Oh No, it's a 22nd December thread, what shall we do???

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Coming upto the next biggest date in the ATS or world calendar is December 21st 2012, a date we are all aware of by now.
Most of the world with TV or radio or even those with a seemingly efficient government is aware that the 21st of December 2012 has relevance in some form or other.

Over the past year I have noticed not only here on ATS but also TV and radio advertisements, TV 'Mockumentaries' and newpaper stories about the impending date. But to be honest in my opinion I really don't see anything truly remarkable happening on a global scale.

Lets take into context the date and the current mentality of Humankind, currently we are living in a fearful state, whether its terror attacks, invasions either by foreign countries, immigrants or diseases we are all pretty worked up about something.

We are all nervous about the future, add to that nervy mix TV and radio campaigns for 'end of world products ( Lynx body spray springs to mind ), Newpaper stories about the date and apocolypse scenaries, I even saw last night a documentary about 2012 Apocolypse and its 'scientifically' qualified guest speakers.
Now that the Australian PM has thrown her hat in the ring with a 'fake' announcement, its all it bit concerning isn't it?
There have been lots of 'doomsday' stories and how the people that believe it are insane, paranoid, or should be sectioned and placed into special care.

We all know the Mayan Prophecies, Nostrodamus and his take on it, plus numerous threads on ATS about Alien contact 'revealing' the 'truth' about December 21st its impossible not to see or hear about it.
Threads on Preppers being seen either as domestic terrorists, or overzealous panicking people worried about mice farting and causing global warming, is abound on not only ATS but other sites as well, people laughing at Preppers and are calling the a joke, but in reality preppers only prep for most eventualities, after all whats the point of prepping if the world is about to end completely?.

But what will happen? I myself have no idea, I have my own opinions, my wife even has her own ideas ( ones that include hoping something does happen), and to be honest I hope something happens as well, but before you all say I would revel in the deaths of millions you could not be further from the truth, I certainly wouldn't.

I can see that the world today has become a shallow place, more concerned with looks, being popular, making money, telling others how great you are. It has become a very selfish , self centered world we live in, anyone without OUR way of thinking must be evil and destroyed or ignored.

My wife and I are of the same mind that the world needs a humbling experience to remind us that we are all connected in someway, that we all need to re-establish communication with each other, that we are all someones brother, sister, mother, father or child or cousin and that fanticism in religeon and politics is a sham to keep us seperated from simply talking to each other face to face.

People fight over material goods, money, gold, power but these are things you cannot take with you when you die so why fight and kill for them? wouldn't it be a better legacy to be remembered fondly with respect instead of fear?
We argue over the smallest slight, instead of stepping back and saying 'engage me in intellectual conversation' instead of fisticuffs.

The world will certainly change for some on the 22nd of December though, there will be quite a few deaths on that day and most of them will be down to old age and accidents rather than the end of the world, so yes the 21st will be devastating to some, and one notion to think about is that the world as we know it ends every second of everyday and every second changes your world, reading this may change you in some way or it may not, who knows?.

A lot of people remember December 31st 1999 and that the end of the world was also predicted for then as well but we are still here, and even if by some 'anti-miracle' the world does fall into calamity we will remain, we will resolve to survive as we have done so over hundreds and thousands of years and thousands of 'events'.

Most people blame each other, the elites or the power of attraction on the worlds ills, they blame each other because blaming oneself is a sign of weakness in their eyes, but they too are to blame but too cowardly to admit it.
They blame the elite's, sure the so called elites could be better, but as I said earlier it is better to be fondly remembered than dispised isn't it? Building underground shelters only makes people think 'what are they upto'?, culling population numbers is also not a good idea after all the elites want money and power don't they? More money and power can be gained from expansion ( history taught us that) but its is a lesson they seem to have forgotten), who knows what wonders await discovery once we leave Earth?

They blame the Law of attraction, that the LOA is affected by emotions, both negative and positve apparently, December 21st will have so much negative emotion, so much anxiety that according to some the LOA may be affected into a negative event.

Only waking up on December 22nd will show us that nothing Earth shattering happened, and even if it does and we are all not here the universe will still be here on what is our calendar of December 22nd, so why worry?

Some say we will ascend? some say we will fall? we do both in one day, but its our choice or should I say your choice to ascend everyday, to be a better person or to fall into disgrace, so on the 22nd will you wipe your brow, say 'Phew, I'm glad we are all still here' and carry on? or simply say 'it was all hogwash anyway'?.

I know that on the 21st I shall take the day as it comes.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I believe the Markets will collapse on Friday the 21st. Banks are always closed the Saturday before Christmas(dec 22) so people cannot storm the banks asking for cash currency.

I hope that is the worse thing that happens.... I do not think aliens are coming. I do not think we are going to war. I think the economy is about to crash.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
On a side note:

Does anyone know if preppers are withdrawing their money from their bank accounts ?

With all banks having such a high leverage these days, this might have a profound knock-on affect.

Soon everyone on 22 Dec 2012 will say 'we have been lied too; again'.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

I wouldn't even use money as toilet paper when the SHTF.

Last thing you want is STDs on top of solar flares and starvation.

Now... Can't we save the December 22 threads for December 22?

Reminds me of the elections, everyone's gotta write a thread on it. Then it's over, and we get the fallout for the remainder of the month.

RON PAUL DECEMBER 21

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Considering CERN is firing up the Hadron Collider , right up till the 21st...I'd be seriously worried.
As another member pointed out in a different 2012 thread, we are just one accident away from being blown into oblivion by that thing that burns 100,000 times hotter than the damn sun!
Not real intelligent to play god (particle) on the planet in which you reside...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Show me proof that cern is doing anything at all this entire month besides shutting down?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
reply to post by Rapha

Now... Can't we save the December 22 threads for December 22?

Reminds me of the elections, everyone's gotta write a thread on it. Then it's over, and we get the fallout for the remainder of the month.

RON PAUL DECEMBER 21

Well you know.. premature ejaculators everywhere...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

They shut down on the 22nd for vacation. So it's safe to say they will be running final tests up until that date.

cdsweb.cern.ch...

that's the link to their publicized website.

Now I couldn't find anything official from CERN saying when or what they are testing this month, however, their date coincides with all the articles popping up around the net about the 17th - 21st being CERN's 'grandest' tests to-date.

Here's just the first one from a google search "CERN December 17 Tests":
______beforeitsnews/2012/2012/12/cern-lhc-largest-ever-experiment-coincides-with-mayan-end-date-2440756.html

Anything else?
edit on 10-12-2012 by wishful1gnorance because: editing

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wishful1gnorance

Using beforeitsnews.com... as a source for reliable information is as good as askinga camel what is going on in the world. Just sayin'.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wishful1gnorance
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Anything else?

Yeah, any source other than conspiracy / tinfoil hat sites (no offense to ATS members meant there, I mean other sites) and what is a rehash of an april fools joke on beforeitsnews.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
reply to post by AccessDenied

Show me proof that cern is doing anything at all this entire month besides shutting down?

Show me proof it's not.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I think you have comprehension problems. I wasn't using it as a source, but it is just copy pasting all the other sites that are posting about it, they are all equally unreliable, I was just using it as an example to show what others were talking about, I even stated right before, "this is not official." Meaning it isn't substantiated. Why don't you do something other than waste my time?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by wishful1gnorance

Well i don't like getting into rudeness... but i didn't see anywhere that anyone in particular asked you to look for them.. just sayin.. you wanted to waste your own time as far as I can tell and to look up and egotistically post a link for a tabloid news source.... well thanks but we're just saying no thanks.. so no there isn't anything else unless you have a valid source. Thank you.
edit on 10-12-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

top topics

join