It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Possible To Fracture Your Soul, Or Have Multiple Souls?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

The background store was utterly unnecessary. I understand there's no way you could have known, but Harry Potter was my childhood. Harry Potter, for several years, was my hero. He was a representation of everything I wanted in life. And you know, looking through that series, it's practically comparable to the Matrix in all the philosophical values she just tosses out there. I thoroughly enjoyed how the only deathly hallow he kept was the cloak, because it had belonged to his father. He wasn't afraid of death. He was WILLING to die. And I admire that greatly.

I'll have to look at that Hermetics stuff. MamaJ already directed my attention to it, but I wasn't exactly engaged. There's a certain application of these things that makes subjects relevant for me, and I didn't find it. Thanks Veritas...you are as insightful and helpful as always!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by straddlebug

I'd be curious to hear more about your situation. I like the scripts in your signature by the way.

We tend to fill our fields with quick fixes which don't address the root of of the issue.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Always enjoy the mutual conversation. Thanks! By the way read your U2U.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It's like the big bang.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by starshift

I'd be curious to hear more about your situation. I like the scripts in your signature by the way.

We tend to fill our fields with quick fixes which don't address the root of of the issue.

My situation is I have a hole in my soul. However, it is a hole that cannot be filled, and I have learned to live with it. It is part of who I am.

Thanks for your interest

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I'm familiar with that kind of feeling. The "hole" in my soul is basically a void of affection. I liken it to a heroin addiction. I hang around friends to fill it in, but whenever I'm alone, it empties pretty quickly. I think it's a problem from my childhood, but I cope.

If nothing else, I do cope.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I'm familiar with that kind of feeling. The "hole" in my soul is basically a void of affection. I liken it to a heroin addiction. I hang around friends to fill it in, but whenever I'm alone, it empties pretty quickly. I think it's a problem from my childhood, but I cope.

So what does your nervous system run off of if your soul is just some void? Don't give me the your body breaks down food crap. All that is is nutrients for the skin and muscles and bones all the "physical" things that need to replace cells. It does not however put nuclei into those cells!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadLights

So what does your nervous system run off of if your soul is just some void? Don't give me the your body breaks down food crap. All that is is nutrients for the skin and muscles and bones all the "physical" things that need to replace cells. It does not however put nuclei into those cells!

I hope that was sarcasm, because I used the quote marks around that word for a reason. "Void". Means it's a figurative term. Kind of like other things I could describe as a void, that are not necessarily a void but close enough to remind me of one.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Many have talked about this and experienced this, while obe, lucid dreaming. And meetings with their other selves.

There are alternate theories though. If a soul could be seen as an infinite diamond, then you have infinite faces or facets to it, some large and clear, some smaller and murkier, and there is no time, and it our experiences don't have to be linear. In which case, aspects of self, would be in simultaneous lives, some in alternative timezones..

When I was waking after a particularly realistic and disturbing dream, with my father and my family, a woman, guide/angel, spoke and said, just before I fully woke up, that this was just one of many timeline possibilities and that each was a real realm and earth was like this too. So if there are many versions of you right now, does this mean your soul is in each or is it just a vehicle and spirit/soul enters. My own belief is that in some cases, there is more than one "person" sent out, to maximize learning but often the other's are not you, but another spirit learning from the same potentials. The story created and we enter the movie.

edit on 10-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

So if you were to wander across to these other timelines, you could conceivably run into another version of yourself whose soul exhibits a personality that is the polar opposite of yourself, done so for the sheer purpose of experiencing that same life from a different perspective?

Yes, I have wondered the same thing. Are there identical souls, spread across an infinite number of parallel universes, each representing the slightest different in choice or variable...or is there only one of each particular soul, and it simply uses the bodies of each universe as a vehicle by which to experience each universe it comes across as it takes highways and exits and side roads by the choices it makes?

Hmm...I believe there could be a plausible answer (note that I said plausible, not definite!) but it requires a lot of assumptions and cross-referencing.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

He went on to explain that every time we have a child, a fragment of our soul goes into that child, forming another soul that is part of our own

That is why a true sorcerer does not have children.....

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Yes, everyone of us is a piece of the original.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I just talked to my buddy again. According to him, fracturing of the soul, breaking off pieces of it, is not a natural event. He did it in order to continue himself through the blood of his children. His conviction is that he has literally created horcruxes. Ironic, considering some of the posts in this thread.

I'll have to discuss the idea with him at length. But it seems to me that such an act could be considered "black magic"...

edit on 10-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Children are not fragments from the souls of their parents. Cords are formed but they are independent beings who choose their parents based on certain qualities or lessons the soul wants to resolve.

A good movie that goes into the fragmentation / energy theft dynamic is called "Renegade." Not the best reviews from movie critics but I feel that was because most people just didn't get it. There are some scenes on youtube but T&C rules prevent me from linking due to plant references.
edit on 10-12-2012 by starshift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Well no matter how many possible, though according to what my guide said, real realms, exist, if they are real, they would not be fixed in exploring bad things. Instead, it would be many interactive tests, probably with different souls.

Because we're not here to explore the bad, but to choose to overcome it. I see this as a giant counseling session, reform school for immature and dysfunctional souls.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Before one can decide what is possible in regards to a soul, one must first understand what a soul is. Without a foundation there is nothing to build on it. All interpretations of the soul ie. psych, nous, spirit, mind, ego etc. are at all times insufficient without there first being something to label with those words.

So until the soul is discovered and quantified, it will always remain contrived, invented and strictly imagined, and absolutely nothing to base an entire metaphysics on.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

First thing to understand is.. Souls are not Human Souls.. they are Souls, massive and powerful things that choose to have Life Experience in this world, and in others.

Second thing is.. the entire Soul is not within the human body, only a small portion of it is.

Yes, a Soul can choose to have multiple incarnations at any time in this and other worlds.. that's how massive and powerful they are.

No it is not possible for anything a Human can do to harm the Soul in any way... we are simply not that powerful, despite our own Beliefs about it.

A fragment of your Soul does not go into your child. An amount of energy from you does, and that can vary according to how clingy the kid is with you. This will show up to a practiced viewer as an empty spot in the abdomen.

At death the spirit of a person.. that little bit of Soul driving them when alive... can and does use other forms to convey information to the living... as might have been the case with the Butterflies. Or those Butterflies were simply attracted to the Light of the person they were surrounding.

I hope this has been some help for you today.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I'm familiar with that kind of feeling. The "hole" in my soul is basically a void of affection...

This hole in my soul is not a void of affection. It is something that has been cut out or removed from my spiritual being. It feels like a hole but is more like someone took a cookie cutter and poked a hole in my essence.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

This thread is very interesting. I think the reason why we are reluctant to consider the idea of one soul becoming many may have to do with the association of personhood or personality with the concept of "soul". If a soul can manifest as many, then what personhood does each portion of soul contain?

We are trying to communicate our ideas about this in terms that have negative connotations, like "disintegrate", "break down", "break apart', "shatter" and "fragment". Maybe we should be talking in terms like "pollinate", "propagate", "soak", "saturate", etc. Perhaps instead of an exclusionary process this might be better described as an inclusionary one?

I keep thinking of the phrase "we are legion" which again has negative connotations in terms of the Christian religion, but for Christians, being "filled with the holy spirit" has positive connotations. Perhaps these phrases are actually both trying to describe the same spiritual concept, and it is only the context of the story we are told that makes us judge one as negative and the other as positive?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I don't believe fractured is the right way to perceive it; can souls leave a part of their energy with other souls? Absolutely. We are all attached to an energy. There is a soul circle that is a bigger energy source that is connected to another energy source, etc. Think of it like electricity or batteries or light switches...they are all part of larger picture and yet can exist separately from the source they came from as long as it maintains a connection. Sometimes the connection gets disconnected but the power is still there.

There are some that are in the soul circle and some that are attached to the soul circle, this is why you can feel a connection to one greater than another. Not all souls have the same energy and will be repelled and other souls will be compelled. All energy is connected to the source. I do not believe a soul would manifest in the manner described here. There is a different level of vibration, this is not to say that all living things do not have a soul, they do, but I would consider that to be regressive in the evolution of a soul.

There is no way to tell you or prove to you, that it is not true, only that I have strong feelings about it from personal knowledge. I can tell you this, if it brings your friend comfort then there is nothing wrong with it.

I would let him feel the way he chooses to feel.

BAW33

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join