Solar flare makes the sun jump. I think it's cool.

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
This is probably the most beautiful sight and colors tones used to show a solar flare eruption. Least I think it is anyway. But right before it erupts, I believe it 's at the 0:10 mark, the Sun actually moves and jumps. You would think that with how big the Sun is, that a solar flare wouldn't affect the Sun all that much.

I don't know just weird.

Anyone find anything interesting on Helioviewer lately?

The Aliens and the Sun have been pretty quiet lately.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Dear Manhater,

It is indeed lovely. I do not believe the Sun jumped, I think it is more likely that the pulse from the sun made the camera jump. At least something to consider and it is good to see you thinking about things other than your grade. Peace.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
The sun did not "jump".

The fox did not jump over the moon.

Humpty dumpty will never be put back together again...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
It kind of jumped

Reminds me of the aurora lights.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I think it's much more likely that the movement was done by the camera on the Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO), not the Sun.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Definitely camera was bumped or hit by something. Could have been the aliens recording it. Just did some research, largest sunspot viewed was 1947. Sunspots are solar flares only viewed differently by different equipment. The sun spot was earlier technology so now we get to see the actual flare. This is my understanding of the technology which is not much so anyone feel free to correct any errors.

Nothing But The Facts About Sunspots

More info: NASA Link

Here is a graph showing the great sunspot of 1947. I say sunspot but i suppose now we would call it a flare.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Um, no. You need sunspots to produce flares, but you can have non-Complex sunspots without flares. The two terms are not at all interchangeable.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
Definitely camera was bumped or hit by something...

The movement may have looked like a "bump", as if a camera person gets hit while making a video...

HOWEVER this is not a traditional "video", but instead is a time-lapse made up of a bunch of still pictures. These pictures were taken over a span of 2 weeks, so the "bump" was actually just one or two of those still pictures in which the camera/SDO spacecraft moved into a slightly different position than the other still images.

It could be just a simple and relatively slow spacecraft movement instead of a bump. If the spacecraft was bumped by something, it probably would have done damage.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Ah OK, that makes more sense, some sort of glitch.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
The sun did not "jump".

The fox did not jump over the moon.

Humpty dumpty will never be put back together again...

You are correct...and not the fox did not....it was the cow...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
is this thread for real?

the camera moved, not the sun

blimy!

new topics
top topics

join