It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stone Map of the World

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Fimbulvetr

I breezed through the posts, missed where my question was already asked.

If you want to call it fake, please present evidence to back that claim. If you'd like to think it 'real' and follow the THEORY I present in the OP, then by all means add some insight!

So if I want to call it fake, I need to present evidence.
If I would like to 'think it real' I can feel free to add insight?

Thanks for the sharp reply. Maybe when I have been a member as long as you have, I will know the ropes around here. I am just glad that I was able to give you the opportunity to make your 48th post!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
They had the technology to map the whole planet, but, the quality of the carving is on par with a grade school child, and they couldn't simply fabricate something more globe-like?

They couldn't have used a more spherical natural concretion?

This stone isn't even the same level of quality of the Ica Stones hoax.

edit on 10-12-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The thing with being stone, it is impossible to date the work on it by normal dating means. If it had been found in a tunnel or cave, there should have been some sediment from dust falling on it or even floods, cave ins, etc. But since the position of where it had been found (if it had been accurately documented) hasnt been reported, that cant be done.

So they can look at the patina on the rock, this might give an indication of how long the face has been exposed to the air/weather. And they could look to see if the patina matches where it was found, so say it has a 1000 year seawater patina on it and they found it in a tunnel, then it was put in the tunnel recently. Or say it has red dust patina on it and the dust in the tunnel is grey, and there are no traces of the grey dust having sat on the rock for very long, then you can conclude that it was put there recently too.

The other thing they can look at is the engravings, were they made by modern tools or ancient ones. What is a modern tool though, I mean if these guys had gone around the world then couldnt the also have had a rotating drill like tool with a diamond or saphire tip or something? Soemtimes there are microscpoic specks in the engraving that can help date it, like snail shells or specks of burnt wood.

The thing that gets me about these discoveries is that most of the above is not possible, thus leaving it up to a matter of faith to belive or not.

Also, with this particular case, I wonder why they would have made the map? What use would it be to anyone, certainly not practical. Ceremonial perhaps, with the eye in Iraq. The fact that they hadnt included things like the pyramids and the great wall, or the Amazon river on it, makes me think that, if it is ancient, they saw the Earth from far above, not travelled around it.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

That wasn't meant as a slight towards you. There were a handful of short 'It's fake.' posts that didn't give any real reason WHY they'd call it a fake. Just that it's fake.

Like Druscilla just posted here, there are reasons she gives as to why she believes it's more than likely a hoax, based on other materials and an idea that IF they could do that, then why not have the ability to render it in a more globe-like state.

Thank you for the oh-so-kind mention of my new membership to the site. I really appreciate the warm welcome.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Fimbulvetr

Thank you for the oh-so-kind mention of my new membership to the site. I really appreciate the warm welcome

I missed your introduction thread, or I would have given you the normal warm welcome that I normally give new members

If you want to call it fake, please present evidence to back that claim. If you'd like to think it 'real' and follow the THEORY I present in the OP, then by all means add some insight!

I will put the quote up again.
It says "If you want to call it fake. It doesn't says if members at large want to call it fake, so you might understand why I may have thought it was directed at me.

As far as the stone goes, I don't know who inscribed the lines or when. Apparently no one else does either. That isn't quite enough proof for me of anything.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Hmmmm

the pyramids as the height of the last society
and the underground bunkers to avoid the world
catastrophe that happened, then they came out and
repopulated the earth.?

much like the under ground bunkers that are being built
today by govt's around the world..

makes ya wonder how many times we have been
here and done this...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Maybe you didn't do this as a kid, but I did: copy symbols that you thought had meaning without really understanding the meaning.

The Indo-American civilizations weren't all that advanced, in many ways less so than ancient Sumer. So if this map is legit, I doubt that it is from their navigations.

Instead, I propose, they were visited by somebody more advanced. Not spaceship advanced, but possessed the capability to cross oceans and not die. They show up, look different, speak a different language and communication is near impossible. One outstanding question would be "where did you come from"? So after a lot of gesticulating they bring out a globe. To somebody who is totally unfamiliar with cartographic representation this object would present something mystical. To somebody who couldn't fully grasp the meaning it could be misconstrued as an object of power.

I disagree with the lines-of-power notion being are ascribing to the quartz veins. Most early civilizations sprang up between 30N and 30S, so that in itself is a so-what. If the copier intentionally found a rock with these veins I would offer the conjecture that it was their intrepretation of rhumb lines. As for the "eye" the placement in the Middle East points to an area of significance to both Muslims and Chinese.

The Muslims had a nautical expansion that isn't well documented, but it resulted in Islam expanding into the local populations of Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Philippines. A position of Mecca, Medina, or Baghdad (especially if the American copier misplaced it) would make sense.

The Chinese had an interest in Baghdad since that was their terminal point in the Silk Road. If the original globe originated in the late 1300s and early 1400s, then this might be a reflection of a time when the Chinese wanted to maximize profit and not pay tariffs imposed on the overland route (that is assuming that the 1434 Chinese arrival in Italy can be vindicated -a theory widely rejected by historians).

You are probably correct that this is a fraud, but if it is legitimate then history would be flipped on its head. My only qualm with what you wrote is it assumes that it originated in the Americas from American navigation. Instead, if this is real, it would be somebody trying to find the power behind their visitors feat.
edit on 10-12-2012 by GreenGlassDoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Dont know how much of this is true, but if
this is true, its amazing...

but being from russia, who knows...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
IF not a hoax...then it depicts where Atlantis was!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
Dont know how much of this is true, but if
this is true, its amazing...

but being from russia, who knows...

Crinoid fossils, not a machine.

See this ATS Thread

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by gunshooter

P.T. said it best, there's one born every minute. There's no science behind this rock.

IS THAT A FACT? Prove it, and while you're at it, prove this isn't a fake just because you see no science behind it. The truth is, it might be a fake, or it might not be, you have no clue, just speculation, and theory, that's it.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
There is a deafening silence from the Pareidolia brigade on this one....

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fimbulvetr

All of the main continents are depicted on the stone and for the most part they are shown in their correct locations and their correct relative sizes. How could anyone possibly know the geographic locations and sizes of all the worlds land masses that long ago?

restrictednews.com...

IF those are incised (inscribed) lines (the white lines), then it's a modern hoax. The whiteness of that stone means it was carved recently. Very ancient marks are the same color as the rock surface.

If those are not inscribed/incised lines, then the rock is one that has patterned inclusions -- like agates. They show layers of formation but are natural rock formations.

Just looking at it (and based on my work both as a researcher of rock art here in Texas AND my experience as a rockhound/lapidarist/gemcutter) I would say it's a mix of a natural stone that someone has "enhanced" by trying to carve something that looked like the Americas on it.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

All of the main continents are depicted on the stone and for the most part they are shown in their correct locations and their correct relative sizes. How could anyone possibly know the geographic locations and sizes of all the worlds land masses that long ago?

restrictednews.com...

The whiteness of that stone means it was carved recently. Very ancient marks are the same color as the rock surface.

Can this be used as a common rule, I mean does it vary from stone to stone or does it apply on all various stones? And if it does, is there significance in the surroundings where the stone is preserved? This was a good fact to know if it can be applied generally!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

So they new what the Earth looked liked from space, but they couldn't find a more spherical rock to use

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

If there was a cataclizmic event in the past that wiped out the majority of the population, I could see this crude "earth" model being used as a learning tool for children of the survivors...sort of legacy knowledge. Perhaps it was a globe toy much the same we have today. Just a little bit of daydreaming

It could have been that a possible survivor or such could have made this in hopes of a future being finding this , or as one of the last hand crafts of the persons life memory.. the world .

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tru3NugMaster

If there was a cataclizmic event in the past that wiped out the majority of the population, I could see this crude "earth" model being used as a learning tool for children of the survivors...sort of legacy knowledge. Perhaps it was a globe toy much the same we have today. Just a little bit of daydreaming

It could have been that a possible survivor or such could have made this in hopes of a future being finding this , or as one of the last hand crafts of the persons life memory.. the world .

Wouldn't they have written something on it, like,

"I'm a survivor hoping a future being finds, my life memory…. the world"

The language barrier didn't stop the rest of history from writing stuff.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Either this was made by someone who had (or who's ancestor's had) been part of a fallen civilisation, or it's a fake.

QV.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

well, that answers that question.
thanks butcherguy

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul

well, that answers that question.
thanks butcherguy

Any time I can help.

ETA: They do look remarkably like gears!
edit on 11-12-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join