It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it true that only white are capable of racism?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

while it is unheard of for a nonwhite (black, hispanic, etc) to be deemed/accused of such (the above)- against whites in particular.

No it isn't. Just look how the media handled the new black panther party.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I think all white people should come clean and quit saying it offends you to be called a "cracker". That is so ridiculous! I have never, ever, ever, never, had my precious whittle feewings hurt being called a "cracker". That is so silly! I think that is just a white persons way of saying "I know how you feel, black man. I too am a victim of prejudice." I suppose it is possible that some ultra sensitive people could get upset. I wouldn't even care if someone called me an "mother f-er". Sticks and stones.

As for the poor comparison of BET, there are plenty of Latino and Asian specific TV stations. Does that really bother you? I think HGTV and Nickelodeon come pretty close to White Entertainment Television.

Think about it. The Voting Rights Act ensuring blacks in America could legally vote wasn't until 1965. Only 47 years ago. Perhaps to a 20 year old that is ancient history, but in reality that was like yesterday. Does it really hurt you if someone else gets assistance based on their ethnicity? For some reason, even though I'm full blown whitey McWhiteson, it doesn't bother me a bit. I think we all could use an advantage, and I am happy for anyone who can get one.

I have only read one comment mentioning Native Americans. It is almost as if everyone has forgotten about the original occupants of the USA.

As for the OP, can ethnic groups other than white be racist? Is that really a question? This thread is quickly building responses to a question that has an obvious answer, yes. Do I care and does that affect my life in any way? None what so ever.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Racism - the word and a tool used for Humanity to HATE itself. As all humans are part of the HUMAN RACE, we need to stop using words like this to divide each other. We are ALL one race. The colors are only incidental by environmental factors and WE are now ALL blurring the lines between the differences at an amazing velocity. It would be great if this word were OUTLAWED PERIOD.
edit on 10-12-2012 by Opportunia because: Clarity

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

I can believe that but the reason you do not have conversations like this in your real life is probably that like most people you associate with people who already think like you. Where I work these kind of conversations go on all the time even though management tries to stop us. The reason for that I believe is because the majority of the people I work with come from all over the place and have traveled over much of the world. They are also very individualistic and have great assurance in themselves, a requirement for the job. We umm, "discuss" things for 12hrs at a time and almost everybody gets involved. Very few of us are in agreement with anybody else about anything.
It makes the long hours pass a whole lot faster. Plus you get to learn a lot about whatever the subject is that night.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Is it true that only white are capable of racism? No...but they're the only ones who will be prosecuted for it.

Not true at all. Here are the FBI hate statistics for 2010

Of the 6,008 known offenders, 58.6 percent were white and 18.4 percent were black. For 12.0 percent, the race was unknown, and the remaining known offenders were of other races.

www.fbi.gov...

These statistics prove the whole OP wrong as well. Thread over.
edit on 10-12-2012 by ShotGunRum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ShotGunRum

Bleh...Statistics. Here's how reliable statistics are:

"There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics." What you must do is ask yourself some questions: who did the study that came up with the statistics, what exactly are the statistics measuring, who was asked, how were they asked, and compared with what? If one believes in the truth of statistics (and there are many such), then how does one explain that the same Presidential candidate can be 20 points ahead and 5 points behind his opponent in the polls at the same time? After all, both polls are "statistics". What you must be examine, if you wish to use statistics as evidence, are the above questions."

public.wsu.edu...

Based on what I believe to be the other questions around the origin and purpose of gathering the statistics being used, that the statistics are reliable to CERTAIN facts and viewpoints. Are we going to use the FBI's reasoning to define racism? I'm not so sure you would want to do that. The word should be criminalized then you would see many problems disappear.

As far as one person doing wrong to another because the other person is different than them, there are laws about these things, yes? If I hit someone with a fist...I will need to answer for the assault no matter what the situation. You don't need the word racism - it is not a valid reason EVER. So if it is not valid ever, the use of the word should also be criminalized. Then the acts will go away and people will simply stand or fall on their own merit and integrity.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Opportunia

The statistics are counting the amount of hate crimes a year, then the percentile of which race did them. It is more than clear.

n 2010, the races of the 6,008 known hate crime offenders were as follows:

58.6 percent were white.
18.4 percent were black.
8.9 percent were groups made up of individuals of various races (multiple races, group).
1.1 percent were Asian/Pacific Islander.
1.0 percent were American Indian/Alaskan Native.
12.0 percent were of unknown race.

www.fbi.gov...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I have not read the entire thread and I'm sure this has already been said but everyone is capable of racism, bigotry, and all other forms of hate. These hateful feelings exist everywhere among all groups of people and it's not just the "white man" who is guilty of these crimes.

I agree with the OP that that white people are easy targets for the racist label but that is just because how our society has progressed and most people ignore these labels since racial harmony is more abundant than most people want to believe.

We need to stop dwelling on the hate and focus on the love and peace.

Shalom.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrBelligerence
reply to post by mOjOm

I recently went back to school and this is now what they're teaching as fact to the new generation of college kids.

That explains a lot.. they changed the definition.. goddamned cultural marxism.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShotGunRum
The statistics are counting the amount of hate crimes a year, then the percentile of which race did them. It is more than clear.

n 2010, the races of the 6,008 known hate crime offenders were as follows:

58.6 percent were white.
18.4 percent were black.
8.9 percent were groups made up of individuals of various races (multiple races, group).
1.1 percent were Asian/Pacific Islander.
1.0 percent were American Indian/Alaskan Native.
12.0 percent were of unknown race.

www.fbi.gov...

Hate crime is a contrived category, the purpose of which is to change negate the hard facts that minorities commit more crimes against non-minorities. It is quite frankly just another step in the PC indoctrination process. To make a category that they can quote to make justify the special status under the law serves their purposes nicely.
You can do your own math using DOJ statistics but here are some shocking and very politically incorrect ones.

According to the DOJ –
-Blacks 39 times more like to commit crime against whites
-35,000 black on white rapes reported per year
-9 (nine!) white on black rapes
(This means that every day, over 100 white women are raped or sexually assaulted by black men)
-Over 3000 black on white gang rapes
-White on black gang rapes "so rare" they do not even show up on statistics.

Argue with DOJ STATISTICS is you wish. I know it is not politicaly correct nowdays to speak the truth.

bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov...

Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.

Blacks are three times more likely to use a hand gun, and twice more likely to use a knife.

Hispanics commit three times more violent crimes than whites, but the statistics are nebulous because sometimes they are classified as white, so it could be far higher.
The best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percent of the population that is black and Hispanic.
Blacks are 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against whites then vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit a robbery.
Forty-five percent of black crime is against whites, 43 against other blacks, and 10 percent against Hispanic.

www.colorofcrime.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

BET - Black Entertainment TV - Not considered racist

This argument is so silly.

BET isn't racist in any shape or form. There are white people on BET, especially white rappers and Latinos. The majority of TV is white oriented.. Black Americans have their own culture and make up a tiny portion of the country. Why exactly does BET bother you again?

Is Lifetime (a women's network) sexist? No. And it's funny I never see it brought up in any of these types of arguments.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

Whites are not the only race capable of racism. Every race is capable of racism. Whites get the short end of the stick because they are currently running the world and have subjugated other races to get where they are today. White privilege is where whites get certain rights by other members of the white race either consciously or subconsciously by those in positions of power. When a neighborhood starts getting an influx of minority races, whites tend to leave the area to be with their own kind. This is an accepted fact. I don't see hispanics or blacks moving because there are too many white people who live in the neighborhood. I would say white people are the majority of racists, but not the only racists in the world. Many white people do not see themselves that way because they think they understand what a particular race is going through. That is nearly impossible to do without going through the same treatment. Add to that many of the stereotypes that are perpetuated by mainstream television and yes even the cartoons like disney, family guy(yes kids watch this) etc. To me the whole idea of separating humanity into racial groups is nothing but a divide and conquer strategy. We can interbreed and are fundamentally all human no matter what your skin color is. Our leaders are the only people who benefit from racism since the rich profit from war and violence(arms deals and prison industry). The vast majority of people are sheep and do not want to be different from the group so there isn't much hope of a real change happening anytime soon without something drastic affecting us to realize the truth. I'm not talking about some false NWO world peace scenario btw. I agree in part to whites being racist against one another for example how some are called trailer trash etc. In school children are encouraged in a way to join the social group they fit in and stay in that social group for example cheerleaders, jocks, nerds, stoners, metalheads, with a few new ones added in like goth and emo. On a side note bullies are never dealt with by school officials in any fair way that stops them. I would even say the schools tolerate it. I myself stood up to bullies and was punished more severely than any bully ever was. I was in a predicament because of my native american blood, my intelligence, and my athletic ability so none of the existing social groups would accept me. I made a new social group that accepted anyone regardless of intellect, athletic ability, or anything that made someone different. If you were you, that was cool and made a lot of friends I have to this day. I remember one person told me I went from zero to hero ha ha ha. I have known racism firsthand and the best way to overcome it is to accept people for who they are and not what they appear to be. A jerk is a jerk in any race and every one of them has them, we are all people and that's what matters. I don't think souls have a race do you? I really have no desire to get into a spiritual debate about that last sentence. Atheists will never convince me otherwise so what's the point

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
We can always leave it to Daniel Tosh to help ease the tension on racism.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

You're linking stormfront white supremacist propaganda pamphlets. The first line of it says;

Major Findings • Police and the justice system are not biased against minorities.

^ Which is just not true. Anyone who lives in reality knows that this is not true.. not to mention the countless studies done on the topic...

And it was made by the;

New Century Foundation

The New Century Foundation is nonprofit organization founded in 1994 to study immigration and race relations. From 1994 to 1999 its activities received considerable funding by the Pioneer Fund,[1][2][3] and has been described as a white supremacist group.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShotGunRum
You're linking stormfront white supremacist propaganda pamphlets. The first line of it says;

Major Findings • Police and the justice system are not biased against minorities.

^ Which is just not true. Anyone who lives in reality knows that this is not true.. not to mention the countless studies done on the topic...

And it was made by the;

New Century Foundation

The New Century Foundation is nonprofit organization founded in 1994 to study immigration and race relations. From 1994 to 1999 its activities received considerable funding by the Pioneer Fund,[1][2][3] and has been described as a white supremacist group.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't have to agree with their views to see that their numbers are accurate...sorry. Facts are facts.

I also linked the DOJ stats which you convientenlty failed to mention in your reply - why is that? While with the current AG I might agree they are tending to the extremist side, I don’t think all their data is that skewed.

In the US everyone - including the Skinheads, Black Panthers and other extremists groups who both happen to be racists without regard to their opposing views. They are not entitled to their own statistics.

Don't like the message attack the messenger - all the poplar people are doing it now.

If you want to recalculate all the statistics to check them you are free to do so. No one is even going to count off for using a calculator.

As for the first line, I didn't include it because it is an opinion not something verifiable with numbers. As for declaring if absolutely false - that is the same thing; an opinion. Yours, is no more valid than theirs in that regard.

edit on 10/12/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/12/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
wha ?

racism is everywhere

what tripe

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Think about the title of the thread - isn't that a racist notion in and of itself?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy

No..not a made up story. There are several witness's ...why would I make that up? ...and speaking with other servers in the area , through out the years , they have had the same experience that I had. Sad but true. ....

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

According to the DOJ –
-35,000 black on white rapes reported per year
-9 (nine!) white on black rapes
(This means that every day, over 100 white women are raped or sexually assaulted by black men)

Argue with DOJ STATISTICS is you wish. I know it is not politicaly correct nowdays to speak the truth.

bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov...

Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.

Blacks are three times more likely to use a hand gun, and twice more likely to use a knife.

Hispanics commit three times more violent crimes than whites, but the statistics are nebulous because sometimes they are classified as white, so it could be far higher.
The best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percent of the population that is black and Hispanic.
Blacks are 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against whites then vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit a robbery.
Forty-five percent of black crime is against whites, 43 against other blacks, and 10 percent against Hispanic.

www.colorofcrime.com...

Those are all made up stats..they were created by New Century Foundation a racist organization which is part of another racist organization American Renaissance founded by

Jared Taylor is the publisher of the racist magazine, American Renaissance, and host of a bi-annual conference, which attracts open neo-Nazis as well as a gaggle of academicians who proclaim black genetic inferiority

a close examination of these arguments proves that Taylor and his followers are either statistically illiterate, or knowingly deceive for political effect

The Color of Deception: Race, Crime and Sloppy Social Science

Stop quoting hate literature as facts.

If you actually believe this..link the page from the DOJ that actually states any of these stats. Shouldn't be hard if they are real facts...

edit on 11-12-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

According to the DOJ –
-35,000 black on white rapes reported per year -9 (nine!)
white on black rapes (This means that every day, over 100 white women are raped or sexually assaulted by black men)

You can't even find these crap stats on any legitimate sites..only right wing and racial sites.

Hate literature at it's best.

If they were real..please link DOJ page that shows these...their records go as far back as the sixties so finding them wouldn't be hard.
edit on 10-12-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join