It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria to U.N.: 'Serious fear' it will be framed for the use of chemical weapons

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wulff

Why do you not think he would use chemical weapons on his own people? Saddam Husein used them on his own people (Kurds).
Why is is so many of our own people like you (apparently) are so ready to side with tyrants and dictators on the "It's all the United States fault!"?
A little patriotism would be shocking to see, at least after 9-11 everyone was proud of the USA and flags were flown everywhere, now it seems a lot of "Americans" are ready to join the terrorists and tyrants and burn our flag!

Saddam used chemical weapons on the Kurds, and Iranians as well. He had Western support during these times which is why he got away with it, heck the United States and various other allied countries even supplied him with these weapons.

I am not siding with any tyrants or dictators but the blame needs to be pointed where it is deserved. As for patriotism, I am not American but have lived there. Anyone who was waiving flags after 911 needs to get their head out of the sand and if you support the US led invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan due to the events of 911 YOU ARE NOT A REAL PATRIOT and are truly lost and need to do some serious fact finding.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I think this is a good move for Syria. All eyes need to be on the ball anyway. IDF are already inside Syria. I believe the last violent exchange might have already been an early attempt with this extremely popular false flag tactic. That rocket that killed no one was fired from inside Syria NEAR an IDF base set up inside of a location in Syria that Israel previously seized. It's still known as Syria.

For all we know that could have been a false flag by IDF because they wouldn't injure themselves and would rather keep the bombing out of Israel if possible. Even if it was Syria that was responsible for that.... Syria is in civil war. Maybe the IDF need to get out.

Or perhaps as long as they are there we can really sit and look at the obvious picture.

An uprising lead to Syria's civil war. Do you think PERHAPS it MIGHT be agged on by the invading forces within Syria's borders? MAYBE?

They're wanting to do the same thing to Syria they are doing to Palestine and it's all for geopolitical strategy.

They want to dismantle that resource line that goes across the middle east into Iran and then on into Russia and Asia.

All those saying it's to cover an attack just cannot give credit for trying to communicate to the world what they think the problem is.... to PREVENT further war. What the hell does Syria have to gain here? How is it going to use war as a way to steal resources from it's impoverished people? All it's doing is making a mess of it's own cities. What's the profit here? Where's the motive that compares to the very clear and very well known Zionist motive? It's all happening right in front of our eyes as the story has been told and still people want to make excuses for these crusading war lords that control the world.

There's only one side that has anything to gain here and that's the little pests that are already inside Syria's skin layers.

Has anyone ever noticed just how little it takes to provoke the IDF to battle?

What do you think would happen if someone brought a rocket launcher into new york city and blew a couple of things up and hurt a few people? That's often the kind of attacks that cause israel to start threatening war all across the board like an evil two year old. Isn't that pathetic. We don't even know who does this crap half the time. We just hear it came out of palestine. Well, seeing as how they have practically no decent infrastructure left, how the hell are they supposed to keep crazy people with rockets outside their borders?

Do you think new York city if one of these more isolated events took place, like someone with bad aim shooting a rocket... do you think they'd have the military fly in and level half the city?...No... they wouldn't. Just like 9/11 people would be standing around shocked while god only knows how many of the planners of that event were there on the scene or close to it to see for themselves that it had gone as planned... like Evelyn Rothschild for example.... all while these Israeli war dogs start a bunch of crap on the media about all their little flea bite attacks from palestine even if no one was killed and how they have to move thousands of IDF troops, go into war mode, level some towns and then scream and holler about Iran.

Why are people still listening to this crap?

Jewish man gets mugged by Palestinian man- WAR WAR WAR TERRORIST WAR!!!! WE HAVE TO GO KILL A BUNCH OF PEOPLE AND TAKE OVER A COUNTRY NOW.

Seriously! i know I'm not the only one who has noticed this.
edit on 10-12-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
If I planned to use chemical weapons, what better cover than to tell the world I was NOT going to use chemical weapons? So how would we ever really know???

What a blonde statement.

Chemical weapons, today ... will never be used by those on the fields. Assat will hurt himself, not his enemies, by the use of chemical weapons.

The only one to gain from the use of chemical weapons, is someone who is far away from the battlefield.

The Possible culprits, are: Iran, CIA and Mossad.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

I agree with everything you said except for the Iranian portion of your post. There is no way for me to know for sure, but I seriously doubt Iran would launch chemical weapons on Syria due to the fact they are allies and have a defense pact/treaty.

Iran is another nation who is under constant threat of attack and have shown restraint during these testing times that they have been subjected to.

Anything is possible but I doubt that Iran would frame Assad for using chemical weapons, I also doubt Iran would use these weapons on any other nation either due to the fact that they are in the same boat as Syria and the Western war machine is looking for any reason possible to justify regime change in both these countries.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Got that, just wanted to add what I was thinking about this whole mess in a worst case scenario and never even included the US in my thoughts, it really was a hit to see that we are the culprits...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by bjarneorn

I agree with everything you said except for the Iranian portion of your post. There is no way for me to know for sure, but I seriously doubt Iran would launch chemical weapons on Syria due to the fact they are allies and have a defense pact/treaty.

Iran is another nation who is under constant threat of attack and have shown restraint during these testing times that they have been subjected to.

Anything is possible but I doubt that Iran would frame Assad for using chemical weapons, I also doubt Iran would use these weapons on any other nation either due to the fact that they are in the same boat as Syria and the Western war machine is looking for any reason possible to justify regime change in both these countries.

I agree. I really don't think Iran is like Israel in the sense that it would bomb an ally to start a war... because I really don't think war is their goal regardless of expressions of knowing it's coming and being ready.

Iran simply does not want to do things the way the western elite wants them to do.

If no war takes place, the east will only prosper beyond the west (which is what the west is trying to prevent by way of war)

Iran has everything to gain by sitting back and watching NO war take place while it plays ball with Asian economies. Iran knows that is likely not going to be the reality because it has been paying close attention to this whole conspiracy.... but that war unfolding does not benefit Iran.

It's only the elite who thinks it will benefit them.

Everyone else only has satisfaction to gain, but I think most of them would rather have that satisfaction in pure form.... meaning, they are going to wait for the west to start it and it most likely will start it... and then hatred for the west will only grow. Even if it doesn't, the west will still fall in global power and they still get to suck it up.

Iran will win best by maintaining business as usual while putting up an appropriate defense.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thank you for the clarification and I apologize for misunderstanding your post.

Don't feel too much shame as it's not your fault these tyrants who run your country are part of the equation, I also feel shame for the actions of my government but in reality we shouldn't but as a decent human we just can't help it, well that's my take on it at least.

I wish this whole mess would just go away but I see it getting worse before it gets any better

Peace.
edit on 12/10/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well I have nothing to say .Just check the link and see whats happening there

Christian Genocide in Syria

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Syria can gain from this if Russia believes the US is behind a chemical attack as it would be an act of aggression. If Russia steps in and possibly China Syria would no longer be the scrawniest guy in the locker room. WWIII begins etc etc. We need a whistle blower to step up and tell us whats going on.

My normal test to determine who is behind something is the who benefits most or follow the money question. Syria could start a big war here and look like the innocent party. Israel could be behind it starting a war to pull Iran to defense and get the war they so badly want with them. The US could be behind it simply for a reason to occupy another middle eastern country, deal out contracts, and suck up foreign resources. Russia could be behind it there are to many possibilities here with out more evidence its a fishing game we could go round and round all day long.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Syria can gain from this if Russia believes the US is behind a chemical attack as it would be an act of aggression. If Russia steps in and possibly China Syria would no longer be the scrawniest guy in the locker room. WWIII begins etc etc. We need a whistle blower to step up and tell us whats going on.

My normal test to determine who is behind something is the who benefits most or follow the money question. Syria could start a big war here and look like the innocent party. Israel could be behind it starting a war to pull Iran to defense and get the war they so badly want with them. The US could be behind it simply for a reason to occupy another middle eastern country, deal out contracts, and suck up foreign resources. Russia could be behind it there are to many possibilities here with out more evidence its a fishing game we could go round and round all day long.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by svmpua
Well I have nothing to say .Just check the link and see whats happening there

Christian Genocide in Syria

What is this? Is the Vatican trying to get on my good side or did they do a switch up because they now realize that two thirds of the world isn't going to go for this Zion crap.

They also say they are inviting ETs

Maybe they are trying to be more secular and more like the people because they want change... or maybe they see this as the more popular bandwagon.

Either way... If this is true, Bishops are doing something right for a change by reporting this.

Maybe I'm being naive but it gives me hope. I'm not glad it's happening, I'm glad it's being reported.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
There is an article from Debka in this subject. The article is the usual bullish debka but this is the paragraph that worries me:

"The battle around Al Safira, site of Syria’s biggest chemical weapons store and Scud D missiles fitted with chemical warheads, is fierce and fluid: the base changes hands every few hours in heavy fighting between Syria army and rebel forces".

So it is not just what the desperate Assad will do with chemical weapons but what a desperate opposition will do (or a normal opposition will do). Selling these weapons to your friends in [please insert any country terrorist group here] may help you finance your war. For the opposition though, they need Western help, they need a no fly zone to fight on equal terms. Setting off chemical weapons against their own people is a sure fire way of getting that no fly zone.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by svmpua

A member who has since been banned has mentioned the targeting of Christians in Syria due to the "uprising" and he even did an interview with a member of the Syrian opposition (not the ones that the West are supporting) who predicted this, and elaborated on how it was already happening.

As the link you provided explains, the Christians in the West eat up the propaganda they are fed and ignore the facts that their fellow Christians are being slaughtered by the "rebels" that they openly support.

Personally I am not religious and consider all humans to be equal but it appears that many religious folk tend to worry more about those who share their faith than those of another faith which I find very hypocritical, which is another reason why I avoid organized religion.

Wow, I just totally went totally off topic didn't I?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Another interesting point in that article mentions again how Turks are helping the rebels get supplies and what-not.

People who are interested go back and look at some of the rebel footage.

Doesn't a lot of those "Syrian rebels" look very Turkish?... I'm sure there are some from all around but I'd swear that a lot Turkish Genes are popping out at me from those videos. Maybe I'm just looking for it very hard.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie
Another interesting point in that article mentions again how Turks are helping the rebels get supplies and what-not.

People who are interested go back and look at some of the rebel footage.

Doesn't a lot of those "Syrian rebels" look very Turkish?... I'm sure there are some from all around but I'd swear that a lot Turkish Genes are popping out at me from those videos. Maybe I'm just looking for it very hard.

Turks are not helping the rebels with weapons ( officially) .

There are lots of Turks with Arab ( Syrian ) roots in Turkey and there are lots of Syrian Arabs with Turkish roots in Syria.

Two countries share a long border and even longer history .

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I've posted this on other threads, a really brief and extremely simplified summary of my understanding of it, which seems relevant to consider:

Assad is probably not an entirely nice guy, though by all appearances he is not nearly half the tyrant his father was, and Syria is pretty much a police state, think Gestapo and the Stasi, though Assad has made some reforms in the last few years.

His father came to rule by an overthrow of the previous govt. During his rule, one of the things that happened, was a Muslim Brotherhood uprising (in the '80s), which he put down, brutally yes, but that's pretty much the gist, and you can then see why the ever deepening police state. A few years before he died, he got sick and was just about overthrown himself...by his brother, who was pretty much in charge of the military. Yeah. He got better, exiled his brother, jailed/killed the others involved, and carried on. He died and the son came to power, much to the bitterness of the brother. The brother is exiled in France, and guess what? He's all for the 'rebels', who are primarily, you guessed it, Muslim Brotherhood. (that's the Syrians that were involved from the beginning. Of course, by now, the majority of the FSA are non-Syrians that were shipped in).

It is true that the US (and others) has spent millions over the last 10 years or more setting up NGO's all over the middle east, including in Syria, to promote 'freedom and democracy'. Do you think they do this out of altruism? No. They US (and others) also work at fomenting and supporting the malcontents, in this case, the Muslim Brotherhood, ever more bitter since the last go round. A few years go by...and bingo, things start to happen.

So, again, is Assad some kind of Saint? No. Is he what we're told he is? No. Did this 'revolution' just appear out of nowhere? No. Are 'we' involved? Absolutely.

Were there citizens in Syria who genuinely wanted change and political reform, who didn't like Assad? Yes. Was that reform happening? Yes, until the fighting (fomented by 'us') broke out, and all that came to an end until the fighting stops.

Does the FSA, and ergo the Muslim Brotherhood, actually represent that 'freedom and reform'? No, though they seemed to in the beginning. What their aim is, an Islamic state, translates to less freedom, not more. (It is now Secular).

And guess what? A lot of those people who were railing against Assad for change, and even for him to be gone? A lot of them are now on his side, if only because they know what will replace him is worse.

There are also other opposition groups who are calling for change and reform, but it's not a requisite that Assad go. There are those that are okay with Assad going; But what they all agree they do NOT want, is foreign intervention under any circumstances. And guess what? NONE of those groups, or members of those groups, are part of, or even invited to be a part of the 'official opposition' being paraded around by "The Friends of Syria" and now being recognized by other countries as the "Official representatives of the Syrian people".

*Another thing I recently came across suggested that the govt the father overthrew to come into power was felt to have been a western backed coup with which we're quite familiar. Again, this gives context as to 'why he just won't step down' and why most Syrian people would not want him to, even those that do not like him. It was not that long before the father came to power that they were ruled by the French, and one of the things the father stood for, what the Baath party stands for, is secular and Pro-Arab, anti-Western policies. So it does seem to me that no matter how many Syrians wanted reforms and greater freedom, and even an end to Assad rule, the LAST thing they would want would be outside interventions with their country and politics from either the FUKUS countries, or Islamist ones.

**And in regard to the chemical weapons: his father, who was more brutal and more of a tyrant, even he DID NOT use them in the 80's when putting down the last MB uprising.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Assad is being set up. He would have to be a lunatic to use chemical weapons on civies... and he would have to be flat out retarded to use them when foreign powers have been dieing for an excuse to move in.

It seems as if everyone seems to fall for the same bs over and over again.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

It seems as if everyone seems to fall for the same bs over and over again.

Too many of them refuse to accept the reality of the situation which includes learning from past fiascoes, if Iraq and Libya weren't enough, nothing will ever teach them, they might as well invade Norway for harboring garden gnomes and they would believe it.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I should take the word of guy who mortars his own people? I'm really sick of people saying this is all a US covert op, it distracts us from the real issues that are happening in Syria.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
But you take the word of the people who thought "that the deaths of 500,000 Iraqi children was worth it...", you take their word when they claim they care about the Syrian people?

Wake up man. 'They' don't care about them, or us.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join