It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria to U.N.: 'Serious fear' it will be framed for the use of chemical weapons

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

That is exactly what will be done. The writing is on the wall. I have read a few articles already alleging that Syria is readying chemical weapons. Of course I don't believe that for one minute. It will be the excuse to have foreign boots in Syria. The terrorists need help and it shall be provided.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

That is exactly what will be done. The writing is on the wall. I have read a few articles already alleging that Syria is readying chemical weapons. Of course I don't believe that for one minute. It will be the excuse to have foreign boots in Syria. The terrorists need help and it shall be provided.

I was just listening to that wingnut Hague and what he feels needs to be done.. What you just said was pretty much what he was dribbling on about. Syria is only going to get worse.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by something wicked

Is there nothing you won't twist round to make Israel the enemy? I just knew you couldn't resist it.

Do you not find it suspicious that Israel has it's hands in the cookie jar so to speak while this situation unfolds? I believe the possibility I mentioned is one of many possible developments. I mentioned that option among others. Some people just can't handle logical brainstorming when it comes to mentioning Israel when it comes to Middle East issues.

I did not say that they would, just that they might...it's not like they don't have a long history of false flag activity

It's not some people can't handle' it, it's the fact that every post you seem to make inevitably blames or (with the subtlety of a brick) implies it's probably Israel at fault.It's the lack of logical blaming anything but Israel.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

reply to post by something wicked

Is there nothing you won't twist round to make Israel the enemy? I just knew you couldn't resist it.

Do you not find it suspicious that Israel has it's hands in the cookie jar so to speak while this situation unfolds? I believe the possibility I mentioned is one of many possible developments. I mentioned that option among others. Some people just can't handle logical brainstorming when it comes to mentioning Israel when it comes to Middle East issues.

I did not say that they would, just that they might...it's not like they don't have a long history of false flag activity

It's not some people can't handle' it, it's the fact that every post you seem to make inevitably blames or (with the subtlety of a brick) implies it's probably Israel at fault.It's the lack of logical blaming anything but Israel.

Great deflection from the rest of my post

You may not like my opinions but they are based on logic. As I mentioned, which you conveniently made sure not to acknowledge, Israel is very active in the region. To ignore their invovlement would be ignorant and asanine. You pop into my thread and try to dictate the flow of of information that should be discussed.

I provided a link that states direct Israeli involvement in the Syrian WMD fiasco that has been in the news lately and you criticize me for bringing up this development. I'm sorry to say it, and you're not going to like it, but the Israeli government is a major problem in the Middle East and if they were to stop messing with the region things would be much more peaceful. If Israel wasn't #ing around all the time I wouldn't be making threads that point out their actions.

Now instead of attacking my "post history" how about you return to the thread and acknowledge some of the content I have provided as I am open for civil discussion. I will ask you again since you sidestepped my original question.

"Do you not find it suspicious that Israel has it's hands in the cookie jar so to speak while this situation unfolds?"

I can't help but to find it at least a little suspicious.

To be honest, if I had to bet on it, my money would be on the "rebels" to use the chemical weapons, but as I previously said I cannot read minds and maybe Assad would even do so as a final act of desperation, but I doubt it.
edit on 12/10/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Opinion incoming --- ALERT ALL!

I think Assad has been being set up for months, all kinds of non-MSM reports are that many of the so-called 'rebels' are not Syrian. If this is true, it's not a rebellion, it's an invasion.

There's no way around that if in fact there are non-Syrians attacking Assad. I am no fan of Assad or his methods, but there has not been one single thing that has occured to make me think the so-called rebels have anything in mind that would lead to something better.

This is looking more and more like the absolutely criminal treatment of the Serbians back in the 90's. Set them up with tales of 'visionary revolutionists', call the current ruler a tyrant and set up staged photo ops to feed the MSM machine, go drop some soldiers as close as possible (Turkish Border, now being loaded with NATO hardware and soldiers though everyone KNOWS Assad would never commit suicide by attacking Turkey) so that even a minor goof can be made a claim for war....well, if someone wants war they'll get it this way.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I have attempted to find those articles I mentioned earlier, with no luck regrettably. I recall stories from last Spring or Summer quoting Assad saying he will use chemical weapons if attacked, then the statements were denied.

But now all I can find are articles discussing what has been in the news over the last couple weeks, nothing from an earlier date. I will make sure to update the thread if I find what I mentioned.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Wait a sec. Why is everyone pretending that Syria doesn't like these reports. These "reports" of them getting ready to use chemical weapons does them very well. It's a defensive move. It says "If you invade Nato, we are going to unleash hell like you've never seen, stay out". It's smart strategy. I don't believe they have a huge stockpile, and are over hyping their own chemical weapon capability for defense. Like Sadam, Assad is underestimating what a bunch of warmongers we are.

Remember when we bugged Saddam did about WMD's and he pretended to have them to keep IRAN out of his country. We are just too stupid to understand what game these leaders are playing.
articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

reply to post by DarknStormy

I have attempted to find those articles I mentioned earlier, with no luck regrettably. I recall stories from last Spring or Summer quoting Assad saying he will use chemical weapons if attacked, then the statements were denied.

But now all I can find are articles discussing what has been in the news over the last couple weeks, nothing from an earlier date. I will make sure to update the thread if I find what I mentioned.

No worries. I haven't heard of it before so it would be interesting to take a look at. I might have a look myself.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
A while ago Assads government said they would only use Chems if they were attacked by an outside force,never against their own people.
And sadly if the west get involved in Syria,I believe they would use them-being as they know they are doomed if NATO step in.
Nothing left to lose for assads people if they know they will each be hunted down and killed.

God only knows what would happen if that scenario took place.

Stop the world,I want to get off.
We can do so much better than this crap...with our intelligence and compassion,we could be living in a paradise on Earth-instead we all put up with the BS that goes on and on and on.

What is the answer though-I wish I knew..

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Banksters...

I seen in another thread that Syria is one of only about six countries that do not have a central bank that is controlled by a certain group of people..

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

WE NEED TO DO SOMTHING THIS WAR IS JUST TO OUT OF AHND

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Banksters...

I seen in another thread that Syria is one of only about six countries that do not have a central bank that is controlled by a certain group of people..

Indeed Bro.
Iran is among the 6 as well.
Amazing and sick what they will do to "open up new markets."

Like I said,we can do better than this.
Worked fine for a few hundred years before,with the silk route trading and all.
Guess no one was getting bullied with the threat of nuclear annihilation back then though..

edit on 10/12/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
They should be,I think that is how the NWO/UN rolls these days.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

It certainly is complicated but we need to think bout who has what to gain from the use of chemical weapons, and in my opinion the answer to that question is quite clear. The West, and those who want regime change in Syria will have the most to gain and Assad has nothing to gain by using these weapons.

Assad has the most to gain as any dictator would lose his own country without doing anything, and everything to stop it.

Iran has a lot to gain as a continued "ally".

Russia has a lot of gain sweet military contracts to rebuild as well as their naval base.

China has a lot of gain sweet military, and infrastructure contracts.

Assad fears a "frame" that is laughable the guy is a bloody tyrant.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I do not believe Assad will use chemical weapons on his people or neighboring countries.

He has no problem using Aircraft or Tanks on his own people?

His Country has attacked Turkey, No?

the people behind the scenes would have lots to gain

The people behind the scenes do have "lots to gain". Iran, Russia, China.......

Personally? I don't think he will use them. Then again, when a Family controls a Government for years, its hard to leave peacefully.

edit on 10-12-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I agree and disagree with some of what you said.

Assad is certainly a tyrant, I would not want to live under his regime, that being said if I were a Syrian I would rather live under his regime than what is coming their way which is a Western puppet regime that will treat the Syrian people just as bad if not worse than the Assads.

I disagree with him having the most to gain by using chemical weapons due to the fact he gains nothing if he gives the Western war machine a really good reason to invade his country.

Let's just pretend Assad DID use the chemical weapons...his whole regime would be toppled instantly...even though that the end of his reign is on its way no matter which course of action the West tries to take. The West tried to stage an "uprising" but the terrorists they employed couldn't do the job right so now they are moving on to the WMD lies just like they did with Iraq.

Assad has NOTHING to gain from the use of chemical weapons.

As for China and Russia gaining sweet contracts, that goes without saying as most powerful nations help "rebuild" countries after they destroy them. We have seen it in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Libya in recent years. The thing is, it was for the most part Halliburton and other American companies who got these "sweet contracts".

China and Russia would probably capitalize as well once it's all said and done but they are already in Iran and Syria while the US have limited dealings with these countries. Isn't it funny that certain American and European companies are still trading with Iran regardless of the sanctions?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Assad has NOTHING to gain from the use of chemical weapons.

Don't see it that way he gets to keep his country and make billions off the rebuilding as a tyrant thinks "what is a few broken eggs to make an omelet.", and he gets paid.

The problem is with all things middle eastern is far too many people are thinking like westerners.

Want to understand the middle east?

Have to think like they do.;

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Interesting...do you believe if Assad uses chemical weapons he will be allowed to remain in power?

Perhaps we have a different view on the situation but it is my belief that if he were to use chemical weapons, or if he were to be framed, NATO would open a huge can of whip ass on him and he would be taken out just like Hussein and Gaddafi, whether it was by trial and jury or death by a mob of savage terrorists, it could go various ways but as I said he would not remain in power, and would not capitalize on the lucrative contracts that come with rebuilding nations that have been destroyed.

Understanding the Middle East is just as simple as understanding the West, the governments of both these regions are corrupt and driven by greed, as any other nation for that matter, some more than others.

It is not fair to compare the citizens of a country to their corrupt leaders, but yes I do admit differences between the people of the ME and the West for obvious reasons.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

First off, I apologize for using CNN as the source for this news but it seems to be legit. Secondly, to be clear, all sides in this complicated situation have blood on their hands.

I do not believe Assad will use chemical weapons on his people or neighboring countries. That being said, I certainly could see the "rebels" doing so as they, and the people behind the scenes would have lots to gain by this due to the fact that it would be a perfect reason to invade Syria and force regime change which has been on the horizon for a long time.

To make things even more interesting, Israeli special forces are supposedly in Syria in order to "Track Chemical Weapons in Syria". I for one do not trust Israeli special forces as they are well known for their use of false flag activity in order to forward their agenda. I have included the story about this in the additional links section. They say it is IDF, but I am willing to bet that Mossad is there as well.

The media propaganda machine has been in overdrive recently with the whole WMD's in Syria story. I believe they are going this route instead of the "rebel" uprising because that plan has backfired for the West and their meddling has been exposed and the world now knows that these terrorists in Syria are not fighting for the Syrian people and they clearly have other motives.

Let's all hope that these chemical weapons are not unleashed on the people of Syria and the surrounding countries.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12/10/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

Why do you not think he would use chemical weapons on his own people? Saddam Husein used them on his own people (Kurds).
Why is is so many of our own people like you (apparently) are so ready to side with tyrants and dictators on the "It's all the United States fault!"?
A little patriotism would be shocking to see, at least after 9-11 everyone was proud of the USA and flags were flown everywhere, now it seems a lot of "Americans" are ready to join the terrorists and tyrants and burn our flag!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Assad is using Russian Hinds to reign down rockets on his people him using chemical weapons is not out of the realm of possibilities.

However If I could see the future I would have won that powerballs 500 million dollar jackpot.
edit on 10-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join