It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Possible To Fracture Your Soul, Or Have Multiple Souls?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I am aware that this may be an extremely bizarre question for some of you, but let me explain.

My friend and I were having a discussion, in which he revealed that a close relative had reincarnated into butterflies. Not just one, but many of the same species. Monarch butterflies. I told him that was unlikely, as the same soul cannot inhabit multiple bodies simultaneously. He then said that her soul fractured, and a piece of her soul went to each butterfly. He said these butterflies behaved erratically, perching on the shoulders of a friend of his, of whom the deceased had been very fond. They were much more friendly and comfortable around this person than the average butterfly, leading to my friend's suspicions.

He went on to explain that every time we have a child, a fragment of our soul goes into that child, forming another soul that is part of our own. At this point, I was thoroughly confused and uncertain, as my personal beliefs would allow for such an event, but only to a certain point. One soul cannot inhabit a dozen bodies, for instance, or it's little more than possession and not actual reincarnation. Also, my beliefs are that a soul cannot break. Either it is removed, or it is reduced, or it dilutes for a certain span of time, but it doesn't break. Those are my ideas, but I am not an expert by any means, so I could be wrong.

What are your thoughts in this subject, ATS?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
So little is known about souls or spirits that to speculate on their behaviors seems like a fools errand.

Not calling you a fool, mind you, just saying that speculating about how things act that are not even understood (or proven for that matter) seems fruitless.
edit on 12/10/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I know there's shamans and wiccans and other occultists who have studied the more subtle sciences for years here on ATS. I thought they might be able to answer to some extent.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

i heard, the soul is what lets you breathe (pneuma).

edit on 10-12-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

link   

What are your friend's religious beliefs, as I have not quite heard this spin on the soul question before?
Was it simply the butterfly incident, or something more?

I actually like the idea that part of a person's soul goes to their child since a child is already a 50/50 genetic blend between yourself and your SO, I don't see it being totally unreasonable to think that a fraction of your soul becomes part of your child. On the other hand wouldn't that mean that every sperm I create would have part of my soul?

I don't know though, none of us do.

I would like to think that when someone dies his/her soul is reunited with what we consider the collective unconscious in a type of life stream where all souls intermix, when someone is born a mixture of "souls" becomes a new soul housed in a person. This would give people the notion of past lives as parts of you were in fact others who have lived before, a concept of heaven in rejoining the life stream, and the collective unconscious, as way of explaining how we seem to have shared intuitive knowledge beyond what has been genetically imprinted. I don't expect anyone to be with me on this one, but it's what I tend to believe and I thought I would share.

link   
One of the main focuses of shamanic work is soul retrieval, in which the shaman journeys with the client to recover an aspect of their being. It could be a past life or current life that experiences trauma, unresolved issues, energy theft or a number of situations. They will then bring that back or resolve the situation.
I don't really feel your friend has it quite right however. We can inhabit other bodies in other planes. I have meet my higher self in very intense dreams and believe that our souls are an energy extension of a higher being who is working withing multiple levels to evolve and better understand consciousness. Our energy can be divided and returned to wholeness.
Here is a video that may be helpful.

edit on 10-12-2012 by starshift because: added video

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

What are your friend's religious beliefs, as I have not quite heard this spin on the soul question before?
Was it simply the butterfly incident, or something more?

The butterflies are the majority of it. He's not religious at all, but he does attend church sometimes.

I actually like the idea that part of a person's soul goes to their child since a child is already a 50/50 genetic blend between yourself and your SO, I don't see it being totally unreasonable to think that a fraction of your soul becomes part of your child. On the other hand wouldn't that mean that every sperm I create would have part of my soul?

That's what I was thinking, but I'm not entirely sure about souls dividing to create new souls. That requires souls to have a regenerative ability, to have the same nature as cells almost. And I've never really seen souls in that kind of light. Not to mention that a lot of children turn out really different from their parents. That's why I was asking.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
If you use horcruxes.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
That's what I was thinking, but I'm not entirely sure about souls dividing to create new souls. That requires souls to have a regenerative ability, to have the same nature as cells almost. And I've never really seen souls in that kind of light. Not to mention that a lot of children turn out really different from their parents. That's why I was asking.

Well I imagine if souls are actually a normal function of nature that we simply do not understand yet, and not actually something more metaphysical... then I would imagine that a soul might adhere to what we consider normal biological rules. In which case a new child having half of their soul come from one parent and the other half from the other seems only logical.

Children, a genetic mix of both parents, doesn't necessarily end up looking like either parent even though they share genetics. So it follows that even with shared soul "pieces" they wouldn't necessarily be too similar, especially since it is a mixture.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

But what about souls inhabiting multiple bodies simultaneously?
edit on 10-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Interesting topic.

My first thought is it is possible for a soul to fracture and perhaps become two souls. I know first hand my soul has a hole in it. With this in mind, I can see that a soul could be traumatized in some way as to tear it in two or perhaps fracture it into multiple pieces.

I have never heard this chain of thought on the subject of souls and reincarnation. However, your butterfly story makes sense. Especially when you consider all other aspects of the universe.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
There are several philosophies and religions which state that there exists only one soul, which has split itself trillions of times.

Gnosticism for example, subscribes to that belief.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I think so!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I like the concept, but it is a little harder for me to understand how that would work. This idea is pretty foreign to me, and I would have to wonder if all this fractured souls would have the equivalent to a hive mind, or something of that nature. Or.... are each of these soul fragments completely independent of one another?

This whole subject is subjective, but this particular aspect seems especially hard to swallow. Let me consider it a bit more.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
i assume you are asking about 'Butterfly or 'Moon' children often linked with the 'Monarch Project' and MK Ultra.
timenolonger.wordpress.com...

The CIA projects Monarch and MKultra created Moonchildren and made the connection between bloodline and the spirits which were obtained to inhabit the bodies.

This is where a spirit is sliced in half in that one half doesn't know the other half exists.

Assassins/spys are perfect examples of this where if the assassin is captured, the truth cannot be extracted from their memory until a password is spoken.

An example is the statement 'We have caught the sniper like a duck in a noose'
en.wikipedia.org...

After that statement the Beltway sniper was programmed to give up.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

That's interesting. I kind of agree with that, but I'm a little hesitant to use the word "soul". Again, too much baggage attached.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

"Entity" then...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DisasterButton

Interesting that you say this, that is exactly where I was going. AI, during the Harry Potter series, he finds out that his arch enemy, can break a piece of his soul away through murder, and store it in anything, even a person. Interestingly death being the opposite of birth is funny. Take this for what you will.

www.godsebook.org...

The author, J.K. Rowling purportedly had tied to the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. One of the characters is even named after Blavatsky. How much does she know? I read these books avidly as a kid, it almost makes me want to go back now and see what I can pick out.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

That's kind of where I was going too. We are all one because all of our souls have been splinters of the whole.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Depending on your point of view and beliefs.

But from some different aspects and beliefs the essence of what is human comes from three sources. And there are times when they split and go in seperate directions. So what you are stating does make sense, however, it is rare and usually it is half or 1/3 that goes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join