It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey...Hardcore anti-Christians..............or any faith basher's that apply!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onewhoknowsjesus
reply to post by InhaleExhale

lol you must have been bored and thought you made an intelligent point by hopping on here today with some for of primative attempt to insult me or my veiws....lol.............jeese....your so witty!

Sorry for your misinterpretation, I made no attempt primitive or intelligent to insult you or your views,

I said you actually have a point but are being hypocritical about it and asked why this was in US Political Madness trying to use a little humor as it seems more relevant in the rant section.

Again sorry for your misinterpretation

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

reply to post by snewpers

again i was making a point that belief 's a person does not believe in should not be a threat to the non-believer or a problem,unless the ones who practice the beliefs try to hurt or kill you...we are all free to believe as we wish...i know this crap already...my point is im not wasting time, energy,or words about something I truly do not believe in.but everyone here seems they want to attack my idea's or questions....so who's being close minded now?

Hmm wait a sec. You started this threat didn't you?
You are asking questions here, not me. I'm not
wasting time on your religion, I am -obviously- wasting
time on you. Why even waste time on a threat you
really don't want anyone with no religion to answer on.

I'll answer your last question tho', since you've asked me:
You are, like anyone who follows a religion.

/care

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I must have struck a nerve...sorry no harsh judgement here just trying to figure out why it's so hard to understand here what i was truly making a point about here, about a simplistic question but hey..........all the believers abd non believers are attacking me....and do you know why because I am pulling the rug out from underneath both sides here and they all hate me for it....so judge!...judge away witty smarty know it all's! choose ignorance and attack me for my beliefs or in this threads case the point of showing people just how controlled they really are.............lol have a nice life.....dam kinda feel like the very thing I am being accused of is happening to me here...lol

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Onewhoknowsjesus

but you like so many others are just picking and choosing what you want out of this thread...

I responded to pretty much your entire OP. I wouldn't call that picking and choosing. If what you mean by that is disagreement, then sure I am picking and choosing.

the main point here is to point out people going out of their way to bash,and disrespect

You don't see the irony here?

those that believe in something positive

Well not everyone agrees all religious belief is positive. Instead of complaining about us, make a compelling argument why it's all positive.

why spend time out of your life questioning something you do not believe in?

Because others believe in it? There is a zillion reasons why. The important thing is that it's questioned. Everything should be questioned. Hell that's intrinsic to our motto 'deny ignorance'.... perhaps it's time you adopted this practice.

but instead i got a bunch of "god hater's"attacking my idea's and question

What divine source did you tap to ascertain the religious views of the posters here? I know I didn't give any indication nor the other posts I saw. You just assume anyone that disagrees is a god-hating devil-loving science worshiper hmmm?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

that made no sense you just made a circle with words...ow about you try answering the question honestly...or don't.And thanks for getting your panties in a bunch over a question.say's a lot about you

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I think it's all to funny.....People are so quick to be contolled by what they read or see....even further more all these goddamn nut jobs of whom keep trying to manipulate people with religon's to see their simple minded veiw points is just becoming to much for me to stomach.All the lemmings who follow this mind frame are not much different.My hope is that commen scennse and better morals come back into play.....or we are all f@#$ed!

Written by the op on another thread.
Hypocrite...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Gee, I myself am a Christian but that is some genuine pot and kettle action going on there. I for one would never ridicule someone for their beliefs. Although I am fervent in the veracity of my faith; I feel that if one is to be intellectually honest they must admit that the philosophical or religious position they hold has been heavily influenced by their life experiences. Had i been born in Saudi Arabia it is very likely I would have been born a Muslim. If a person seeks God he will draw them near. Even if you are in the right it is arrogance to feel superior simply because you won a race in which you did not have as far to go.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
Matthew 7: 3-5

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

finally someone who get's it...thank you

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I think everyone should consider the following quote:

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Whether God exists or not is irrelevant. How you live your life is what makes you who you are.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

finally someone who gets it....thank you

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

I respect that reply

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

Did you understand the point i was attempting to make here?I was saying something to get a reaction...to prove a point...did you see what i was trying to accomplish here?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I must have struck a nerve...sorry no harsh judgement here just trying to figure out why it's so hard to understand here what i was truly making a point about here, about a simplistic question but hey..........all the believers abd non believers are attacking me....and do you know why because I am pulling the rug out from underneath both sides here and they all hate me for it....so judge!...judge away witty smarty know it all's! choose ignorance and attack me for my beliefs or in this threads case the point of showing people just how controlled they really are.............lol have a nice life.....dam kinda feel like the very thing I am being accused of is happening to me here...lol

I quoted your whole message because context really matters here in my view. It means everything. So let me highlight what in your quote got my attention the strongest here.

..........all the believers abd non believers are attacking me....and do you know why because I am pulling the rug out from underneath both sides here and they all hate me for it....so judge!...judge away witty smarty know it all's!

Now, I admit..just occasionally, there are individuals or debate topics I get downright petty with and cross lines of conduct for being childish about. We're all human and it gets the best of us, IMO. However, I read your words here and have to ask myself one question...one word, really. Why? What brings you to a website where this is your goal and form of entertainment?

You say yourself that you are infuriating BOTH sides. That basically means you're picking a fight with ATS membership as a WHOLE...you do realize that, right? So...again, why? Is there something about this that is really worth it? I'm honestly confused and honestly asking. I hadn't started this note, to be blunt, to ask that in an open way...but I realize by the end? I really DO want to hear what you might have for motivation behind your sentiment? Thanks!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

all Im asking is if you don't believe in something or you think is stupid then why waste time hating it...it's not real...so why hate it...stress yourself over nothing?little confused here...........hey guess what i hate the easter bunny.....so every other day im going to waste time out of my existence to hate on the easter bunny........lol see what i mean here?

People don't kill in the name of the Easter Bunny.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

..the main point here is to point out people going out of their way to bash,and disrespect those that believe in something positive.........

Ummm, yeah, I guess you're right. For the Islamic extremists that crashed planes into the WTC and killing thousands was something positive for them. They received forty virgins when they got into heaven.

Oh I know, I know, this isn't YOUR religion. So, you aren't responsible at all when you support the belief that there's a big magical guy in the sky. The deaths of the victims have nothing to do with you even though you support the idea that religions offer something positive. Like Pontius Pilate, you can wash your hands of the whole matter.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I smell a big, fat, hairy, troll.

I am going to make a rare nox prediction, that this poster is banned inside of a month.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hi,

Religion is not a problem for me if its taught inside the home.

Not involved in Politics, Schools, every street corner.. etc.... sooner or later people will be rising against it.. in some case, became militantly against it.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

For as much time as half of you "I don't believe in anything type's" spend belly aching about how Jesus Christ is not real or Christians are evil,judging,people......one might think all you supposed Atheist/devil peeps/science worshipers are some how bothered by what you do not believe in?......hmmmmmm interesting.Why for the love of common sense and a lucrative mind do you insist on making joke's,or attempting to put people down who believe something that stands for good or have moral scrutiny?I for one,if i do not believe in something Im not going to waste time out of my life bashing on it....it makes all of you who do it...and you know who you are....look very stupid.And btw if this world is run by a dark devil god thingy.......I am without a doubt it hates all of you....lol peace out dummies

I am only "anti-christian" in the sense that Christians label anything unlike themselves as "anti-christian". As far as I'm concerned, though, I am far from anti-christian. And it's because of my respect for their religion that I ask Christians the following questions:

If Christians truly espoused brotherly love, charity, and social responsibility without pushing hateful laws that pass judgement and restrict equal rights, do you think atheists would still pick on you?

If Christians came together and uniformly condemned all military actions and withdrew their blind support for them and preached tolerance, do you think Atheists would still pick on you?

The people who pick on Christians are the ones who are reminded daily that adherents to your religion have no love for them and they also know that the only thing keeping Christians from executing everybody else is social evolution... which contemporary Christianity is constantly working to stop.

Unfortunately, even if you are a Christian who thinks for himself, you have a violent history of hate behind your faith and you will be stigmatized by a large percentage of people your religion deems to be "of the devil".

I always defend Christians when they are simply trying to practice their beliefs and not the beliefs of the corporate church structure but, at the same time, it's not so hard to understand why being associated with a group that is all about reforming others can draw the fire of those who are most often judged by you.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Onewhoknowsjesus

Oh brother, you went and did it now..... INCOMING!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I stand for all that is legibly written and grammatically correct. Your post made my eyes and brain hurt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join