It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Possible To Fracture Your Soul, Or Have Multiple Souls?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Well I believe that we are just one soul, like well, I say God is just the observer (who we call God anyway) and he is playing all parts...very schizophrenic, if you can understand that better, so yes a soul in fact is a broken piece of God, explains why there were a few hundred people at the beginning and seven billion now. Plus If you imagine God as a mirror and it got shattered to expand it's reach (if it had a mind) and the shards are now different seperate pieces that land in different spots and have a different view of the world.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
how can your friend possibly know that a relative reincarnated as a butterfly.

did the butterfly grab a pen and write "hey bud, it's me, can you leave a can of coke open so i can eat."

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
People do not reincarnate as butterflies. The only possibility for such a thing is that, a butterfly, or any other animal, can house the projection of a Watcher, Et, or Guide, or Basically Family to interact or monitor person, place or thing/events.

I won't even go into whether or not, negative ET's have power over souls when they die, can control them and hurt them by forcing them to enter a less than desirable form for a horrific kind of punishment, but I do believe very strongly that they are not off any hooks themselves and that there is a cosmic force to deal with them, and I would prefer sooner, not later. That Love and Integrity and High Frequency eliminates any such thing, and that hopefully we can help others, and assist others and also free them if needed, should anything like that be possible.

But the goal for human soul is progression.
edit on 10-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Im concerned enough in that I believe very strongly in Higher Ups of Goodness, and hope that our next steps are not going to be spent in Serve and Protect mode and pulling off rescues, but know that that is a possibility I would bring up on High to discuss to ensure the safety and healing up of all.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Yeah but thats very dark magic Harry, you need to make a Horcrux first.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
I am aware that this may be an extremely bizarre question for some of you, but let me explain.

My friend and I were having a discussion, in which he revealed that a close relative had reincarnated into butterflies. Not just one, but many of the same species. Monarch butterflies. I told him that was unlikely, as the same soul cannot inhabit multiple bodies simultaneously. He then said that her soul fractured, and a piece of her soul went to each butterfly. He said these butterflies behaved erratically, perching on the shoulders of a friend of his, of whom the deceased had been very fond. They were much more friendly and comfortable around this person than the average butterfly, leading to my friend's suspicions.

He went on to explain that every time we have a child, a fragment of our soul goes into that child, forming another soul that is part of our own. At this point, I was thoroughly confused and uncertain, as my personal beliefs would allow for such an event, but only to a certain point. One soul cannot inhabit a dozen bodies, for instance, or it's little more than possession and not actual reincarnation. Also, my beliefs are that a soul cannot break. Either it is removed, or it is reduced, or it dilutes for a certain span of time, but it doesn't break. Those are my ideas, but I am not an expert by any means, so I could be wrong.

What are your thoughts in this subject, ATS?

What if 2 souls are so incredably close so that they cannot be separated anymore and create a new bigger whole? Are you sure your soul is not built up of thousands of particle souls that have joined together as one whole and been working on them growing in harmony to become even bigger and finally join the Oneness? It might be that we exchange a part of our soul (a couple of soul particles) so that we are always part of each other. But do not worry about it. Reincarnation still work with this theory since all the part together have to take responsability for what they have created and do not worry you will not lose cohesion of your soulcommunity even if you are created by particle souls since for a splitt to be allowed all you parts must agree.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

He went on to explain that every time we have a child, a fragment of our soul goes into that child, forming another soul that is part of our own

That is why a true sorcerer does not have children.....

At least not in a place where you are passing thru as quickly as possible. Serving is a privilege. Yeeh sure, not on this planet.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
From one of my favorite movies. It's relevant

Start @ 4:45

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
haha.. sorry Slughorm never mentions the spell.. after all the conversation was only for "academic" purposes..

“Well, you split your soul, you see; and hide part of it in an object outside your body.Then, even if one's body is attacked or destroyed, one cannot die, for part of sould remains earthbound and undamaged. But, of course, existence in such a form...” - Prof Slughorn.. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
how can your friend possibly know that a relative reincarnated as a butterfly.

did the butterfly grab a pen and write "hey bud, it's me, can you leave a can of coke open so i can eat."

It is something you just know.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Something odd last night. Now what?

Back to topic...

In have been thinking about my experience of having a hole in my soul, and for the first time I wonder what was the cause and how it came to be.

I now believe this hole could possibly be original, caused by disease/illness, or of external in nature. External meaning by accident or intentional harm.

All are possible causes to abnormalities of the soul.

If I am to believe this, then I further wonder about the idea of the eternal soul, a belief I have always held - can the soul be eternal?.

For if a soul can be damaged, then can it be damaged to the extent of extinction?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
So little is known about souls or spirits that to speculate on their behaviors seems like a fools errand.

Not calling you a fool, mind you, just saying that speculating about how things act that are not even understood (or proven for that matter) seems fruitless.
edit on 12/10/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

I wish more people thought like you. Unfortunately, we are indoctrinated with this stuff as children so people are taught to believe without every questioning anything. I'm on the fence, but I know one thing for sure, for myself: when someone starts to speak as if they are an authority on the soul, I question everything they say and take it all with a grain of salt. Most of the time it will be New Age word salad, interjected with heartfelt messages about love and peace, to make it palatable (and believable) to the gullible.

I doubt if there is one person who ever walked on this earth who could answer your question with any real confidence and truth, OP.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

He went on to explain that every time we have a child, a fragment of our soul goes into that child, forming another soul that is part of our own.

So the father and mother both donate a piece to create a new soul? I don't believe the soul is like that, it should be viewed as ever expanding and eternally whole. It's unsplittable, unbreakable, it's like a container for the person inside.

I think the idea was probably born because parents could tell their children to do as they say else they'll take those fragments back. You know, first introducing them to the idea the soul is everything good and source of all happiness then like a switch tell your child you've taken those fragments and stored them somewhere and they'll only get it back when they behave.

Souls are perfect, they might not even grow as they contain everything, but the spirit inside doesn't yet and this is what grows, can make itself believe it can be either unbreakable or breakable, it can choose to expand or believe it's becoming less.
edit on 11/12/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by straddlebug

In have been thinking about my experience of having a hole in my soul, and for the first time I wonder what was the cause and how it came to be.

I now believe this hole could possibly be original, caused by disease/illness, or of external in nature. External meaning by accident or intentional harm.

All are possible causes to abnormalities of the soul.

If I am to believe this, then I further wonder about the idea of the eternal soul, a belief I have always held - can the soul be eternal?.

For if a soul can be damaged, then can it be damaged to the extent of extinction?

There is your problem...... You BELIEVE....

Belief is a poor shadow of Knowing Directly.

Belief will create Limitaitons to your understanding and what you can experience. So DROP the Belief.

As I said on page 2... there is nothing you can do to harm the Soul.. it is simply far too big and powerful. So that tells you the Belief you are attached to is wrong.. so drop it.

Originally posted by jheherrin
I wish more people thought like you. Unfortunately, we are indoctrinated with this stuff as children so people are taught to believe without every questioning anything. I'm on the fence, but I know one thing for sure, for myself: when someone starts to speak as if they are an authority on the soul, I question everything they say and take it all with a grain of salt. Most of the time it will be New Age word salad, interjected with heartfelt messages about love and peace, to make it palatable (and believable) to the gullible.

I doubt if there is one person who ever walked on this earth who could answer your question with any real confidence and truth, OP.

And you know this how ?

Have you put in years and years of practice to Know by direct experience, or are you simply stating what you Think is right ?

What I share in this community for the past 9 years is only from my personal 52 years of practice. I never once simply attached myself to any Belief-Systems to become Indoctrinated, and in my early childhood my folks allowed us to learn and grow at our own pace without ever forcing any Beliefs upon us.

I was able to see from early childhood. I have never been a supporter of the New Age because it was destined to go down the road towards Greed and Unbalanced-Ego as anything else man has done.

The new agey or religious sounding wordage is used because they are all we have to express these ideas to the wider public... so try to see past your own chosen limitations there in order to Feel out the information for yourself.

I do not ask you to Believe me.. I would prefer you put in the years of practice as I have so that you too can come to Know for Yourself. I can help start you off with some very simply meditation methods I used and developed further, then used in groups for over 15 years now so that others can come to know for themselves also.

There are people who do Know, and we are here to help others find it for themselves.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

What do you call knowing directly? Subjective observation? Emotional translation? Subconscious motivation? If there is a "knowing directly", it is achieved electronically.

From your words, you don't even think we have souls. In which case, this thread is not for you.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Tayesin is an excellent teacher. We would all do well to listen.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of that belief. Since it's unknown, it's just as much possible as it is impossible. The thought of actually creating a soul is foreign to me. I'd have to dive into that thought a little more.

But, I believe that many souls that are here presently have been here before. The creation of soul is unknown to me, but I tend to believe that newborn babies may have reincarnated somehow. Meaning the soul is not new and is re-experiencing life in another form or maybe the same.

So what is the origin of the soul? How is a soul created? Surely, flesh isn't capable of creating something so sophisticated as the soul. We could point to God.

But then we'd ask, "Where did God come from and where did his soul come from?"

Well... Let us take a minute... It is said he created himself out of the void (at this point of thought, I see why some people believe they are their own god, or a god in general.) How did He do so? Quantum Mechanics even struggles with the idea of 'making something out of nothing'.

So indeed, what connection of nothing creates a something if there was nothing there to begin with? The only answer I have is that, it was already there to begin with and consciousness became aware of itself by chance.

So if indeed if this is the case, the Law of conservation of Energy holds much truth. "Energy can not be created or destroyed." Meaning the idea of 'nothing' never existed to begin with. Even now, the idea of 'nothing' is but the absence of color (black) and even that has become something in this world.

Alright, Alright. So with that said and these ideas in place.. is it possible that the one we call God has a mission to awaken as many souls as he can and bring them into this world? Could that explain how souls are born? But wait that doesn't explain reincarnation, that only explains the creations of souls.

So how does reincarnation tie into the birth of souls. Refer back to the Law stated above. The idea that souls cannot expire means that we probably come back as some form on Earth or in the universe. Whose to say we don't come back as an blood cell? A sperm cell (human)? A leaf? A star? Anything that uses energy to grow is possible to reincarnate into? Where as new souls could be awaken into anything as well.

So in conclusion, souls are not even created. They are awakened. I do not believe we are fragmented after this thought process. I strongly believe that our thoughts are connected on a spiritual level, with that belief I believe that we (our souls) choose an experience before reincarnating.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Hi After,

Please do not be offended by my quick reply to your situation regarding Belief, I was making a point to you about Belief being the source of our limitations and all issues we struggle with as human beings.

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Tayesin

What do you call knowing directly? Subjective observation? Emotional translation? Subconscious motivation? If there is a "knowing directly", it is achieved electronically.

From your words, you don't even think we have souls. In which case, this thread is not for you.

To your first questions....

Knowing is a by-product of Practice, of Journeying within the various realms that exist all around us.. and I do not mean Astrally as the Astral itself is also limited as the supporting stages for all the worlds offering experiences. Beyond (or above) the astral is where you the Soul moves.. in what I call Soul levels of awareness.

These levels of Your Own awareness are within your power to explore. But in order to do so one must learn to begin Practice as if naked, meaning to not have any Beliefs and concepts of what is possible and what is not, for they will limit what you will experience.

Part of this journey to Self Discovery is learning to Observe without Creating from the Mind. While the Mind is an excellent bit of biological software running in our neck-top bio-computers, it is fairly useless when it comes to higher levels of awareness outside of our body. So we need to learn Vigilance on our Inputs, and these we come to know by the FEEL of our energy while Observing.. when creating from the mind we Feel a draining of the 'our' energy. Once we correct that falsehood there is no draining, so we become a constantly vigil Observer.

The Path is one of Self-Discovery, as mentioned above. It is a discovery of You, firstly with meeting and working with your Higher-Self..the thing that represents the Soul we are to our human-self. And when ready, to again merge with that aspect of our Soul in order to Know what paths you the soul chose along your many thousands of lives here and elsewhere to bring you to this Now moment.

This is what I call "Remembering what you are and why you chose to be here this time."

And from there on you progress back into your ever-higher levels of awareness into Over-Soul layers and far beyond. But beyond this level it does become difficult to explain as we do not have anything in language to speak about these things at all.. so as a human, we can only Experience them and not share information from them.

I know it sounds complex, but that is simply a problem with language/words that cannot convey these ideas adequately. Funny thing.. Coming to Know is really quite Simple, yet for many it is far too simple for them to see.

To the second part of your reply...

In reading my offerings you will notice the word Soul used many times. You will see that I offer a perception that the Soul is massive and powerful.. which is a complete 360 degree turn around from the traditional perceptions of Souls being bad little things in need of improvement and redemption by some 'higher being'.

You will notice too that I offer the perception of Souls being non-human.. thus being SOULS and Human being only one of the choices for experience available to us. This is accomplished by Souls reaching into the denser realms with a small tendril (portion) of themselves in order to have the Experiences on offer Here. Thus the Soul does not reside within the minute human body as has been Believed for far too long.

All Souls were 'created' at the same time.. it occured at a point in our Bubbleverse's Diversification of Itself.. sort of how matter came into being during the expansion and diversification of the material Universe. So too with the Energetic aspect of this universe/bubbleverse.

As such, they cannot be harmed by anything you can do in your human life. Now I know most people have an issue with that statement because our Indoctrination tells us something very different.... even my first teacher thought we had to improve our Soul and that what we did would harm it. Yet she was the one who taught me the most important aspect of practice.. to come to it as if naked.

I do hope I have not confused you further, and that these words will someday find a resonance within you.

Gwyn

Thank you for such lovely sentiments, but remember, I am just a silly old man

edit on 12-12-2012 by Tayesin because: dyslexia is a not a wine for summer.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

We can't fully understand the spiritual aspect like somebody said, maybe though like I have been reading we are one, if that is the case then how can you measure a soul, how can you distinguish one soul from another? I think your friend may be right, we might have aspects of many different spiritual personalities, maybe that would describe the many different emotions and feelings or even the evil that is in some people.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
In order to answer such a question, one must first be able to determine what a soul is. In my opinion, a soul resides only where man is ignorant of the body, ie. consciousness, knowledge, life-force, memory, dreams etc. and is contrived, much like God, to exist as something to stuff in the holes of our misunderstanding, to fill what otherwise would be voids. So if the soul is merely what we don't understand about ourselves, I would imagine it actually fractures once we discover something new about our physiology or biology. If one can understand himself, he is in no need of a soul or souls.

edit on 12-12-2012 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join