It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Envaitenet Island

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
There is a small island called Envaitenet by local, which means you can go but will never return. I get this information from a financial web with nothing detailed just for leisure.
Then I searched google also no more story.
So I come here to ask has anyone been there or it is really weird that people vanished there has been proved.
What if send a carrier group to there?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by emile

You're not really giving a lot of information on the subject.

Where is it located?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

On Rudolf Lake in Kenya there is Envaitenet Island, which translates as "no-return" from the language of the local tribe. The island is just several kilometers wide and long. Local people do not live on the island, because they consider it a cursed place. English explorer Vivian Fush's expedition was working in Kenya in 1935. His two colleagues - Martin Sheflis and Bill Dayson - left for the mysterious island. Fifteen days passed, but the two scientists did not return.

www.ufodigest.com... the rest of the story.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I searched the web and basically found the same thing reposted on a couple sites. I'm not too sure about the legitimacy of this story.
There's not much hard evidence other than a 1930's disappearance of two explorers. Probably just a sunken ship turned into a ghost story.
edit on 10/12/12 by FlyingCow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Maybe the people are falling into holes, the area is volcanic, maybe the people are tripping out because they are breathing sulfur and other fumes.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingCow

They could have been eaten by the vast amount of crocs, killed by scorpions or snakes etc. area is brimming with killer creatures.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
All the stories seem to be taken from the same source, as they all misspell the name of Vivian Fuchs. Here's the Wiki page on Fuchs:

Wikipedia: Vivan Fuchs

A world traveller in her own right, Joyce accompanied Vivian on his expedition to Lake Rudolf (now Lake Turkana) in 1934. The findings from this expedition, in which two of their companions were lost, brought Fuchs his PhD from Cambridge in 1937.

The article doesn't add any more detail. I'm still looking....

Edit: Here's a little more. By the way, note that Sir Vivian Fuchs is quite well-known. It seems like the details of this particular incident would be easier to find. Perhaps they're on one of the many paid sites I've found--or perhaps in his biography. But I'm not going to pay to find out. Anyway:

Sir Vivian Fuchs (biographical site)

...set out for Lake Turkana to resume geological and survey work. Here they made the first recorded visit to South Island and found signs of human occupation. When Fuchs returned to the mainland to continue his geological work, disaster struck and his two companions were lost. After intensive searches for more than eight days the search had to be called off.[/ex[

That's all I have time for. Past my bedtime. Good luck....
edit on 12/10/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Well some of the reports involved people disappearing right before their eyes.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Like falling down a hole in the ground maybe?. Natives are known to sell alot of bullcrap.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Like natives have anything to gain from this, fact is many things disappear from one place and end up somewhere else unexplained, time warps maybe, "worm holes", dimensional fractures, falling in holes would not be included, they would know they fell in a hole right before their eyes. Your avatar makes it very difficult to take anything you say seriously anyway.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

I never said they have anything to gain but they make up alot of BS ghost stories to explain what they don't understand or to keep children out of certain areas. Ever heard of myths, legends etc?
You must be terribly weak minded if an avatar makes or breaks credibility.
If we're playing that game I'm guessing your a fat chick, into some kind of fake magic BS.

" A native said it so it's 100% true"

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by FlyingCow

They could have been eaten by the vast amount of crocs, killed by scorpions or snakes etc. area is brimming with killer creatures.

Very possible, if this was a small settlement. Also possible some hostile locals from the mainland took them out. The article I located (other link didn't work for me...) - link - doesn't say how many island people disappeared. Have to say, too - love your avatar! Hogan was great fun!

Overall, for the thread, I suspect that the island is feared because of tradition, based on the villagers vanishing, and the explorers not coming back. Still, it might be a cool place for some group or other to check out. Crocs seems most likely, since they apparently didn't locate any bodies. Unless....they have a local sea monster, that comes onto land to eat people! Yeah, yeah, I know....but the idea is kinda fun to think about!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Great points but Im sure people weren't just disappearing in to thin air. The idea of animals or maybe even a monster animal seems more appropriate. Thanks I figured Hogan was a good match for my particular brand of asshattery.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Its shown as "Enwoiti Island" on google map, instead of Envaitenet. Its located Lake Turkana (Prev. known Rudolf Lake) in Kenya. If you are observing you can find the island near to the South Island National park.

There are many active volcanoes situated nearby areas (most probably under the lake too), as per my understanding people might have died by in-taking poisons gases like Sulphur.

goo.gl...

top topics

join