It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Theory About How Ed Leedskalnin Built Coral Castle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

The box sounds familiar to me from something I read about the three tripods that are visible in a photo of his tower and the surrounding area, which appears on the inside back cover of his book A Book in Every Home. Two of the tripods are capped with boxes but the one farthest in the background has no box. I have the book; I scanned the photo:

Here is a photo from the website Vestri Aerotech:

Did the show also talk about the Perpetual Motion Holder?

I don't have any theories on what happened to the box. But I've read a theory that the three tripods could be associated with some type of electronic/magnetic triangulation.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremy Stride

Welcome!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This website had some interesting information on Leedskalnin. It also has several pictures of the box I was talking about.

Photos

This talks about the perpetual holder.

Leedskalnin

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

The tripods are there to lift the blocks.

You can even see that in the image you've posted. He's using pulleys and ropes.

Why would there be a need for a perpetual motion device on the top of a tripod anyway?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

If he used the tripods in more than one way.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I suspect that the box on the top of the tripod is merely there to protect the block and tackle from snow/water damage.

I have done similar when working in the marine industry, usually when removing/installing large engines in boats.

Just looking at the size of the blocks and the tripod legs themselves, would lead me to guestimate the holding capacity at over 20,000kg with good ropes and well oiled blocks. More likely than not, clever Ed would have an anchor point close to the tripod so that he could run a second block and tackle to allow him to lift the sections of stone with one hand whilst guiding its position with a lead-line in the other.

No sound-therapy, magnetic-voodoo or ultra-sonically induced unicorn farts required.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
you can't just say ADM is the key to everything

you left out the period, and the 10 and the cent sympbol

what does numerologyu say when you look at all of it together ?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Why is the one end a 4 and the other a 40?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
“Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum strong enough, and single-handed I can move the world.” -Archimedes

I think Leedskalnin new a thing or two about what Archimedes was talking about.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I will never understand why this man didn't share his "gift" of knowing how to make his Castle.

If I knew how to do this, I would share it with the World.

No codes. No secrets. No keeping it with me, to my grave.

edit on 11-12-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

What was the J hook used for?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Maybe some answers could be found in the 67 page .pdf document referenced by Jeremy in the post entitled "Coral Castle Book by Carrol A. Lake":

Col. Carrol A. Lake, engineer and author, spent two years interviewing the people of the Redlands area of South Florida to obtain the material used in this book. It is essentially factual and is all that is known of Edward Leedskalnin.

The story is told in the 1st and 3rd person to give the reader an intimate feeling and rapprochement with Leedskalnin’s actual life during the thirty years he spent building his masterpiece.

This book is a must read and until recently it has been almost impossible to find.

I ask that credit is remembered for the Historical Museum of Southern Florida in any copies made of this material.

I typed this copy myself very early in 2010 and it took me a long time.

View or Download PDF File – Coral Castle Book – Carrol A. Lake.pdf

The file is only about 400kb and will download quickly on any connection.

Yes, it downloaded quickly.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Thanks Mary.

Will download and take a look.

This always fascinated me.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You're welcome.

I look forward to your interpretation, should you post about it.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

It's still sweet that this man spent his entire life building this place in the hopes to get his woman back.

I thought you might enjoy seeing this photo, which comes from the post by Jeremy entitled "Korallu Pils (Coral Castle) Book by Andris Stavro":

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

The URL for the Historical Museum of Southern Florida has changed.

I was curious to know who the publisher was so I googled the site but find no reference to the book.

Jeremy, is the book actually titled Coral Castle Book and does it have a publisher, or is it published by the Historical Museum of Southern Florida?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
If all Ed was doing was using a block and tackle...why was he concerned with calculating the best time of day to move stones; based on the natural flow of Earths electrons, why did he drill holes in the blocks and wrap them? Why did he create an electrical charge with a fly wheel? Why try to rewrite accepted theories of magnetism? There's more to this than 3 simple posts and a network block and tackle rigging...

Just because one cannot understand the processes(lost) and see the solution; and can recognize some of the parts, to do portions of the work required...does not equal a debunk of the process in which the stones were actually moved.

Would I make all of this random junk; and perform unrelated calculations, just to move some stones with a block and tackle? Would anyone else? At some point rationality has to enter a persons process of reasoning; when problem solving. His motivation wasn't money or fame; he was not crazy...the typical reasons behind unrelated things found in a process..."I'll teach you my secret; but you have to buy my plans", or under a delusion that cranking a flywheel gave him a supernatural power to lift the blocks. None of that fits his profile. He was a broken hearted immigrant waiting; for his princess to one day walk through the gates, of a castle he made for her with his own two hands...that's all he ever wanted; and hence was also his motivation.

If one can answer why all the unrelated objects, writings, calculations etc. around moving stones...are there if they have nothing to do with moving them at all; then one may arrive at a sufficient debunk. Otherwise...one has only convinced themselves as well as those; that can't figure it out either...just 3 posts and a block and tackle sure why not; it is the easiest road in ones mind to solve a problem, in person that cannot admit defeat.

I have my own theory on how he did it; and it's quite a simple theory of how it was done...do I want to share it here at ATS? Where they will own all rights to it; if I divulge how I think he did it; and how all of these seemly unrelated items work together? Nope. If we had ownership of all we author here...sure why not. If you're that interested in figuring out the process and recreating it...I dropped some huge hints, most people leave out or do not consider at all in experiments. He really does lay it all out neatly...but some stuff you have to be familiar with as a layman or the dots will never connect.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I learned about Code 144 by listening to Freeman of FreemanTV.com interview Randy Powell, a person associated with Marko Rodin's Vortex Math. During that interview they discussed the 9 ton door at Coral Castle. Randy said that the door finally broke in the 90s, he believes, and when engineers were called in to fix it, they couldn't do it in such a way that it would spin the way it used to.

This is from Jeremy's post "Rare 8mm Film Footage of Coral Castle" dated April 3, 2012:

A few months ago I was able to purchase a roll of 8mm film containing some short footage of Coral Castle from way back. A friend helped me get it converted to a new digital format.

I guess this must be that 9 ton door before it broke: Link

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This photo comes from Jeremy's post "The Numbers – 7129 6105195":

Were Leedskalnin using conventional methods to build his castle, I don't think he would have put that sign there.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
reply to post by sonnny1

Maybe some answers could be found in the 67 page .pdf document referenced by Jeremy in the post entitled "Coral Castle Book by Carrol A. Lake"

This is from Chapter Two "Land-Owner":

Both became very fond of the little man. They were deeply impressed by his constant good humor and by his unusually clean and orderly care of himself, his clothes, his room, and his few belongings.

He was very pleasant company for them, and a good example. He radiated a quiet friendliness and a fundamental goodness. He always saw good in people. He looked for good. He expected only good.

How can you not like this guy?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join