It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Victims of December 21st 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Let me just begin by saying that I am not happy to even be posting on this subject, but I think it needs to be looked at in a very different way.

I was just cruising the weekly world news, as I often do, and I came across this article:

weeklyworldnews.com...

My focus, however, isn't on the article itself but on one of the comments made at the bottom of the page. For the sake of time, I'll quote the pertinent comment here:

"I am honestly terrified of the world at one point for two years I could hardly sleep or eat, I had reacuring [sic] night mares every night I can't explain how scared I am I need something to comfort me becayse [sic] I'm really considering suicide I'm that frightened I'm only young teenager but I am so scared I don't know what to do or think .. And everything thinks I'm being ridiculous but I'm really debating taking my own life to not be apart of this ?! "

This is the kind of stuff that makes me sick. The fear mongering and media hype that is becoming increasingly pervasive is actually causing young people to consider suicide. And this isn't an isolated incident. I saw a very similar comment a few days ago on a different "2012 Doomsday" article. I couldn't find it to post here, but the poster mentioned that he was considering suicide as well, and I would be very surprised to learn that these two are the only ones with these feelings.

This is the kind of thing people don't think about when they propagate this nonsense online and otherwise. Innocent, gullible young people (and even not so young people) who get so worked up and convinced by this crap that they actually hurt themselves or others.

I honestly wish this could be the last "2012 Doomsday" thread, but I guess we'll have to wait until nothing happens and the fear mongers that spawned this ridiculousness go into hiding to develop their next apocalypse predictions.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Unfortunately, suicide happened long before this and will continue long after, it is always used as an excuse to avoid dealing with every day life. Anyone that contemplates suicide has many issues to deal with and 2012 is the least of their problems. Convenient scapegoat. I would love to stop anyone from taking their own life period. There are many problems in this world and they also existed long before 2012.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I believe it has less to do with the media than it does the individuals ability to think critically. This is simply a case of someone believing every bit of crap they hear or read without doing their own checks and balances.

IRM

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The hype surrounding this 2012 date is getting way out of hand. It's an interesting and noteworthy day, but no one should be working themselves up this bad over it. It's sad to hear that some people are loosing a grip on their rationality and some even planning suicide. If Deity wants you to die that day, He'll take care of it. No need to do it yourself.

Relax, everyone.

Maybe it will be a normal day. Maybe the Earth will explode. Maybe somebody will stage a big false flag based on our fears. But ultimately, worrying isn't going to help anyone. So let's all stop worrying and getting hysterical about it.

Enjoy each and every day as they come.
Your job is to wake up on Friday, Dec 21, eat a nice breakfast and make it through your day as per usual.

S+F

edit on 10-12-2012 by Heliophant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mysteriousmysteries

Im hear to tell you I know exactly how you feel im young too and not only that, i have a son to to look out for. I understand how it feels thinking about it everyday but dont hurt yourself you only need to meditate on the spiritual and seek understanding and make peace with your god. You are called to help those that do not understand what is going on in this world. If you are a christian you should know that the world will not end on the 21st, but if your not find your strength to move on your are powerful within your will to seek wisdom and understanding you are going to be alright you are not alone. though i dont believe the world will end i believe that we are entering some interesting times. God Bless you :

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mysteriousmysteries

i too worry there will be a unfortunate high rate this day or the next when nothing did happen... the thing is you can say ...well they were weak minded blah blah blah... but they were just scared of the unknown and I don't care who you are , how old you are, where you've been or where your going.. at some time in your life you've been scared of the unknown, or bamboozled into thinking something was true that wasn't... we are all human. Have some compassion, watch your fellow man.. offer a hand if needed.. it doesn't hurt i promise.. just look at how many people right here on ats believe with all their hearts something is gonna happen and more specifically many believe on this particular day.. lets please be mindful of others.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Maybe the ones that commit suicide are the ones that will truly "ascend", as the delusional new age hippies call it.

Hey hippies, better hurry. You only have 11 days to "ascend"

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I understand the terror he feels. Growing up in the 1980's during the cold war, it was terrifying. Constant talk about nuclear war, total annihilation, over kill, etc. Even the bible seemed to support Armegeddon via a nuclear war between Russia and the United States. Movies and TV played on this much as it does now. Although I was never suicidal I didn't like to be left alone in case the bomb got dropped. I didn't want to die by myself.

I got over it, through prayer for me, but I learned a big lesson about worrying about this kind of crap and I am making darn sure to protect my daughter from it so she doesn't have these irrational fears. Every generation seems to have something life-ending to worry about. Maybe it is a necessary part of our culture.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I've seen alot of comments like that on wwn and sometimes you can tell the person is just trolling which I hope is the case with this comment. It's sad when people kill themselves for no reason I remember some girl from that terral's chat room that ended up killing herself because of stupid doom and i'm sure there were other factors.

top topics

join