It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He only did what he believed was best to avoid that which he believed he knew would come.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Short short story that shows the importance of understanding the conclusions and consequences of getting mixed up in belief and knowledge.

Kane sits silently in his favorite chair watching the tears emerging from the eyes of his spouse. Her eyes moves around the room erratically as if they where lost in the darkest depths of space. Every now and then her eyes locks on the calendar on the wall and seems to send her to a place where her mind gaze into absolute emptiness.
Kane turns his head to the dinner-table where their two sons sits with their heads resting silently on the table. On the table there stands two separately prepared dishes his wife made to give her two angels a last taste of the wonders that life can bring. The table is not full, there are still two empty chairs and two more plates prepared.
Kane closes his eyes and whispers, "why?". His wife looks at him and says; "We are only doing what's best, right?". Doubt chills down his spine but he reminds himself of what the next day will bring. "Undoubtedly!" he answers and gets up on his feet. The waiting was over, their sons were no longer in danger of waking up alone awaiting a horrible fate. Kane reached out his hand and expressed what would be his last words; "They are through, they are safe. Come on love, lets eat."

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I feel awful for this shameful bump, but I really hoped for some feedback as I have never written something like this before (that I can remember at least.). I know my grammar ain't quite world class but my primary focus is the content and giving a different perspective on the situations and the choices it makes some people take.

Sincerely
ShadowBase

new topics

join