It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dexter Thread

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
God damned mother #*&$#((*$## Bright House! They are currently fighting with Showtime, so now I can't watch my Dexter, despite the reason it's the ONLY reason I even added Showtime in the first damn place!

Oh, this is not going to go over at all well....oh no....

*starts blowin' up the phones....*

I had to take the day off work today so Verizon could come install FiOS. I missed Dexter yesterday, but I anticipate watching it tonight and look forward to faster internet connection and paying less $ monthly than I was with Time Warner.
edit on 5-8-2013 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

I'm too out in the country for FIOS here. They only have the hookups for it in town (and even then, only in the rich areas), you know, for folks who never watch TV or play games online anyhow....

I know, because I used to manage the FIOS build for a county, for Verizon, hehe....
They kept thinking the rich folks would pay for better cable. Uhm...no, a guy in a trailer park will spring for fast internet for his Call of Duty before he even pays his trailer rent...you dolts!

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
So thats why it wasnt on? HS.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Bright House resolved the issue, and the shows are on demand.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Bright House resolved the issue, and the shows are on demand.

Im going to nerd out!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Wow seams like its getting pretty good! I cant wait to see how it turns out!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
new book out by the author on 17th sept for all the bookworms out there i am still on season 4 on britt t.v

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

geobro
new book out by the author on 17th sept for all the bookworms out there i am still on season 4 on britt t.v

Bookworm right here, I have them all! Cant wait till it comes out!

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
YO WTF???!!!!

Im so angry right now...

Not going to spoil it.....but F##K!!11^%$@%^$#%&$#&#&$&^%*^%$^#&##&^%^%*^$*@@$%#%$#&^^*$%&(^%

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Tylerdurden1
YO WTF???!!!!

Im so angry right now...

Not going to spoil it.....but F##K!!11^%$@%^$#%&$#&#&$&^%*^%$^#&##&^%^%*^$*@@$%#%$#&^^*$%&(^%

I thought it was a good ending. Nothing ambigious left to try and interpret and all loose ends tied up.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

Tylerdurden1
YO WTF???!!!!

Im so angry right now...

I thought it was a good ending. Nothing ambigious left to try and interpret and all loose ends tied up.

They turned him into friggin wolverine!! Horses#it!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Tylerdurden1
They turned him into friggin wolverine!! Horses#it!

I guess if I were into Xmen I would get that.

I think the evolution of the character was good; he stopped fulfilling his urges, which put everyone in his life at risk, and took the hard road out and everyone is now safe.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I was very disappointed in the ending.

It was rushed and there wasn't anything to keep you on your toes. Everything was pretty basic and you pretty much knew it was going to happen. I knew Deb was toast when the doctor came in all happy saying how fine she was gonna be. I mean come on that is always a sign of they are going to die. Also Dexter ridding off into the storm was ok but still not what i had expected.

I didn't like Hannah coming back, she annoyed me. I didn't care for the final season, it was kind of weak imo.

I would have liked to have seen Debra turn him in.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

mblahnikluver

To me that would have been a bit cliche. I appreciate where they went with him having to kill his own sister. It was the one time we watched him kill someone and not take the usual enjoyment he derived from everyone else he murdered.

Even with Saxon it ways more antiseptic than his other kills where there was ritual and the build up to the moment.

edit on 26-9-2013 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

mblahnikluver

To me that would have been a bit cliche. I appreciate where they went with him having to kill his own sister. It was the one time we watched him kill someone and not take the usual enjoyment he derived from everyone else he murdered.

Even with Saxon it ways more antiseptic than his other kills where there was ritual and the build up to the moment.

edit on 26-9-2013 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

I dont think it would have been cliche. She was willing to do anything to protect Dexter, even kill. If she turned him in it would have been against everything she had done. She did go a bit nuts after everything that happened. I was kinda hoping everyone would find out about him in some way.

Maybe they will make a movie or something later. Who knows. I just didn't enjoy the last season. I hope Netflix puts it on streaming so I can watch it all over again. Maybe I'l like it the second timea round lol

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

mblahnikluver
I dont think it would have been cliche. She was willing to do anything to protect Dexter, even kill. If she turned him in it would have been against everything she had done.

Which is why I think it would have been cliche. It would have been the 'twist' ending the you have come to expect. It the end, she did do everything for him, she died.

Dexter destroyed everything he cared about; his father, his sister, his wife, his mentor, his job, his coworkers. In the end he took the difficult road and gave up everything to keep his son and Hannah safe. He evolved from a pyschopath to someone that took other's feelings and well being into account which was far different than where he began.

Him in prison just makes him a caged animal instead of what he became, a human being.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The series ending pissed me off. Straight up. I expected... I don't know what I expected, but certainly not THAT.
Grrrr... bark, bark.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slinki
The series ending pissed me off. Straight up. I expected... I don't know what I expected, but certainly not THAT.
Grrrr... bark, bark.

On the mini-series ending scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the rage inducing ending of The Sopranos and 10 being the flawless, nothing left to question ending of Six Feet Under I give it a 7.5.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I think the ending tied up some loose ends and gave us a couple of unexpected surprises. Like it or not; it was one heck of a final ride.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I just watched all seven season again, one right after the other. I do have very mixed feelings about the ending.

But I won't elaborate and spoil anything for anybody who hasn't made it to the end yet.

How about favorite episodes?? Season 5 was epic, especially having Jonny Lee Miller in it, the episode titled "Circle Us" was brilliant.

The last episode of season 2 was EPIC too.

All time favorite guest star was Keith Carradine as Lundy.

Most annoying character Maria, jeezus she drive me nuts, what a bitch she could be.

I really miss the series. Wah!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join