It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex Ghost Hunter Brian Harnois possibly missing

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by smwoop

One could argue that it is you who are selfish, thinking only of yourself and how you feel.

The suicidal are in tremendous pain. We should think of them first.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I always thought he had a gift, the gifted seem to always be troubled souls.

haha, you may be right there ...

I started out rather harshly in this thread about him, from the show he just always kind of rubbed me wrong and I didn't keep track with him after the show.

but ...

After following this story I realized he is rather well liked and loved by many and has been doing positive things after the show. I wish him the best and hope the finds the help he needs ... Divorce is hard to deal with especially when children are involved but I believe he will get past it and be better from it.

I agree.

I actually used to work with a guy who was a hell of a lot like him. It's difficult to explain, but there is a specific personality I'm seeing in Brian that I saw in my ex colleague...

The guy I knew was always distracted, like his mind would fixate on a task and that was the most important thing in the world. It would get him into trouble because he couldn't prioritize his life. He was eventually fired for overreacting with a customer, and I believe he was fired from his job after that for overreacting again. He just wouldn't listen to others, like the information was going in one ear and out the other.

He seemed to have a wish to be someone more important, if that makes sense? He wanted to be a police officer, but he would never have made it, because he wouldn't be able to manage the priorities of the job or make the right decisions.

But, he was a really nice guy. He was annoying as hell, but you knew that if you asked him to do something for you he would try his best to do it.

Really, he was like a friendly teenager in an adults body, if that makes any sense

Anyway, that's what I saw watching Brian, someone a little emotive and naive, like a kid who can't manage adult life.

I'm sure he'll get the help he needs now. It's good to see he's been found safe and well. I just hope his family and kids will be there for him.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by smwoop

One could argue that it is you who are selfish, thinking only of yourself and how you feel.

The suicidal are in tremendous pain. We should think of them first.

Indeed. Many of those who are suicidal are only there because they don't have someone around to sit down with and talk to without judgement. Really, most problems can be dealt with if there is just someone there to put things into perspective and listen to what the problem is.

Something that might seem like an insurmountable problem to one person can often be easily dispelled by someone adding their perspective, or pointing out how small of problem it actually is, or how it can be easily dealt with.

I agree that broadcasting such things over FB or Twitter is not exactly dignified and can appear to be attention seeking. But in some cases that's the only option people have to get someone to listen to them.

Maybe if someone he knew had bothered to spend some time to sit down with him and talk about things none of it would have happened? These instances make me wonder about how selfish others are around someone who is in obvious emotional distress.

If no one knew, why didn't they know? And what does that say about the interest they have in the welfare of their friends and family?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Yeah you are right. I am the selfish one because I don't want people to commit suicide.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
When you get to a dark point in your life, your view of reality can be very distorted.

It sounds like this guy is an attention seeker as well.

Not a good mixture.

"Suicide sometimes proceeds from cowardice, but not always; for cowardice sometimes prevents it; since as many live because they are afraid to die, as die because they are afraid to live."
-Charles Caleb Colton

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It seems he is safe now.
Facebook
edit on 10-12-2012 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
If he really loved his daughters he could have joined the military and sent them checks in the mail every month, then died saving someone else who has daughters too and cares about their life. But oh well, another slit wrist that needs to get everyones attention through facebook instead of keeping it within their own world (leaving an actual physical letter instead of displaying it online for sympathy). Should I feel sad? I dont feel to sad about all the children dieing in Africa right now just as most people in America so who cares. Also it says he lied and did alot of wrong things, aka he lied about his whole career chasing imaginary things?

Edit- I saw that he was found safe, just more proof he just wanted attention.
edit on 10-12-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'd be willing to be he shows up in a few months with his own ghost hunting tv show.

BS.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
from wiki
"On 9 December 2012 a message began circulating Facebook stating that Harnois was missing and had posted a suicide note on his Timeline.[2]
Missing Poster from Facebook 12/09/2012

According to a tweet by Michelle Harnois, wife of missing Brian Harnois, the Warwick police left her house at 8:49 p.m. on Dec. 9, and are still searching for Brian. Earlier reports indicated that Brian Harnois left a note that many interpret as a suicide note, on his Facebook account on the morning of Dec. 9. No one has heard from or seen him since.

Rumors that Brian Harnois has split with his wife and may have been depressed over the failure of his marriage seem to be confirmed by Michelle Harnois’ recent tweets to Brian telling him their daughter cried herself to sleep because she couldn’t wish him a happy birthday.

Another tweet dated Dec. 6, indicated that Michelle had not seen Brian Harnois for 6 days. Despite any personal differences the couple may experience, Michelle Harnois says she is very worried that he is in danger.

Brian Harnois was said to be found safe and sound on December 10, 2012."

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

yes, he has been found, safe and sound, it's all over the web news, he's being treated.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
He said that he had not seen his daughters in quite a while. It sounds to me like he and his wife had a bad break up and she is keeping his kids away from him to try to control him. This happens all the time, and in the depression, the man takes all the fault before killing himself, even when the fault lied with the ex-wife for using his kids to try to control him. Was she after child support and alimony and all that? does anyone know? I have seen this before.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Thankfully they have found him and he's hopefully going to get some help.

His note was full of pain, and I genuinely felt sorry for him (which an unusual response for me if you knew me- normally I would write this off as attention seeking).

Hope he manages to put his life back on track.....

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
I call bull**** on this story. For someone to have a show and make money doing so cannot possibly be homeless and barely scraping by!

:shk: Unbelievable.

You do realize that Brian hasn't been on TV for YEARS now, right?

I didn`t study him much but what I do know is that he was found....so I was right he didn`t commit suicide....but I still wonder about his paranormal experiences while he was away

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeriousIndividual
It seems he is safe now.
Facebook
edit on 10-12-2012 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

Dude...you rock

Thanks for following the story on FB and posting it on ATS for those who deny ignorance

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

He is still alive and posting on his facebook page.

Ok everyone, I am safe. I wanted to thank everyone that was concerned for me. I am sorry I posted it here on Facebook, but I was so out of it, I didn't know what to do or where to go. I know I still have tons of friends out there, and couldn't realize it at the time. I should have never done this, but no it was not a hoax. I was serious at the time. Please do not bash Michelle: She is the mother of my children and I am still very much in love with her and always will be even though I ruined that relationship. This was my fault I was in this situation and didn't know what to do. Thank you to all my friends that posted on here and web wide looking for me, and to all my personal friends, I will be calling you tomorrow or the next day to talk to you all. Michelle, I will be calling you tomorrow. I miss you!! I am out of the hospital and back on my medications that I needed for my bi-polar condition. As for all the assholes that bashed me, YOU DON"T KNOW ME, OR MY SITUATION. There is always more than one side of the story. REMEMBER THAT!!! Again thank you and I was deeply touched by everyone who searched, posted, and hunted for me. Especially a certain couple of people who I never thought would look for me. Eric Cadorette you have no clue what you did for me today. Best bros forever man!! (sounds corny, but I don't give a #!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join