It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stone Map of the World

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sneaglebob12

And I can't disagree that some of the stuff KD is on about is debunked or entirely outlandish. That's why I said in the OP, this doesn't have to do with ANY of that stuff.. strictly, the stone map. If anyone can find studies or debunking of THIS specific object, I'd love to see it just for curiosity's sake!

I don't doubt that most of the stuff he presents has a logical if not debunked history, but I can't find anything that proves this specific artifact is a hoax. That's why I made the thread.

Speculation about if it IS real, and open to debunkers if they have valid thoughts outside of 'It's fake.' Sources would be greatly appreciated and I'm open to any sort of logical assertions. But someone saying 'Well, it looks like (insert fake) to me..' is as valid as someone saying 'Well, it looks (insert real) to me', ya dig?

So scientifically speaking, if there was a study or .. ANYTHING for that matter about THIS particular artifact, I would friggin' love to see it. But I really do appreciate your skepticism, it makes it all the more interesting that finding debunks on this thing are hard to come by!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
it's as though someone had seen the planet from afar--amazing!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysteriousmysteries
Very interesting. At first I didn't see it, but the longer I looked the more uncanny it seemed.

If the article is correct, this could be yet another of the thousands of unexplained artifacts from around the world which seem to defy current understanding of technological development through history, eg. ancient batteries etc.

Well, if the knowledge of that time was so immense, why didn't they choose a spherical stone to depict the earth? Or was the shape of the earth like this stone, some x-1000 years ago? Nice idea :-)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

That looks like it may have been done with a powered engraver to me. It has that look to it and I've done a little stone carving and experimented with many methods over the years. The one I have now spins as it chips and it leaves lines just like that. Like you, I've a lot of experience working with stones having grown up with a Rock Shop in our basement, built multiple mineral / crystal / gemstone collections and taken many semesters of various courses in Geology in the 1970's.

Old is something it's not IMO also.

Hand work would look nothing like that.

I agree, the lines that make up the Americas especially are way to uniform in width.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join