heal to some degree? How many have some other skill that I am forgetting to mention? I would bet that most of the regulars have something different about them.

Well, will start with me. I do have a high level of discernment, speaking from a spiritual gift standpoint. Always knew it was there, and have taken tests that show the same thing. I am also empathetic to the emotions of others, especially of those are very strong. I have been able to reduce a headache with my husband before. Some other things, but the idea is, yeah, there are differences. I know others here have talked about having interesting traits as well.

I guess we should all be glad we aren't living in the old days, where they would have burned many of us as witches!!

new topics

top topics

join